Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

A regular Pokey-fest at Homey's house

As you may be aware, daughter is currently seeing a poke. You may have read the accounts dutifully posted here.

Last night, said poke and four of his fraternity brothers living in Tulsa this summer came over for a cook-out hosted by daughter.

I bbq-ed chicken...mainly because I'm a cheap bastage and wasn't about to spring for steaks for five 20 year-old young men -- unless they were Sooners of course.

These kids were the poke SAE chapter president, "overall" rush chairman, "Tulsa" rush coordinator, "OKC" rush coordinator and one other guy who's affilitiated in some way but I didn't catch it. He may be the money guy b/c his last name ended in "stein".

Anyway, I wore Sooner stuff and flew the OU flag from the house because, well, you know.

At different times during the evening, I looked each one of them in the eye and asked "You aren't one of those pokes who pulls against OU when they're playing someone other than oSu are you?"

Each replied, "No sir!"

I think I believe 'em, 'cept for one of them, he was kinda beady-eyed and shifty looking.

Incidentally, three of them played HS ball and are convinced Gundy is going to pull it together for them this year. HAH!

I'll keep you posted.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member IB4OU2's Avatar
    vCash

Re: A regular Pokey-fest at Homey's house

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey

As you may be aware, daughter is currently seeing a poke. You may have read the accounts dutifully posted here.

Last night, said poke and four of his fraternity brothers living in Tulsa this summer came over for a cook-out hosted by daughter.

I bbq-ed chicken...mainly because I'm a cheap bastage and wasn't about to spring for steaks for five 20 year-old young men -- unless they were Sooners of course.

These kids were the poke SAE chapter president, "overall" rush chairman, "Tulsa" rush coordinator, "OKC" rush coordinator and one other guy who's affilitiated in some way but I didn't catch it. He may be the money guy b/c his last name ended in "stein".

Anyway, I wore Sooner stuff and flew the OU flag from the house because, well, you know.

At different times during the evening, I looked each one of them in the eye and asked "You aren't one of those pokes who pulls against OU when they're playing someone other than oSu are you?"

Each replied, "No sir!"

I think I believe 'em, 'cept for one of them, he was kinda beady-eyed and shifty looking.

I'll keep you posted.
    Welcome to my world Homey.....living 12 miles south of Pokeville, I'm confronted with these situations daily. Plus my wife "Who is a huge Sooner fan and season ticket holder, works at OSU ." and believe me there are many there like her.

You have to look beyond a lot of their BS and know that the one common denom is that they are still Okies...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by IB4OU2
    Welcome to my world Homey.....living 12 miles south of Pokeville, I'm confronted with these situations daily. Plus my wife "Who is a huge Sooner fan and season ticket holder, works at OSU ." and believe me there are many there like her.

You have to look beyond a lot of their BS and know that the one common denom is that they are still Okies...
    Yep. One good thing is coming out of this unholy alliance. She heads back to Auburn at the end of the month. She has to help with rush or she will suffer a huge fine (more accurately, I suffer a huge fine b/c I foolishly pay the dues and carp) but she's already talking about coming back to Tulsa from Auburn for Labor Day weekend and that sort of thing never happened before.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OUHOMER's Avatar
    vCash

LOL, I thought this was going to be about your dog breeding the biatch from Missouri

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

Incidentally, three of them played HS ball and are convinced Gundy is going to pull it together for them this year. HAH!

I'll keep you posted.

You should have told em, "Yeah, I thought Blake would right the ship too."
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BajaOklahoma's Avatar
    vCash

Homey's daughter is going to tranfer to Stoolwater.
    If only V-bookie was up and running. I say she mentions it by the end of October and transfers for the Spring.
    The fans on here are known for their objectivity, fair play, open minded welcoming of others, debating in an upfront, firm, but respectful manner.....TexasLidig8r 11/21/04

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BajaOklahoma
    Homey's daughter is going to tranfer to Stoolwater.
    If only V-bookie was up and running. I say she mentions it by the end of October and transfers for the Spring.
    Nope. Thankfully, she's just got 2 years left and she'd lose credits. Plus, they don't have her sorority at stoolwater.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member VeeJay's Avatar
    vCash

Chicken fer 'em?

You done more'n I woulda done.
    Posse resident guru on police brutality, Lady Gaga and lawnmower repair parts

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 PrideTrombone's Avatar
    vCash

Nope. Thankfully, she's just got 2 years left and she'd lose credits. Plus, they don't have her sorority at stoolwater.
    But on the downside, she's still at Auburn.
    "Great advice, kid. Way to step up to the plate and knock it out of the park for Team Fail." - bri

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BajaOklahoma's Avatar
    vCash

Pffft! Boyfriend > sorority. And she probably wouldn't lose that many credit hours. The savings for in-state tutition will offset the cost of any extra hours. And the savings of not paying for sorority stuff.
    Homey's gonna be the father of an Aggie!

Funeral service for Homey will be held one week after she starts to school in Stoolwater. Poor Homey.
    The fans on here are known for their objectivity, fair play, open minded welcoming of others, debating in an upfront, firm, but respectful manner.....TexasLidig8r 11/21/04

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Talking Re: A regular Pokey-fest at Homey's house

Quote Originally Posted by PrideTrombone
    But on the downside, she's still at Auburn.
    But of course! Auburn's got that great Sociology Dept.!
    Independent study rawks!

LF

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDaugIn2000's Avatar
    vCash

oh Lord Homey, I pray that she will soon see the light and find a non-poke bf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri's Coach Stein
    "When I heard Shaq had been traded, I was hoping it had been for the Paris twins because they are ridiculous," Stein joked. "They're probably the two toughest post players to guard in the country."
    CLICK HERE ----->http://www.myartvideo.com

OR HERE------>http://www.myartvideo.com/forums

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

So, did you ask them how their season ticket sales were coming along?

vCash

Homey, get aggie-boy interested in someone else.
    posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

That's hawt.

vCash

My fervent prayer is that no grandchild of mine will ever have one of these...

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalFan
    But of course! Auburn's got that great Sociology Dept.!
    Independent study rawks!

LF
    I earned three hours of Auburn credit for reading this thread.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mjcpr
    So, did you ask them how their season ticket sales were coming along?

Oh they cop to that. One of 'em gave the standard line used by also-ran university goers everywhere; "well, football is fun, but its not really important" then went into some diatribe about how in his considered opinion oSu is one of the "premier science and engineering institutions in the nation," blah, blah, blah, and that pokey is known for "more than just sports."

I retorted: "yeah, like sheep shaggin', rummy BB coaches, and being the personal beyotch of T. Boone"

vCash

My fervent prayer is that no grandchild of mine will ever have one of these...

What the hell is that?
    posse member