Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

campaigning in 100+ degree heat is the

SUCK

spent most of yesterday walking door to door in Hennessey, helping my aunt campaign for re-election in Kingfisher county......

jeebus it was hot

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: campaigning in 100+ degree heat is the

I'm sure this doesn't apply to your aunt, but politicians should get used to the heat. Where most of 'em are eventually going, it's gonna be a real scorcher.

your right, it doesnt apply......she's a judge

Hillbilly Queen

vCash

I'm sure she appreciates your efforts, jk...

But if she doesn't, then throw the nasty-a$$, sweaty, grody shirt you wore yesterday at her nose.

vCash

When is the election? Cause I'd be ticked if I was out in that heat for a November election.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

I put up a yard sign in my yard for a d00d who is running against our moronic incumbent DA in Tulsa. Then I went back inside.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

the primary vote is july 25th, if she carries 50% plus 1, she wins, and wont have to worry about november.......if she doesnt, then the top 2 go to the november election

You should change the title of this thread to "complaining in the 100+ degree heat is the"

rimshot.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 noleamite's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OCUDad
    I'm sure this doesn't apply to your aunt, but politicians should get used to the heat. Where most of 'em are eventually going, it's gonna be a real scorcher.

lol

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Hang around the pool . I bet there are alot of young mothers there needing guidence.On how to vote.And you can practice judging people.

i will say this, its amazing how many guys will answer the door shirtless to a total stranger

just seemed funny to me

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey
    I put up a yard sign in my yard for a d00d who is running against our moronic incumbent DA in Tulsa. Then I went back inside.
    You're not talking about Tim Harris are you?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    SUCK

spent most of yesterday walking door to door in Hennessey, helping my aunt campaign for re-election in Kingfisher county......

jeebus it was hot
    You have my sympathies. I think back on all the towns, neighborhoods, and streets that I've block walked for various campaigns. Almost every day after clas and 11am to sundown on weekends.

I still do a little bit of it, but thankfully now I've been upgraded to work that doesn't involve sweating my *** off outside in 100 degree heat. I'd still do it if I were needed to, but generally there are other things for me to focus on.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

your right, it doesnt apply......she's a judge
    no there's a special level of hell reserved for judges

it's the one where they are stuck with lawyers 24/7
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Octavian's Avatar
    vCash

its amazing how many guys will answer the door shirtless to a total stranger
    women should follow our lead

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jacru's Avatar
    vCash

"If you can't stand the heat... "
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm achieving "old fart" status. I'm not quite old enough yet, but I got the fart part nailed.

vCash

I was block walking this gated retired community in Georgetown, Tx (between Austin and Waco) called "Sun City." This place is geriatric heaven. No kids and they have all of their own EVERYTHING. Everyone drives around this gated town in their golf carts where the men spend their day golfing and the women do whatever it is that women do.

Anyway, this place is also like 97% registered Republican and they all vote in EVERY election. It's like a gold mine of primary voters, but getting in can be tricky. So I'm block walking and I reach this one house with the door open but the screen shut and locked. I ring the door bell and this woman with a walker wheeling an oxygen tank behind her is coming to the door. She doesn't really look up until she gets there and she looks at me and SCREAMS, "OMG PLEASE LEAVE PLEASE LEAVE." She then turns around and literally runs at a good clip to get away from me.

I have no clue what scared her. I was clean cut, dressed in slacks, and had a tucked in polo shirt. I wasn't exactly Satan's minion.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Octavian's Avatar
    vCash

Truman Democrats are good people like that

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Melo's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor
    I was block walking this gated retired community in Georgetown, Tx (between Austin and Waco) called "Sun City." This place is geriatric heaven. No kids and they have all of their own EVERYTHING. Everyone drives around this gated town in their golf carts where the men spend their day golfing and the women do whatever it is that women do.

Anyway, this place is also like 97% registered Republican and they all vote in EVERY election. It's like a gold mine of primary voters, but getting in can be tricky. So I'm block walking and I reach this one house with the door open but the screen shut and locked. I ring the door bell and this woman with a walker wheeling an oxygen tank behind her is coming to the door. She doesn't really look up until she gets there and she looks at me and SCREAMS, "OMG PLEASE LEAVE PLEASE LEAVE." She then turns around and literally runs at a good clip to get away from me.

I have no clue what scared her. I was clean cut, dressed in slacks, and had a tucked in polo shirt. I wasn't exactly Satan's minion.

Heh. Ive been there. Good ol G-Town.

Anyways. Easiest way to get in? Take your grandpa.

vCash

i will say this, its amazing how many guys will answer the door shirtless to a total stranger

just seemed funny to me

what's wrong with answering the door shirtless?
    Whenever a boy comes you should always have something baking.