Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member BajaOklahoma's Avatar
    vCash

Comcast leaving?

The Verizon guy just came by wanting us to switch over. He said that Comcast is leaving the Dallas area the end of August. And we will get Time-Werner. Have I just missed out on this notification?
    The fans on here are known for their objectivity, fair play, open minded welcoming of others, debating in an upfront, firm, but respectful manner.....TexasLidig8r 11/21/04

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Comcast leaving?

Switch to Verizon. Stat. I wish we could get Verizon here but we're stuck with SBC.

And, yes, Comcast is being replaced by TW.

vCash

I am so mad....
    Thanks Widescreen.
    The fans on here are known for their objectivity, fair play, open minded welcoming of others, debating in an upfront, firm, but respectful manner.....TexasLidig8r 11/21/04

SoonerFans.com Elite Member mrowl's Avatar
    vCash

tv = directv

internet = verizon fios (kicks ***)

phone = vonage

vCash

I haven't personally had FIOS TV but based on what I've read, I'd choose that over any other provider if it was available to me. Their prices are extremely good.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Widescreen
    I haven't personally had FIOS TV but based on what I've read, I'd choose that over any other provider if it was available to me. Their prices are extremely good.
    Their prices are good, but it is still VERY buggy, my parents have it, and are not happy. (early user problems)

It should get very good as they work out the bugs though.

vCash

I've been looking at what they have available, so we will probably switch.
    Thanks for the help.
    I am not fond of TW.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Stanley1's Avatar
    vCash

Can I use my TiVo while having cable internet? How will it update? Thats the only thing keeping me from making MAJOR switches to both my cable and internet services.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley1
    Can I use my TiVo while having cable internet? How will it update? Thats the only thing keeping me from making MAJOR switches to both my cable and internet services.
    Call the service you are interested in and ask.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley1
    yes, if its just a tivo. you can plug a wireless adaptor into the back. But it has to be a certain type, check out www.tivocommunity.com

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Not in Dallas, but isn't this part of the Adelphia cable buy up and market readjustment? Part of the sale required, or allowed the two to consolidate markets and to prevent wide geographic splits...

I have TW in Houston and it works my TiVo fine. I set mine up to record the lower 80 channels as it reduced the cabling requirements...

I would use a hard-wired connection to your computer. I plan to do that as they sadi the updates are faster on a wire vs. wireless. Once connected to the net, you can change your recording schedule if you are traveling...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BajaOklahoma
    The Verizon guy just came by wanting us to switch over. He said that Comcast is leaving the Dallas area the end of August. And we will get Time-Werner. Have I just missed out on this notification?

You will not be happy with Time-Warner as their customer service is lacking.

vCash

I've never had a problem with customer service in Houston. Several calls to the house, repaired cable cut (by yours truly) and service call to install high-speed innerweb (which we aren't using yet as we haven't upgraded our computer)...Perhaps it is the region of the country in which you live (as noted by your location)?
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TinCup5150
    You will not be happy with Time-Warner as their customer service is lacking.
    Have you ever dealt with Comcast? There is NO WAY it will be worse than that.
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by colleyvillesooner
    oh grasshopper....grasshopper.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

vCash

We're switching to Verizon fios next month for both TV and internet. I think their combined beat Comcast's combined by about $15 a month, and that is comparing Verizon didgital TV service to Comcast analog (or whatever non-digital would be).

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by colleyvillesooner
    Post of the Year. No wait...Post of the Decade.

Comcast can go hug a nut for all I care.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Howzit
    We're switching to Verizon fios next month for both TV and internet. I think their combined beat Comcast's combined by about $15 a month, and that is comparing Verizon didgital TV service to Comcast analog (or whatever non-digital would be).
    Lucky.

Unless SBC gets bought by Verizon or I move, I'll never be able to get FIOS.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 salth2o's Avatar
    vCash

TW is leaving the Houston market and COMCAST is replacing them. Is there anything positive that can be said about COMCAST?

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=4423119
    You only live once, but if you work it right...once is enough!

vCash

Yikes! Hadn't heard that one...