Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Question Conference Tourney

did Oklahoma make it to the tourney this year?? how are ya'll in Baseball?? ... my Gamecocks have fallen from 1st in the country to out of the top 25 ... we play this morning at 10 (that's central time) ... it'll be 11 my time ... GO ... and ... i think it's ... BOOMER SOONER (maybe) ... whatever ya'lls thing is ... go that too ... haha ... how's this instead ... GO

SoonerFans.com Elite Member AllAboutThe'O''s Avatar
    There she is, and I hope she's living where I is.
    vCash

Re: Conference Tourney

Well, we haven't dropped as far as you guys have, but we're sinking. With our loss to Kansas tonight, that just might cost us a home regional, unless we can win our next two games and get help to make it to Sunday's final.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

One thing I don't like about this format is the that if you lose it's out of your hands from there. In tourney play it should always be in your control. If you win you win and if you lose you lose, but to have to have other teams win for you to stay alive is just not right. To me, this format has a lot of problems. I see the positives, but overall it just doesn't work for me.

vCash

O, that avatar is the only thing that can come close to Rachel Nichols. 2 for 2.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KaiserSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Speaking of needing help, apparently Missouri is up against OSU 4-3 in the 7th right now. Hopefully the Tigers can hold.

vCash

4-4 in the top of the 8th now.

You can stand on it SeattleOUstudent's Avatar
    vCash

5-4 Mizz so far in the 9th.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by AustinTXHorn
    O, that avatar is the only thing that can come close to Rachel Nichols. 2 for 2.
    If I could give up Rachel Nichols for my avatar, albeit temporarily, it better be a good one. Glad to see you approve.

vCash

On to the bottom of the 9th with Mizzou leading 9-4

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleOUstudent
    On to the bottom of the 9th with Mizzou leading 9-4
    The way things are going, the long-awaited much-anticipated OU-OSU rematch could be nothing more than just playing for pride.

vCash

Mmmm....I think MU and KU will pick up some losses before OU-OSU. If thats the case, we own series against both those teams....then that means OU-OSU holds some real importance (winner plays for championship). And I know a certain team playing with a chip on their shoulder from last OU-OSU....but I aint tellin.

vCash

OSU loses. I laugh.

vCash

why the f*&% did we start PJ tonight. Im absolutely livid right now. Not only did we look past kansas but we conceded the freakin championship. If we do get some help and win the next two than we still have to pitch PJ in the championship game. Ive been thinking about this since I found out at game time at 5 and have came across no good reason.
    What are the only two words in the english dictionary that are better together than free beer?

TOUCHDOWN OKLAHOMA

vCash

Missouri is certainly making a late push. A week ago today, they were 26-24 with no quality wins. Then they swept Texas and beat Oklahoma State by four. I have a feeling that they just might win the thing.

I assume OU throws McCutchen against Scherzer on Friday. I can't wait to see that one.

vCash

My only point is that every team going into a tourney of this format has to plan on being in the championship game on sunday. Also the reason that the did this format and set it up where everyone plays three games in four days is so you can have you ace during the championship game, if of course you pitch him on wed. It just really looks like to me that we set this rotation up to make sure we didn't lose again to oswho, and not to win the thing. anyway ATXhorn, does this loss tonight cost us a regional? just wondering how much they look into these tourneys.
    What are the only two words in the english dictionary that are better together than free beer?

TOUCHDOWN OKLAHOMA

vCash

Hard to tell. Personally, I think OU and OSU are fighting for a regional host right now because I don't see them putting two hosts in the state of Oklahoma, especially not with two that are on the bubble like OU and OSU are.

I really don't believe in putting too much stock into the conference tourney. In 2003, Texas won the Big 12 tournament and was sent to play the national #1 seed. In 2004, Texas went 2-2 in the tourney and got the #1 national seed. But of course, I think it might matter in OU's case because they are so on the bubble.

If I had to give an answer, I'd say no, but I think OU is hanging by their last thread. They'll probably have to win out to get one with OSU going 1-2 or 0-3.

Now, I still think they can be a #1 seed, they'll just probably have to travel to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleOUstudent
    Mmmm....I think MU and KU will pick up some losses before OU-OSU. If thats the case, we own series against both those teams....then that means OU-OSU holds some real importance (winner plays for championship). And I know a certain team playing with a chip on their shoulder from last OU-OSU....but I aint tellin.
    No, even if we win our next two games, including OU-OSU, it may not be enough for us to play in Sunday's final. The best-case scenario would be for us to win out and hope Kansas loses to Mizzou and OSU.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by AllAboutThe'O'
    No, even if we win our next two games, including OU-OSU, it may not be enough for us to play in Sunday's final. The best-case scenario would be for us to win out and hope Kansas loses to Mizzou and OSU.

If we win our next two games we are in the Final regardless...With this new format, even if us and Kansas were tied at 2-1 and they beat us, we would advance due to higher regular season finish.
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguild
    why the f*&% did we start PJ tonight. Im absolutely livid right now. Not only did we look past kansas but we conceded the freakin championship.
    We pitched P.J tonight so we can pitch guerra against Missouri and McCutheon against Osu, we need our best pitchers against the best teams and luckily since Osu lost tonight, we still control our own destiny! Now lets go out and win these two games damnit!!
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

vCash

Whoopee, we're getting it handed to us again. 6-0 in the 5th, we gave up five of those runs in the first.
    Is it too late to declare this team in sudden crash and burn mode?