Dog rabies vaccinations laws in Oklahoma

Didnt they just pass a law in Oklahoma that dogs only have to have a rabies shot every 3 years? I'm asking because my veteranarian here in town just sent me a notice.

I'm concerned about this because my Shih Tzu had a near death experience from a severe allergic reaction to his second rabies shot. The following year he had to be pre medicated with something or another, which totally knocks him out for days. No way can that be a good thing. Its very upsetting to the children and me watching him have to go through this.

vCash

Re: Dog rabies vaccinations laws in Oklahoma

If your pooch is inside or in a fenced yard most of the time, I probably wouldn't worry too much about it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BajaOklahoma's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Dog rabies vaccinations laws in Oklahoma

My understanding is that you give the pups their first dose, follow it a year later with the second dose. The second dose may be the three year vaccine, but you have to give it before the anniversary of the first dose. As in it give it just before the 365 days are up.
    And the cost is said to be the same as giving three doses of the annual vaccine.
    We don't have it here yet, so this is based on what I've read.
    The fans on here are known for their objectivity, fair play, open minded welcoming of others, debating in an upfront, firm, but respectful manner.....TexasLidig8r 11/21/04