Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Cindy Sheehan and patriotism...

Maybe this is what the Dixie Chics mean about being patriotic?

FORT ERIE, Ont. (AP) - A group of American military deserters publicly embraced their new lives in Canada on Saturday with the support of "peace mom" Cindy Sheehan, who said she wished the son she lost in Iraq was among them.

"I begged him not to go to Iraq," the anti-war activist said through tears at a rally in support of the former soldiers, who wore black T-shirts emblazoned with "AWOL." "And I wish he was standing up here with these people because he didn't want to go."

Sheehan was making her second visit to Canada in support of sanctuary for those fleeing the U.S. military.
    http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2...638760-ap.html

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Re: Cindy Sheehan and patriotism...

I generally oppose capital punishment, but in these cowards' case, I could support firing squads. Especially if amputee vets got to be on the firing details.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey
    I generally oppose capital punishment, but in these cowards' case, I could support firing squads. Especially if amputee vets got to be on the firing details.
    Put Ms Cindy in there to absorb some lead as well.
    posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BeetDigger's Avatar
    vCash

So, they sign up to join the military, but when they ACTULLY have to go fight, then they run.

I guess they signed up the the one weekend a month and two weeks in the summer plan.

Whoever the next President is, I hope that he doesn't follow the Carter plan and pardon them. Let them stay in Canada forever.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BeetDigger
    So, they sign up to join the military, but when they ACTULLY have to go fight, then they run.

I guess they signed up the the one weekend a month and two weeks in the summer plan.
    You are an ignorant FUKK, over 25% of fatalities/casualties in Iraq are being borne by Reservists/Guardsman...so before you write stupid dribble realize what you are saying/implying ***-hole
    I'M A RULE BREAKER!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by NYSooner1355
    You are an ignorant FUKK, over 25% of fatalities/casualties in Iraq are being borne by Reservists/Guardsman...so before you write stupid dribble realize what you are saying/implying ***-hole
    Lighten up Francis.

I bet he didn't mean nothing by it. We all know some folks join the regulars and the reserve components thinking they'll never have to deploy overseas. I have a dumarse cousin who joined the Navy then went AWOL when he found out he was being assigned to a ship after boot camp and tech training.

Anyhoo, these guys who bailed for Canada are wussies and oxygen wasters. They don't deserve to live IMHO. The good news is while they live, they'll be contaminating the Canadian gene pool and not "The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave."
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jimminy Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Is that ho not dead yet?

vCash

chill
    I'm sure he realizes the sacrifices our reserves/guard have made, I don't think he meant it, they way you took it.

vCash

You're missing his point. Whether active service, Reserve or Guard, anyone with an IQ approaching average knows that if you are in the military, you CAN BE required to fight our nation's wars...very hazardous duty, indeed.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jimminy Crimson
    Is that ho not dead yet?
    No, but I bet her brave son is spinning in his grave like an M-1A1 tank crankshaft at full throttle.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by william favor
    You're missing his point. Whether active service, Reserve or Guard, anyone with an IQ approaching average knows that if you are in the military, you CAN BE required to fight our nation's wars...very hazardous duty, indeed.
    I didn't miss his point, and yes maybe I am being too sensitive, but his point was basically that todays reservists/guardsman are the same as the Vietnam-era ones that used favors to get in to get out of serving in Vietnam (and yes I know reservists/guardsman served there - but nowhere to the extent they are serving in this war and the first gulf war)
    I'M A RULE BREAKER!

vCash

I didn't miss his point, and yes maybe I am being too sensitive, but his point was basically that todays reservists/guardsman are the same as the Vietnam-era ones that used favors to get in to get out of serving in Vietnam (and yes I know reservists/guardsman served there - but nowhere to the extent they are serving in this war and the first gulf war)
    Without double checking, I thought his point was that everyone who's in the military in any capacity has volunteered to be potentially placed in harm's way. Anyway, that's my point... OK, I looked up the Beet Digger post you commented on. I don't necessarily think he was comparing Iraq and Vietnam-just a comment on the boneheads who go AWOL today.
    Last edited by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!; 6/18/2006 at 12:36 PM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 85Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

So let me get this straight. The ones who served during vietnam are not as brave as the ones who searve now, is that your point?

and by favors, do you mean that all the men who decided to go to college to avoid the draft? Or are you speaking politically.
    OBAMA= One Big A** Mistake America!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 85Sooner
    So let me get this straight. The ones who served during vietnam are not as brave as the ones who searve now, is that your point?
    yes, to the extent that we are talking about ones that got deferments in the guard to avoid serving over there - in fact there is a guy in my unit now that basically did that, and has stated so (which disgusted me) and has stated recently that if we get activated he will pack it in (he has his 20 years)...so yes those that join just to get a pension and not want to serve when expected to serve are not as brave as those that have gone when told to go
    I'M A RULE BREAKER!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by william favor
    Without double checking, I thought his point was that everyone who's in the military in any capacity has volunteered to be potentially placed in harm's way. Any way, that's my point.
    re-read his second sentence...he said maybe they signed up for one weekend a month/two weeks in summer plan - that historically is the knock on reservists...so automatically the deserters in Tuba's original post are reservists in his (BeetDigger) mind, because only reservists would desert when activated to fight a war

edit: I took out a sentence that was unnecessary, I apologize Favor
    Last edited by NYSooner1355; 6/18/2006 at 12:43 PM.
    I'M A RULE BREAKER!

vCash

Desertion is cowardice. If you're going to refuse to go, at least have the sack to face the court martial.

Even if the reason you refuse to go is because you're a coward, there is, imo, some redeeming factor in taking the consequences like a man, instead of turning tail and running.

vCash

To recap: Anyone who puts his right hand up and signs the enlistment paperwork is saying "Here I Am, Send Me."

Regular or Reserve. Doesn't make a darn bit of difference to me now, and it didn't when I was in.

Sure, there are scammers. Always have been, always will be. Google "bounty jumpers" during the Civil War: guys signed up, got their cash bonus and split. Then, did it again in a different town. Some guys did it a couple dozen times.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Vaevictis
    Desertion is cowardice. If you're going to refuse to go, at least have the sack to face the court martial.
    dang straight!

vCash

re-read his second sentence, maybe the comprehension you sorely lack will set in...he said maybe they signed up for one weekend a month/two weeks in summer plan - that historically is the knock on reservists...so automatically the deserters in Tuba's original post are reservists in his (BeetDigger) mind, because only reservists would desert when activated to fight a war
    See my last (edited) post above. I think we're all in agreement that some people are weenies about their military service committment, and that some, esp. during Vietnam, endeavored to do legal things, including pulling strings, in order to not have to go fight in Vietnam. you don't have to be so darn hostile.(esp. since we are all probably on the same page, though maybe reading different paragraphs)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Stanley1's Avatar
    vCash

Way to miss the point.