Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Fat Jihad updates?

My 2006 Fat Jihad is not going as planned. I began at 204 and got down to 190 in March, then backslid all the way to yesterday when I tipped in at 200 again.

So, I ran like mutha last night to try to begin the fat jihad again...180 or bust!
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Fat Jihad updates?

Now that I'm not leaving town any time soon, I can finally get back into a gym routine. I'm eating a lot better than I used to, and that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SoonerInKCMO's Avatar
    vCash

I was down to 174.5 this morning (from 190ish back in January) but had a chili dog, Rice Krispy treat and brownie for lunch. I might start training for the Turkey Trot 8k in OKC - maybe a concrete goal will help motivate me to get past this plateau (I've been between 174 and 179 for about two months).
    We have always known that heedless self-interest was bad morals; we know now that it is bad economics. FDR.

vCash

I've backslid too, mostly due to moving near two dairy queens. Damn you Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Blizzards. Also Night classes have cut down on my cooking and increased my fast food intake.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Beef's Avatar
    vCash

Down to 217 from 240 in April.
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean
    Him being a ****ing tard does. You don't smack down your mongoloid cousin when he spits taters across the table.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Beef's Avatar
    vCash

Oh...and no cigs since April 19.
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean
    Him being a ****ing tard does. You don't smack down your mongoloid cousin when he spits taters across the table.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

Beef that's awesome. Keep it up, man! You give hope to all us lard-butts.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

205ish down to 190ish.....and then back to about 200. but, due to my weekly schedule changing i lost my early AM swimming routine (unless i was in the pool around 6:15). but i've been solid back to the pool the last 3 weeks or so (not at 6:15)....4x a week. I feel good....but would like to be back around 190-185.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

I've been eating and lifting, and eating, and well, more eating than lifting. I'm focusing more on body fat % (around 19%) than my weight, which is 230 right now. I am eating leaner and kicking up the cardio the rest of the summer, would like to get to 10-12% body fat.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Fugue's Avatar
    vCash

still fat

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SoonerInKCMO's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by gdc
    I've been eating and lifting, and eating, and well, more eating than lifting. I'm focusing more on body fat % (around 19%) than my weight, which is 230 right now. I am eating leaner and kicking up the cardio the rest of the summer, would like to get to 10-12% body fat.
    What method do you use to get your body fat measured? I have an electronic scale but I don't know how accurate those are... the people at the gym don't look like they know much about the calipers. Have you seen www.mybodycomp.com?
    We have always known that heedless self-interest was bad morals; we know now that it is bad economics. FDR.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerInKCMO
    What method do you use to get your body fat measured? I have an electronic scale but I don't know how accurate those are... the people at the gym don't look like they know much about the calipers. Have you seen www.mybodycomp.com?
    I went to mybodycomp.com, registered, and it said my ideal weight is 170.2 lbs. Friggin' 170.2? Dude! I'd have to go on a strict water and celery diet for a month to put 170.2!

http://www.fittogether.net/profile.aspx?id=102163

No way, man...180's the goal. I don't want to be fat, but I also don't want to be skinny.
    Last edited by Tear Down This Wall; 6/28/2006 at 03:38 PM.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerInKCMO

We use calipers. The most accurate way is the submergence method but it doesn't matter as long as you are consistent and are more concerned with the difference and not the actual %.

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

Still not to my goal, I've levelled off at 204. I want to lose 8 pounds before my final birthday to take place in my thirties. Ugh.
    I have a little under a month to go. The bad news is, no more working from home where I can monitor what I'm eating. NOTHING is worse than being on a diet and ordering lunch in NYC on a daily basis!
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

Down from 216 to 193 since February. Still trying for the old playin' weight of 180, but it's getting tougher!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OhU1's Avatar
    vCash

Down 22 from New Years. Almost all of it since April 1st. Sunday through Thursday 2000 cals. Friday and Saturday plenty of beer and other goodies. Saturday (before beer) climb the Energy Center Building stairs 5 times without stopping.
    "Democracy without respect for individual rights sucks. It's just ganging up against the weird kid, and I'm always the weird kid.."
    Penn Jillette