Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

A beer drinker is coming over to my place

I'm having company and the mister loves beer. I was told that his favorite is that Fat Tire or is it or Phat Tire? Well anyway, the lady at the liquor store said that I cant get it in Oklahoma. Is that true? I felt I should ask because even though she is very helpful, she has been wrong before about a certain wine I requested.

vCash

Re: A beer drinker is coming over to my place

It's Fat Tire, and it's come from the New Belgium Brewery in Colorado. I'don't know if you can get it in Oklahoma, apperantly y'all have all sorts of arcane booze laws that complicate things.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member IB4OU2's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUSAEmom
    I'm having company and the mister loves beer. I was told that his favorite is that Fat Tire or is it or Phat Tire? Well anyway, the lady at the liquor store said that I cant get it in Oklahoma. Is that true? I felt I should ask because even though she is very helpful, she has been wrong before about a certain wine I requested.
    She's right they don't sell it in Oklahoma...

You can get it in Eureka Springs Arkansas or Fort Collins Colorado.... though.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

load up a 12 pack of strawberry wine coolers. it'll be funny.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by royalfan5
    apperantly y'all have all sorts of arcane laws that complicate everything
    Fixed.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by IB4OU2
    She's right they don't sell it in Oklahoma...

You can get it in Eureka Springs Arkansas or Fort Collins Colorado.... though.
    Can you guys at least get Boulevard?
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

Yes. I know, because thats my sisters favorite. Its pretty tasty.

It's Fat Tire, and it's come from the New Belgium Brewery in Colorado. I'don't know if you can get it in Oklahoma, apperantly y'all have all sorts of arcane booze laws that complicate things.
    I shall write the governor! What should I say?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

if you know someone in the Army or Air Force they might be able to get it at the 7 day or package store at Fort Sill or Tinker. Not sure but might be worth a try.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SoonerInKCMO's Avatar
    vCash

Yep. The problem with Fat Tire is that it only comes with > 3.2% alcohol, New Belgium won't allow it to be sold warm and you can't buy refrigerated, bottled/canned beer in Oklahoma that has greater than 3.2% alcohol.

I think you can get it on tap though. At least in theory. Maybe.
    We have always known that heedless self-interest was bad morals; we know now that it is bad economics. FDR.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Hells yeah! Boulevard Stout RMFO!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMack
    Hells yeah! Boulevard Stout RMFO!
    I've only tried the wheat.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUSAEmom
    I shall write the governor! What should I say?
    Tell his excellency that our arcane beer law is absurd and that if we could buy cold 6.0 beer there would be such an outpouring of love and support for him his re-election would be assured.

And that If he could somehow use his influence to allow the geniuii in the legislature to pass laws allowing the same beer selection in OK as is available in states bordering us he could be elected Emperor of Oklahoma for Life.

It would be a suitable and completely fitting way to celebrate the upcoming Centennial of our statehood.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey
    Tell his excellency that our arcane beer law is absurd and that if we could buy cold 6.0 beer there would be such an outpouring of love and support for him his re-election would be assured.

And that If he could somehow use his influence to allow the geniuii in the legislature to pass laws allowing the same beer selection in OK as is available in states bordering us he could be elected Emperor of Oklahoma for Life.

It would be a suitable and completely fitting way to celebrate the upcoming Centennial of our statehood.
    Exactly! What better way to celebrate the centennial than getting wasted and burning the whole thing down!
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey

Yes, real beer and wine in grocery stores. Is that too much to ask??????????/

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tbl's Avatar
    vCash

Fat Tire is the suck... big time. I was NOT impressed.

vCash

Mom, go buy some Chimay. That'll impress him.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMack
    Mom, go buy some Chimay. That'll impress him.
    Be careful on the Chimay though. Make sure its the red label kind. The blue or almond label are kinda funky.

Or Stella Artois. Trust me on this, I've never turned anyone on to it who didn't like it, male or female.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerInKCMO
    Yep. The problem with Fat Tire is that it only comes with > 3.2% alcohol, New Belgium won't allow it to be sold warm and you can't buy refrigerated, bottled/canned beer in Oklahoma that has greater than 3.2% alcohol.

I think you can get it on tap though. At least in theory. Maybe.
    You can buy warm cases of it at Costco in Houston. 19 bucks.

I'm not sure what the liquor laws are here in OK. I mean, I think I learned them one time, but I forget.

If you want to impress him, go to the liquor store and buy a 9 buck sixpack of Anchor Steam. It's an ale brewed with lager yeast. It's good. Maybe not 9 buck/sixpack good, but it's rare and he'll be impressed.

Its' higher rated than Fat Tire too:
    anchor steam
    fat tire

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

[typical whorn fan]Get some shiner!!! It's the best[typical whorn fan]

Get a couple of sixers- Some Hacker Pshorr Heffe Weizen, and some Harpoon IPA.

Too bad they don't have Saranac down there. Their 12 beers of summer pack RMFO.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Get some Bud Light and pour it in a glass and tell him it's some kind of fancy beer; he'll never know the difference.