Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Galloway.....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Stanley1's Avatar
    vCash

Galloway.....

All of you that were tooting his horn earlier this year need to admit it was a little premature. While I admit to being pleasantly surprised with OU's start this year, we sure have fallen off lately.

You can stand on it SeattleOUstudent's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Galloway.....

Yikes! So we lose one game to KSU, go on to win the series....get swept by our rival and now its time to start questioning the coaching hire? Weak sauce, stanley.

As of right now, we still carry a top 10 ranking, and I dont think its because everyone was jumping on the Golloway-wagon. I think it has more to do with the fact that we are a solid baseball team. Our bats were silent this weekend. All we have to do is get back to where we were a week ago, and we will be fine. There is a reason we play 60+ games per year.

Sunny explains it like this:“Their pitcher did a good job against our hitters,” Golloway said. “He kept us off balance. One thing about this game, you’ve got to give credit where credit is due.

“They did a good job pitching. Good pitching is going to get good hitting out.”

Excuses? No. The batting will come back. DOnt start piling it on the coach now. Its too early.
    Last edited by SeattleOUstudent; 5/15/2006 at 12:48 AM.

vCash

Seattle, I also say it is too early to praise his coaching as well. Lets see how this season finishes up, how he recruits, and how next season goes. I'm not just now being critical of Sunny, I have been since the begining. I think OU will be pretty average under him. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I will be.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SleestakSooner's Avatar
    In a cardboard box... down by the Dempsey Dumpster.
    vCash

Wow Stan... that post was so Nick Zepplinesque. You really hope you're wrong or are ya upset they replaced Cochell with a minority hire? SO we lost to a red hot OSU team... big deal! Getting swept by your rival does suck but you are WAY outta line with this suspicion of the leader of our Sooners. Golloway has done nothing but lead them to a way above average season and you should feel lucky to hold his jock strap you imbecile!
    Last edited by SleestakSooner; 5/15/2006 at 02:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokefun
    it is not natural to be optimistic and a cowboy fan unless it is the off season.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner24's Avatar
    vCash

Stan's just trying to rattle some cages. If he knew what he was talking about it might be a different story.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner24
    Stan's just trying to rattle some cages. If he knew what he was talking about it might be a different story.
    Truer words have never been spoken on this bbs. Ever.

OSU throws two dominating pitching performances at us - and suddenly Sunny sucks. No wait, I knew he sucked all along. Bite me Stan.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SleestakSooner
    Wow Stan... that post was so Nick Zepplinesque. You really hope you're wrong or are ya upset they replaced Cochell with a minority hire? SO we lost to a red hot OSU team... big deal! Getting swept by your rival does suck but you are WAY outta line with this suspicion of the leader of our Sooners. Golloway has done nothing but lead them to a way above average season and you should feel lucky to hold his jock strap you imbecile!

It isn't the wins and losses, the team hasn't played well since beating New Mexico. In case you are wondering, that is 3 weeks ago.

All I'm saying is, all of you people that were spouting off about how great Sunny was (based on our start to the season), better be willing to come back with how average a season we had if it doesn't turn around. This team went from a top 10 team, with potentially great things in the postseason, to a team that doesn't even look like it belongs in the postseason. And that type of play has been going on for 3 weeks now.

Sunny had it relatively easy this year. Experienced ball team, and all that. NEXT year will be the true indicator, or the year after, as to what kind of coach he'll be.

And like I said, I haven't been a big fan of this hire since day 1, so this isn't me "jumping off the bandwagon". And I should biotch slap you for suggesting this has anything to do with race. Moronic.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean
    Truer words have never been spoken on this bbs. Ever.

OSU throws two dominating pitching performances at us - and suddenly Sunny sucks. No wait, I knew he sucked all along. Bite me Stan.
    You bite me Dean. I said I was against this hire from day 1. Sunny did NOTHING to prove he was worthy of the head spot, hence the reason Joe C. looked elsewhere initially.

You say osu's pitching was great, I say OU is a team on the decline. And senior-laden teams shouldn't play like *** against the likes of WSU, KU, KSU, and osu. None of those teams are worth a crap.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner24
    Sorry, I forgot what kind of baseball stud you are.

Administrator
    vCash

How cute. Now Stan's all in a tizzy.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

remember, sonny was not (near) the first choice.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

How cute. Now Stan's all in a tizzy.
    Stan has been on the edge lately...he used to be soooo funny. What happened??? You would think that he would be in a really good mood...I mean tax time is over and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

vCash

For the record, I'm not saying that Sonny sucks, and obviously I hope he succeeds (b/c I want OU baseball to succeed). I'm just saying that all the premature "See, I told you Sonny would be good" crap was a little too soon. This is a senior-laden team that was handed to him. Lets see if he actually increases the talent on the team through recruiting, and can get us back to being competitive year in and year out. That is all I was saying.

Administrator
    vCash

Dammit Stan. It's SUNNY GOLLOWAY. You're gonna give him a Calvin Simpson complex.

I ain't disagreeing with you (about waiting a while to check this team out), but I'm assuming you've played ball before. And with a 60+ game season, you have slumps. The best teams do it. Maybe the little ****in' contest at the end of Sunday's game will be what it takes to slap the Sooners upside the head and break them out of the funk. But saying Sunny sucks is pretty much like the people saying Sunny rocks. Nobody knows yet.

vCash

Dammit Stan. It's SUNNY GOLLOWAY. You're gonna give him a Calvin Simpson complex.

I ain't disagreeing with you (about waiting a while to check this team out), but I'm assuming you've played ball before. And with a 60+ game season, you have slumps. The best teams do it. Maybe the little ****in' contest at the end of Sunday's game will be what it takes to slap the Sooners upside the head and break them out of the funk. But saying Sunny sucks is pretty much like the people saying Sunny rocks. Nobody knows yet.
    I never said he sucked.

vCash

what happened?
    If I could live my life all over
    It wouldnt matter anyway
    Cause I never could stay sober
    On the Corpus Christi Bay

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by leftfield
    what happened?
    Some aggot popped off and almost got his *** beat. Sunny threatened to beat the other coach's *** if he didn't get the hell out of there.

You know, the usual.

vCash

Some aggot popped off and almost got his *** beat. Sunny threatened to beat the other coach's *** if he didn't get the hell out of there.

You know, the usual.
    oh, thanks...the aggots have a tendency to do this, I remember a pretty big brawl they had with A&M when an aggot spit on homeplate and basically stomped on it.

I used to think basebrawls were kinda cool, till a couple of weeks ago. Pretty scary stuff to be in the middle of, gotta keep your head on a swivel.
    If I could live my life all over
    It wouldnt matter anyway
    Cause I never could stay sober
    On the Corpus Christi Bay

Administrator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley1
    You bite me Dean.
    Dude, you talkin' to a moderator this way don't sit well with this moderator. I'm letting this be because I assume you are joking with Dean. If you are serious, you need to cool it.
    We are here to pistol whip, shoe whip, imprison and torture. We are Phil, Beano, Norm, Dean, David Earl a.k.a. Deacon plus a bunch of ruthless mods. GADOCADWI

Administrator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SleestakSooner
    Wow Stan... you imbecile!
    Cool it with the name calling.
    We are here to pistol whip, shoe whip, imprison and torture. We are Phil, Beano, Norm, Dean, David Earl a.k.a. Deacon plus a bunch of ruthless mods. GADOCADWI