SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDaugIn2000's Avatar
    vCash

Thumbs down My Boss put in his notice today :(

My boss resigned today, and I'm really bummed about it. I really liked working with/for him. He got a job he couldn't refuse, and I can't blame him. He'll be making enough that his wife won't have to work and she can stay home with their 1 yr old baby instead of sending her to daycare. I'm glad for him, but will surely miss him. I know I don't have enough experience or the right paper work (degree) for them to move me up to his position, but since I'll surely be picking up a lot of the slack hopefully I'll get something in return. I'm sure they'll look to bring in a "real" engineer to fill his place, one with more experience than I have, but I'm sure I'll get to train them with all of our products and processes. Hopefully it'll be someone I will enjoy working with as much as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Missouri's Coach Stein
    "When I heard Shaq had been traded, I was hoping it had been for the Paris twins because they are ridiculous," Stein joked. "They're probably the two toughest post players to guard in the country."
    CLICK HERE ----->http://www.myartvideo.com

OR HERE------>http://www.myartvideo.com/forums

SoonerFans.com Elite Member AllAboutThe'O''s Avatar
    There she is, and I hope she's living where I is.
    vCash

Re: My Boss put in his notice today :(

Quote Originally Posted by TopDaugIn2000
    My boss resigned today, and I'm really bummed about it. I really liked working with/for him. He got a job he couldn't refuse, and I can't blame him. He'll be making enough that his wife won't have to work and she can stay home with their 1 yr old baby instead of sending her to daycare. I'm glad for him, but will surely miss him. I know I don't have enough experience or the right paper work (degree) for them to move me up to his position, but since I'll surely be picking up a lot of the slack hopefully I'll get something in return. I'm sure they'll look to bring in a "real" engineer to fill his place, one with more experience than I have, but I'm sure I'll get to train them with all of our products and processes. Hopefully it'll be someone I will enjoy working with as much as this one.

Hopefully, in your situation, to coin a lyric from a well-known song, it'll be a case of "meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

If the new boss is not so hot, is there any way to follow your old boss to his new company?

vCash

I've mentioned that to him already. It would require a move, but I'm fine with that. I'd be a little closer to my family that way (but not TOO close)
    "When I heard Shaq had been traded, I was hoping it had been for the Paris twins because they are ridiculous," Stein joked. "They're probably the two toughest post players to guard in the country."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member IB4OU2's Avatar
    vCash

I've mentioned that to him already. It would require a move, but I'm fine with that. I'd be a little closer to my family that way (but not TOO close)
    Why can't you get that position?....from what Iv'e seen on here the last few years you seem very qualified and professional, at least put your name in the hat. Good Luck!

vCash

If I could follow him to the new place, I would. And I made sure he knows that.

At my current job, I don't think they would move me up to his former position since I've only been here 9 months and I don't hold an actual Engineering degree. They will look for someone with the degree and more engineering experience. Even though I nearly run the joint as it is

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

At my current job, I don't think they would move me up to his former position since I've only been here 9 months and I don't hold an actual Engineering degree.
    Your inappropriate manner of dress certainly won't help either, you hussy.

I'm not happy until you're not happy.

Hillbilly Queen

vCash

TD, you paying any attention to the new manufacturing/engineering plant coming in across the street from me?

I'm sure they'll need some help when they get going...if this turns out bad for you. I've had good bosses quit - it can make things difficult. Hang in there.

http://www.albonplc.com/norman.htm

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jerk's Avatar
    vCash

Top, you gonna tell your new boss that you're really good at tearing sh** up?

(:

(:
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Fred Bastiat

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

At my current job, I don't think they would move me up to his former position since I've only been here 9 months and I don't hold an actual Engineering degree. They will look for someone with the degree and more engineering experience. Even though I nearly run the joint as it is
    Skills and abilities are irrelevant. Apperances are what really matters.
    "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
    Issac Asimov

vCash

A. Put in Application B. Polish resume in case new boss doesn't like you or views you as competitor/threat. Not options-- do both!
    If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people - their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties - someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad; if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal." - John F. Kennedy

SoonerFans.com Elite Member VeeJay's Avatar
    vCash

If you were to sleep with him - not that you would, of course! But if you did, it would change things dramatically.

It may be a good sort of change, and it may be a horrible, unforgiveable disaster.

Never mind.
    Posse resident guru on police brutality, Lady Gaga and lawnmower repair parts

vCash

well, today is his last day sad to see him go.

(but we are having a party with TONS of snacks and a german choc cake from la baguette. ya'll come on over!)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Look on the bright side, when the new boss arrives and stops by your cube to tell you about changes he has in mind, you can honestly reply, yeah, yeah, whatever. I've seen bosses come and I've seen 'em go. Are you finished because I have work to do?
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

vCash

hehehehehehe
    yeah, apparently before this one came they went thru SEVERAL.