Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Today's question

What with all the fireworks stands about the countryside, how come some good'un hasn't taken it upon hisself to sneak out in the middle of the night and set fire to one? I would think that would be in the hillbilly "Must Do Before I'm Through" list of life goals.

discuss.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Partial Qualifier's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Today's question

One year a friend and I were all set to watch a fireworks display at ...whatever that big church thingy is on the SE corner of Council and Wilshire. So these two guys had their truck parked on one side of a pond while the onlookers were on the other side. the truck bed was full of big-*** fireworks and they were taking them out little by little and setting them off (amateurs).

Suddenly the two guys start running, a moment later the fireworks start going off in their truck. I guess some embers settled in there or something. And it didn't stop, it went on for a good 5 minutes. It was craptactular. The truck was toast. We laughed.

The end.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Pricetag's Avatar
    vCash

It's the impossible crime, because you'd have to get caught. It's not like you could just light it and leave.
    La ola es mía.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Fire? What's that?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member slickdawg's Avatar
    vCash

A factory near McComb, MS caught fire one night. Burned to the ground,
    but put on quite a display, so the locals said.

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey
    What with all the fireworks stands about the countryside, how come some good'un hasn't taken it upon hisself to sneak out in the middle of the night and set fire to one? I would think that would be in the hillbilly "Must Do Before I'm Through" list of life goals.

discuss.
    They always have a person spend the night at those things.

2013 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS Osce0la's Avatar
    vCash

I'll do this for you this weekend and post pics later...If the cops start asking questions though I'm going to have to ask that this and my pictures thread be deleted...
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    Besides, a bitch gotta party, yo.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Viking Kitten's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey

discuss.
    Even hillbillies know better than to bite the hand that feeds.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Pricetag's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUSAEmom
    They always have a person spend the night at those things.
    That would make sense. Theft would be much more likely than arson if they were left unattended.
    La ola es mía.

vCash

This is a job for Doleo and a railroad flare. Anybody seen that wiggah lately?
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Melo's Avatar
    vCash

They have firework stands ALL over Katy. My little bro is actually going to work at one a couple nights, and he'll probably make an a$$ load of money. Lucky little bastige. Anyways. Theyre all over, and they suck. I am begining to hate July 4th, not because of the actual holiday, but usually if you want to see some fireworks, you go somewhere to see them. In NO WAY do I like sitting up till 4 in the morning July 4,5 and sometimes 6th listening to fireworks all night.

Same goes for the New Year. Walk outside about 10:30, and the air is so thick with gunpowder. UGH!!

vCash

Anyone familiar with Children's House Fireworks in Muskogee? Well, that igloo shaped building next to it used to be a private montesori school that I went to from preschoo-1st grade. Anywhoo, the school was owned by the same guy (name is Jeff) who owns Children's House and The Castle.

Anyway, they'd let us go over there all the time and we'd run around and play with all of those fireworks and stuff. Probably not too safe but there were never any accidents. This story would have been much better if something did happen, but there ya go.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Octavian's Avatar
    vCash

roman candle fights are fun

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Melo's Avatar
    vCash

I remember my sophomore year of HS, I was walking outside with a friend, and all of a sudden, everything around me was loud and bright. Couldnt see anything. Turns out the idiots right by where we were walking had turned a huge firework on its side and aimed in our direction, obviously not paying attention to the fact that we were WALKING THERE. That was the night I broke one of the joints in my middle toe. Hurt like a beyonce.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

Got too drunk to execute the plan
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Pricetag
    It's the impossible crime, because you'd have to get caught. It's not like you could just light it and leave.
    Yep, setting up a concealed videocam to record the festivities would'nt be the same...plus, no self-respecting hilbilly who pulled it off could possibly keep it a secret. It would be the stuff of family reunion legends for generations.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Angry Re: Today's question

It HAS happened, more than once. At least once, the caper resulted in the death of the poor down-and-outer who was tending the place in return for shelter and low wages.
    While I don't care for public access to f'works, I deplore acts of arson (unless it's Osama's crib.)

LF

vCash

Talking Re: Today's question

Quote Originally Posted by Melo
    They have firework stands ALL over Katy. My little bro is actually going to work at one a couple nights, and he'll probably make an a$$ load of money. Lucky little bastige. Anyways. Theyre all over, and they suck. I am begining to hate July 4th, not because of the actual holiday, but usually if you want to see some fireworks, you go somewhere to see them. In NO WAY do I like sitting up till 4 in the morning July 4,5 and sometimes 6th listening to fireworks all night.

Same goes for the New Year. Walk outside about 10:30, and the air is so thick with gunpowder. UGH!!
    Why do you hate America?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Hatfield's Avatar
    vCash

here is a fireworks factory exploding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ5GW...ry%20exploding
    In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian
    roman candle fights are fun
    Not as much as bottle rocket fights.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.