Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member BeetDigger's Avatar
    vCash

Hot For Teacher, Part 3,274

And yet, another one. Given that the guy was 18, she probably felt that it was ok.

Miss Texas Contestant

Student alleges sex with teacher
    Lewisville ISD: Former Miss Texas contestant faces felony charge

11:01 PM CDT on Thursday, June 1, 2006
    By BRANDON FORMBY / The Dallas Morning News

A first-year Hebron High School teacher and former Miss Texas contestant faces up to 20 years in jail after an 18-year-old student told police he had sex with the 25-year-old woman several times at her apartment in Austin Ranch.

Amy McElhenney, who taught Spanish and was a cross-country coach at the Lewisville ISD school in Carrollton, is charged with having an improper relationship with a student, a second-degree felony. She was arrested on May 25, the last day of school, posted $5,000 bail and was released.

Amy McElhenney Ms. McElhenney could not be reached for comment. The student's identity was not released.

According to an arrest warrant affidavit, another student sent an anonymous note last month to Hebron's resource police officer that indicated Ms. McElhenney's cellphone contained "intimate" text messages to and from the 18-year-old.

When police interviewed Ms. McElhenney at the school, she allowed them to view the text messages.

"Messages that were on there led us to believe there was a little bit more going on between the teacher and this student," said Carrollton police Sgt. David Sponhour.

In an affidavit, a Carrollton police officer said the messages "constitute a flirtatious and endearing relationship" between Ms. McElhenney and the student.

While Ms. McElhenney denied having a physical or sexual relationship with the teen, she told police she felt their relationship was inappropriate, police said.

When interviewed at home, however, the student gave police a written statement in which he said he and Ms. McElhenney had sex on "numerous occasions" at her apartment. He told police their alleged relationship began in February.

Ms. McElhenney was charged under a law that outlaws sexual relationships between educators and students even if the sex is consensual and the student is of legal age.

In Texas, the age of consent is 17.

Proponents of the law have said it sends the message that even older teenagers should not be considered capable of consenting to sex with a teacher, especially since educators have power over their students.

Others, however, have said that while the law's intent may be good, it should contain different provisions for different ages and distinguish between students who do and don't consent.

The law took effect Sept. 1, 2003. Between then and the end of 2005, five Texas teachers were convicted and sent to prison under the law.

Three Garland school district teachers were arrested under the law in 2005 and accused of having sexual relationships with students. One also was charged with two counts of indecency with a child because the student was underage.

The Lewisville school district placed Ms. McElhenney on paid administrative leave May 11.

In March she turned in a resignation form that went into effect May 25.

Officials said she indicated she was not returning to Hebron because she was taking a teaching position in another district, though they were unclear on what district that is.

School officials said they alerted the state certification board of the investigation and her arrest.

Ms. McElhenney was scheduled to teach a Spanish course at a summer camp program in Corsicana, where she was hired as a contract employee after being selected to teach the course for 7- to 12-year-olds by the Navarro Council of the Arts.

"In light of the information, we'll either find another instructor or cancel the program," said Connie Standridge, Corsicana's city manager.

According to the Miss Texas Web site, Ms. McElhenney competed in the scholarship pageant in 2002 as Miss Bexar County when she was a student at the University of Texas at Austin.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member IronSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Hot For Teacher, Part 3,274

Obligatory "Why didn't that happen to me when I was in HS/We didn't have hot teachers that put out when I was in HS" comment.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TFA
    ...was a student at the University of Texas at Austin.
    Well, that explains everything, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member mrowl's Avatar
    vCash

this story just proves how stupid teenage boys are.....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member slickdawg's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by IronSooner
    Obligatory "Why didn't that happen to me when I was in HS/We didn't have hot teachers that put out when I was in HS" comment.
    no s**t!

Ready for Baseball Season tulsaoilerfan's Avatar
    vCash

So in Texas a teacher can't boink their students even if the student is of age? Doesn't that strike anyone else as kinda odd? Not saying it's okay, just seems odd to me

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mrowl
    She looks like Miss Yvonne.

(Spek if you know the movie)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    this story just proves how stupid teenage boys are.....
    I don't see how the teenage boy loses out of this, he got laid, with an attractive teacher, and she won't be able to go all psycho on him from prison. He's not going to jail, and probably picked up some valuable experience.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

Hillbilly Queen

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mjcpr
    She looks like Miss Yvonne.

(Spek if you know the movie)
    I love Pee Wee.

Now spek me.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member slickdawg's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeSoonerGirl
    I love Pee Wee.

Now spek me.

k1nky

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by slickdawg
    k1nky
    She just calls it that like somebody might call a big, burly guy "Tiny".

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jimminy Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mrowl
    Dude, she's 14!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

sooo, it was the text messages that took her down. See what can happen when you type or write stuff?
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey
    sooo, it was the text messages that took her down. See what can happen when you type or write stuff?
    I think it was the Budweiser but you could be right.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I had sex with a teacher several times in high school but she never found out.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey
    no, i think that was the student

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

In Texas, the age of consent is 7.
    If it be yer cuzin
    posse member

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by royalfan5
    I don't see how the teenage boy loses out of this, he got laid, with an attractive teacher, and she won't be able to go all psycho on him from prison. He's not going to jail, and probably picked up some valuable experience.
    yeah, she was probably starting to get all clingy and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by royalfan5
    dont be so simple in your thoughts

lay the hot teacher once...great

keep your mouth SHUT, lay the hot teacher repeatedly