Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hasheem Thabeet

Hasheem Thabeet

7-2 Center out of Houston is interested in playing for Capel.

He still needs to qualify.

It is said that he's not a project. He can score on the block, block shots, and rebound.

I've never heard of this kid before just now.

If we got this kid I'd pee my pants.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

Re: Hasheem Thabeet

he wants to go somewhere he can get better every year. He was wanting to go to Indiana but recently changed his mind.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sooner518's Avatar
    vCash

well, he's only gotta be better than Longar. I wouldnt say that that is such a tall order.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Newbomb Turk's Avatar
    vCash

rare are the times you can still get a dig in on Kelvin.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I'm just excited to hear Bob Barry pronounce his name.
    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I may be wrong but it seems as if we may have gone for a fake PAT once since I've been at Baylor. Although I may have just been drunk and playing Xbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Back off of Bob (Barry, Sr.). He's drank more beer, pissed more blood and banged more quiff than all of you numnut's put together.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by oumartin
    he wants to go somewhere he can get better every year. He was wanting to go to Indiana but recently changed his mind.
    Seems like IU ran thier competent coach out of town and brought in a sanctions situation who is loading up on JUCO talent . . .

you guys suck.

Someone posts some info about a new recruit, and y'all reply with 'Kelvin sucks', 'Longar's no good', 'Bob Barry sucks', 'IU/Kelvin sucks'.

Nice attitude fellahs.

Awesoministrator

vCash

From a rivals article:
    Those who didn't show up missed one of the fastest rising prospects in the class of 2006 and a performance that proved why.

Hasheem Thabeet threw down a handful of powerful, two-handed dunks and swatted a number of blocks to lead the Houston Junior Hardballers to a 54-52 win in overtime over the Illinois Wolves. Monice Garrett banked in a jumper at the buzzer to seal the victory.

Recruiting interest has exploded for the lanky African center, who recently took a visit to Connecticut.

"UConn, Miami, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are all involved," Houston Junior Hardballers coach Rory Coleman said.

Coleman said that Thabeet isn't leaning anywhere yet and hasn't planned anymore visits either. He wants to wait and see what other schools will get involved as the AAU season rolls on and they get a chance to see him.

Most college coaches hadn't heard of Thabeet, who has been in the U.S. for about a year and a half, a month ago. After moving from California and enrolling at the Cypress (Texas) Community School last year, he was ruled ineligible to play for last season.

But, that hasn't stopped the imposing big man from working on his game. Thabeet did a good job getting position in the post and drew several fouls. He also did a solid job on the boards.

"Hasheem is improving every time he gets on the court," Coleman said. "It's unbelievable. Just six months ago he couldn't even catch the ball. He has come so far in such a short time."

Thabeet may have to spend another year working on his game before getting to college. Coleman said he hasn't achieved a qualifying score on the SAT yet and if he doesn't will go to prep school next season.

Brewmaster

vCash

That sounds awesome! I like that he seems like a worker. I'm betting most of his trouble qualifying is just learning the language.
    ... that's not food.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

gazoontite

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sooner518's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by william_brasky
    you guys suck.

Someone posts some info about a new recruit, and y'all reply with 'Kelvin sucks', 'Longar's no good', 'Bob Barry sucks', 'IU/Kelvin sucks'.

Nice attitude fellahs.
    I wasnt trying to say that Longar sucks. I just wanted to make a little pun.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Big Red Ron's Avatar
    vCash

Sounds like Longer but longer.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,
    a thousand victories. - Sun Tzu (500 B.C.)

Sooner All-World
    vCash

glad brasky wasn't talkin' to me..

Bob Barry DOES suck!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerShark's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Remembering Tom Stidham
    Bob Barry DOES suck!
    At his age, we'll see how well you, too, can chew.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

it's been roughly 24 hrs. since the last post on this board. that kind of drought would have our former coach feeling right at home.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

oh, i could post but it would make people mad

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooner518
    well, he's only gotta be better than Longar. I wouldnt say that that is such a tall order.
    IMHO L2 WILL suprise people with his play this year. He a much more gifted player than Jabhari was and is a much harder worker.That being said we do indeed need more size inside.

This new kid sounds like a project to me ,being a late arrival on D-1 radar much like Walker.At this point we may have to take ANY help we can get.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

I watched him play last week in Dallas while I was playing in a AAU tournament there. He is tall, but it looks like he doesnt know what he was doing out there. Ecspecially on offense. On defense he was a factor blocking shots though. It shouldnt be that hard for the coach to just tell him to stand under the basket and make sure that the ball doesnt go through the hoop.

He is DEFINIATLLY a project.
    Sooner born, Still being bred...

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger
    I watched him play last week in Dallas while I was playing in a AAU tournament there. He is tall, but it looks like he doesnt know what he was doing out there. Ecspecially on offense. On defense he was a factor blocking shots though. It shouldnt be that hard for the coach to just tell him to stand under the basket and make sure that the ball doesnt go through the hoop.

He is DEFINIATLLY a project.
    thanks for the inside scoop jccouger.

so, it sounds like he's raw but extremely athletic and has some sense for the game on the defensive side of the ball.

reports I have read indicate that his offensive game has really picked up in the last month of AAU games by scoring 20+ in a number of games to go with close to 20 rebounds in a game or two.