SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

F'n hillbilly bombs killed raghead

Oklahoma workers learn their bombs killed terrorist

By Chad Previch
    The Oklahoman

McALESTER - The two green 500-pound bombs that killed Iraq's most-feared terrorist leader, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, were made at the McAlester Army Ammunition Plant, a spokesman for the plant said Friday.
    The news made employees there proud.
    "We want to make the best munitions possible and help our war fighters and hopefully bring them home safely really soon," said Carol Honeywell, 58, who started making bombs at the plant after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. "It's an honor to do something to help my country, and I feel like that is helping my country."
    There are about 1,300 employees who work at McAlester, plant spokesman Mark Hughes said. The bombs used to kill al-Zarqawi could be up to 30 years old.
    "We are the premiere bomb maker for the Department of Defense," Hughes said.
    Tips from within al-Zarqawi's own terrorist network helped the United States find and bomb a safe house where the al-Qaida leader was meeting in secret with top associates, American military officials said. The $25 million bounty on al-Zarqawi's head is expected to be honored.
    Al-Zarqawi was killed after an intense two-week hunt that U.S. officials said first led to the terrorist leader's spiritual adviser and then to him.
    Two U.S. F-16s dropped a laser-guided GBU-12 and a satellite-guided GBU-38 bomb, according to U.S. Air Force Lt. Gen. Gary L. North, commander of U.S. and coalition air operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. Hughes said those are both 500-pound bombs.
    The McAlester plant fills shells from Texas with 250 pounds of explosives before sending them elsewhere to be fitted with a guidance system. Contributing: The Associated Press
    You Go Okies!
    posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Re: F'n hillbilly bombs killed raghead

May God bless those McAlester ordnance workers. Their "martial arts" are quite effective in annihilating evil-doers. Git-R-Done!
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

vCash

Heh . My sister worked there for years , Then got transferred to Indiana
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Tailwind's Avatar
    vCash

Way to go MacAlester dudes!
    " A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

Olevet Posse Member

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 bigdsooner's Avatar
    vCash

sweet

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Am I the only one disturbed by the fact that they're releasing personal information on the guys who created the bomb that just killed a terrorist bigwig...?

Terrorists aren't known for their ability to "let things slide..." Ya know?

the_ouskull
    Skull=the most underrated poster in SoonerFans.com history. -- gdc, 09/05

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

My staff is getting tired of me making them read your posts. -- birddog, 10/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by the_ouskull
    Am I the only one disturbed by the fact that they're releasing personal information on the guys who created the bomb that just killed a terrorist bigwig...?

Terrorists aren't known for their ability to "let things slide..." Ya know?

the_ouskull
    good point. if I ever have to beat down a career criminal. I don't want a story in the local paper posted about me and my whereabouts.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

way to contribute to the effort.Thanks