Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Is Danika Patrick the Anna Kournikova of Indy car racing?

IOW, hawt...but unable to win?
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

vCash

Re: Is Danika Patrick the Anna Kournikova of Indy car racing?

She's kinda' semi-hot, but, I get the impression that she might be the kind that would pass gass and belch a lot to fit in with da' boyz...She's still young to put in that category as far as racing is considered.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

She's won, but just not at Indy.

I'd be hard pressed to find any tournament victories AK ever won. Anna was just fun to look at.

Heh. I said hard-pressed.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

well Anna won some doubles tournaments...granted for most of that time her partner was Martina Hingis...but still.

I'd compare Patrick to Michelle Wie in terms of winning...gets close at times and has a lot of hype.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Do you guys share my impression that if she were decidedly "un-hawt" no one would be making a fuss over her, notwithstanding breaking down the racing "gender-barrier" and all that fem stuff.

Oh, I almost forgot. She called down lightening from the Car Racing Olympus in the lead-up to the race. Richard Petty was quoted this week as saying words to the effect, "She's cute and all but racing is no place for girls." To which Patrick retorted thru reporters "Who is Richard Petty?" I reckon that was good for major bad mojo from NASCAR types all over the country.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey
    Do you guys share my impression that if she were decidedly "un-hawt" no one would be making a fuss over her, notwithstanding breaking down the racing "gender-barrier" and all that fem stuff.

Oh, I almost forgot. She called down lightening from the Car Racing Olympus in the lead-up to the race. Richard Petty was quoted this week as saying words to the effect, "She's cute and all but racing is no place for girls." To which Patrick retorted thru reporters "Who is Richard Petty?" I reckon that was good for major bad mojo from NASCAR types all over the country.
    yeah what she said is out of context in your post
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Gandalf_The_Grey's Avatar
    vCash

Well comparing a Top 10 driver with Anna seems a little rough

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Newbomb Turk's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf_The_Grey
    Well comparing a Top 10 driver with Anna seems a little rough
    Anna broke the top 10 in singles at one time, and was part of the #1 doubles team.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SoonerInKCMO's Avatar
    vCash

Including other top-level racing circuits, Patrick is nowhere near top 10. Kournikova was in fact ranked in the top 10 for parts of her career.
    We have always known that heedless self-interest was bad morals; we know now that it is bad economics. FDR.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Newbomb Turk's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerInKCMO
    Including other top-level racing circuits, Patrick is nowhere near top 10. Kournikova was in fact ranked in the top 10 for parts of her career.
    I agree.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SoonerInKCMO's Avatar
    vCash

Heh. I was too slow with my typing.
    We have always known that heedless self-interest was bad morals; we know now that it is bad economics. FDR.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member VeeJay's Avatar
    vCash

I think what Richard was probably referring to was the ability to crawl under a car with a wrench and adjust something. You don't see drivers doing that any more - especially in Indy.

He's also probably referring to the ability to defend oneself when a bumping incident occurs and an Allison is coming after you with an Alabama ***-kickin' posse.

Of course, an "incident" in Indy at speeds of 220 mph means disintegrating fiberglass, methanol fires and instant death, so maybe he gets a pass on the way it used to be.
    Posse resident guru on police brutality, Lady Gaga and lawnmower repair parts

vCash

AK was losing to girls though, DP is competing against guys

vCash

Patrick is in a class of her own. She'll get right up in your grill.

http://www.media-online.ru/graphics/...ka_patrick.jpg

vCash

Enjoy your vacation.

vCash

I am just saying that for most of her career, Anna has been considered a joke. Danica races with one of the best teams, and she is competitive with the Castroneves, Hornish's, and other Top 10 drivers and to think she is still very inexperienced bodes well that better times are before her. The last 2 Indy 500's I have thought the whole race that Danica could have possibly pulled it out, I can't ever remember thinking, Anna has this tournament by the balls. The Suns dancers are effin hott btw

party pooper
    vCash

The thing that seperates Danica from AK, IMHO, is that she seems to be much more focused on her sport and considers the money she makes from endorsments to be gravy. Once AK got high enough in tennis to garner international attention, she seemed to not care so much about tennis....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom
    AK was losing to girls though, DP is competing against guys

We probably shouldn't use acronyms on this one.

Just sayin'.
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

vCash

I'll car about Danica Patrick when she steps in up and tries to run the week in/week out grind that is NASCAR, instead of the once month IRL races with small fields and no talent pipeline.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

vCash

comparing NASCAR ot IRL is like comparing apples and oranges. IRL is more dangerous, they travel faster. The IRL obviously have more knowledge of road type and drafting type courses. Look at the IRL alumns in NASCAR...Stewart, Gordon, Andretti, etc. They all tend to have better skills at road courses and they tend to draft well. NASCAR is a huge grind, but it probably isn't as hard as you think....i mean look at Schrader, Stewart, Gordon...it almost seems like they are racing somewhere every nite of the week. Also, I think that NASCAR would give their right and left testicle if they could get Danica with a good team like Roush or Hendricks....