Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I said Biiiiiiiitch-- goingoneight's Avatar
    vCash

Brent Rhomar likes and dislikes...

We're gonna beat a dead horse here, people.

Some just love to blame shoddy performance on a single player, and while he's made some mistakes (damn humans!) I think you could probably put him up as the 2005 OU offensive MVP. He always stayed calm when down, carried a team on his back when AD was 'down for tha count.' Some were just spoiled by a near-perfect Heisman winner in 2003 and 2004, I think provided he's healthy, all Bomar needs is to fine tune his already blooming skills.

1. He has a nice quick release, but on the run, he needs to focus on which foot is where, and when to plant and lauch. Easy stuff. He did worlds better in just one quarter at UCLA.

2. Not every shot needs to be a fastball, a lot of pitcher/quarterback guys make this mistake. Bomar officially off the mound and under center for four games without a superstar RB last season gave him a nice touch on the ball.

3. He's really fast, and makes great play-fakes, but that dude just runs goofy. When he becomes a little more confident in Wilson's offense, he'll be able to stand a little taller and not hunch into a fall. When you run with a slight bend at the knees, you protect yourself and the ball. You also become more readily available to cut and juke. Yes... white guys can do this. Jason White was freakin' great at it in 2001.

I'd say that's pretty damn good for a first year starter. That kinda stuff is EASILY corrected in fall reps. I look forward to Bomar's Sophomore/Junior season! What do you guys think?
    "One has to wonder about the structural integrity of the Vintage Cotton Bowl the last 14 years. There's been a lot of weight on that Oklahoma side."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Brent Rhomar likes and dislikes...

dude, his brother Brent plays at Refugio Creek Community College.

vCash

Or was it Bromar?
    "One has to wonder about the structural integrity of the Vintage Cotton Bowl the last 14 years. There's been a lot of weight on that Oklahoma side."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Stop taking linebackers and safeties head on is the first thing he needs to correct, but if he does take them on, knock them on their arse!!! He had average footwork from what ive heard around the boards and radio but that can be improved, he does throw too hard at times, and accuracy on deep balls which he will figure out now that the game is slowing down for him. If he plays this year like he did the last 7 games of last year, we will be fine. The #1 thing I Love about the guy is his fire and the way he played so calm and cool downt he stretch in the Holiday Bowl, Nebraska, and Texas Tech games which were all on the road...alot of talented qb's cant succeed on the road, especially in close games
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Jello Biafra's Avatar
    vCash

you guys will think im crazy but, I think the kid is alot like my "other" favorite qb of all-time......

jim Mcmahon.........attitude, movement, confidence etc..... lets keep our fingers crossed. that guy was pretty good i think.
    Ole Vet Posse SGT-AT-ARMS.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

i culda swore it was Rent Rhomar.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BASSooner's Avatar
    vCash

or maybe it was Brett Rorroar

Sooner Benchwarmer TheLadiesMike's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by goingoneight
    3. He's really fast, and makes great play-fakes, but that dude just runs goofy. When he becomes a little more confident in Wilson's offense, he'll be able to stand a little taller and not hunch into a fall. When you run with a slight bend at the knees, you protect yourself and the ball. You also become more readily available to cut and juke. Yes... white guys can do this. Jason White was freakin' great at it in 2001.
    My friend liked to say Rhett Bomar runs like he just stole something and is being chased.
    Destiny rides again.

vCash

Re: Brett Rhomar likes and dislikes...

Or is Rorry Brettmar?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Collier11
    Stop taking linebackers and safeties head on is the first thing he needs to correct, but if he does take them on, knock them on their arse!!! He had average footwork from what ive heard around the boards and radio but that can be improved, he does throw too hard at times, and accuracy on deep balls which he will figure out now that the game is slowing down for him. If he plays this year like he did the last 7 games of last year, we will be fine. The #1 thing I Love about the guy is his fire and the way he played so calm and cool downt he stretch in the Holiday Bowl, Nebraska, and Texas Tech games which were all on the road...alot of talented qb's cant succeed on the road, especially in close games
    i was more impressed with him at the end of the Tech game than the others mentioned... he really did all he was supposed to do

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheLadiesMike
    My friend liked to say Rhett Bomar runs like he just stole something and is being chased.
    EXACTLY!!! It's like he runs and it sort of evolves from special olympics into a trip and fall! He doesn't do that in warmups and practices, so maybe it's just gameday jitters. I really hope he learns to run like Heupel, White and Hybl did. Those guys knew how to cut between double coverage. JW just had a little problem with not watching his feet under pressure, therefore he injured two knees and an ankle along his ride.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash

I heard Chris Spielman talk about this Romar kid. He sounds good.

BTW, I think he's got pretty good wheels.
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.

vCash

No dispute that the guy can move fast, it's just... His style can be slightly tweeked and he'd be running for TDs all the freakin' time.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by goingoneight
    EXACTLY!!! It's like he runs and it sort of evolves from special olympics into a trip and fall! He doesn't do that in warmups and practices, so maybe it's just gameday jitters. I really hope he learns to run like Heupel, White and Hybl did. Those guys knew how to cut between double coverage. JW just had a little problem with not watching his feet under pressure, therefore he injured two knees and an ankle along his ride.

Sorry, I dont want him running like white and heupel, both tore acl's in their careers and hybl got hit more than any qb ive ever seen. Bomar can run, sometimes when he takes off his wheels kinda spin but the thing that he has that is impressive is that he is really fluid in his hips, he dont run like a qb or te, more like a running back
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

all right: nobody's said it yet: center exchange fumbles.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

how about Rahmonce Bromar?

vCash

[stupid aggie] how about brett boner? hur-hur, hur-hur [stupid aggie]

vCash

Know what I likes the best?

He's not injured or inexperienced anymore... so we'll be able to see if he takes off or falls off. If he takes off by game three, good. If he doesn't advance his game a little and still fumbles and stumbles... Oh... lordy!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by King Crimson
    all right: nobody's said it yet: center exchange fumbles.
    Seriously. He was a freshman and had 3 different centers. The center has to get it right too. I used to be a center. There is a lot of finesse and timing involved before you go to hack at the D line/linebacker's knees.

He'll be fine. He's got far more snaps than last year. Most of his wackiness was in the first few games. Remember, he wasn't even the starting QB!!!
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

he's a dayum drunk