Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-World
    vCash

Paging OUDoc or anyone that might help.

my three year old was on the trampoline today and jumping up and landing on his back. only he was hitting his head more than anything.. he never acted hurt or anything. but this evening he has puked 5 times. could he have made himself sick? a concussion? anything else?

vCash

Re: Paging OUDoc or anyone that might help.

Quote Originally Posted by oumartin
    my three year old was on the trampoline today and jumping up and landing on his back. only he was hitting his head more than anything.. he never acted hurt or anything. but this evening he has puked 5 times. could he have made himself sick? a concussion? anything else?
    Dude hes 3 take his azz to the ER . then let us know
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BudSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Seriously get him to the er, it sounds like a concussion.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BoogercountySooner's Avatar
    vCash

Yip ASAP
    Booger Kills Deer and eatsem!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OKC-SLC's Avatar
    vCash

martin, it's probably nothing. Maybe unrelated. And even if it were a concussion, it's highly likely they'll have you take him home and wake him up every hour tonight and make sure he's still ok.

But I wouldn't chance it; i'd take him in. Concussion is often a diagnosis of exclusion, and if he has any neuro deficits there could be something else going on.

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

Concussion
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

Sooner All-World
    vCash

I've already called the ER doc. says its not a concussion. he might have made himself dizzy. he didn't hit anything hard. they just say to check his pupils ever little bit.
    i appreciate the concern.

vCash

When My kids were little I made a brazilion trips to the ER , the younguns cant really tell ya whats wrong. Id rather pay the er fee and look like an idiot to the er staff and be safe. Than take a chance
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Not a doc, but also wanted to point out that it might be as simple as motion sickness, so don't have a freakout. That said, everyone's advice to take him in is correct, IMO.

When I was a kid (one who really never got motion sickness, BTW), I rode a roller coaster about a dozen times one afternoon and barfed for the next two or three hours. Sometimes the body can just take so much of that type stimulation.
    Well, crap.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Oops. Guess you heard from a doc while I was composing. Good advice, too. My guess would be dizzy/motion sickness.
    Well, crap.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 nmsoonergirl's Avatar
    vCash

Martin--yes, sounds like a concussion, and yes, you should take him to the ER. They may or may not do a CT scan on him, but if he were my patient, I would definitely want him evaluated ASAP..

Sorry the kiddo isn't feeling well. Let us know how it turns out.
    Don't believe everything you think.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by oumartin
    I've already called the ER doc. says its not a concussion. he might have made himself dizzy. he didn't hit anything hard. they just say to check his pupils ever little bit.
    i appreciate the concern.
    K so how long has he been off the tramp ? and when did the heaving start ? shouldnt be dizzy for very long after he stopped .

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 nmsoonergirl's Avatar
    vCash

Oh, I just reread your post--I thought he had hit his head on the bar of the trampoline--if he was just hitting on the trampoline, it is definitely less likely to be a concussion. Still, I'd err on the side of overreacting...
    Don't believe everything you think.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member slickdawg's Avatar
    vCash

ER, without exception. You only have to be wrong ONCE!

Sooner All-World
    vCash

well, i am having the wife get him ready and she's gonna take him in.
    he has been off the tramp for a couple three hours. he never said he was dizzy and he never acted funny. he just puked, said he didnt' feel good. puked again and again. said he felt better. 10 minutes later. he puked one more time. then went and laid down. he's up now and says he feels alot better

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Sounds just lke what happened to me with the roller coaster. I'm not at all disagreeing with the idea of taking him in, just saying don't get overwrought with worry until you know what the problem is.
    Well, crap.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Penguin's Avatar
    vCash

When I was a kid, I fell 6 feet and hit my head. I felt fine for a while but then I started puking about 4 hours later.

I insisted that was I still feeling just fine until the ER doctor asked me what year it was. I didn't know. Turns out I had a concussion. Six years later I lost my virginity. The end.
    Quote Originally Posted by proud gonzo
    you're weird

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

After reading a bit into it, apparently the motion sickness can actually be caused by getting off the trampoline. That is, the body and inner-ear has adjusted to the motion, and has to re-adjust to no longer moving like that. That explains why it can come on after getting off the tramp.
    Well, crap.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

And again, not saying it couldn't be a concussion. Get it checked out.
    Well, crap.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin
    When I was a kid, I fell 6 feet and hit my head. I felt fine for a while but then I started puking about 4 hours later.

I insisted that was I still feeling just fine until the ER doctor asked me what year it was. I didn't know. Turns out I had a concussion. Six years later I lost my virginity. The end.
    Hey I think lil martin might be a tad young at 9 to lose his tho