SoonerFans.com Elite Member mrowl's Avatar
    vCash

Question Fox NFL Pre-Game host replacement

http://www.nypost.com/sports/65579.htm

FOX EYES 'SUPER' WOMAN

By ANDREW MARCHAND

May 5, 2006 -- Fox Sports is strongly considering Pam Oliver or Jeanne Zelasko to host its Sunday NFL pregame show, according to sources.

If Fox executives pull the trigger, it arguably will be the highest profile position a woman sportscaster has ever held, because the role would include hosting the Super Bowl in January 2008.

Whoever gets the gig will replace James Brown, who bolted Fox to become host of CBS' NFL pregame.

Zelasko already has been in for a tryout with Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long and Jimmy Johnson. Oliver is expected to do a trial run with the trio sometime in the next month.

"We think the world of both Pam and Jeanne, but are refraining from comment in order to be fair and respectful to everyone involved," Fox Sports spokesman Tim Buckman said.

Fox also is considering former Fox 5-New York anchor Curt Menefee, former SportsCenter anchor Kevin Frazier and Fox Sports NASCAR host Chris Myers, and is still brainstorming for more ideas.

Zelasko has hosted Fox Sports' World Series pregame show, but does not play a huge role in its coverage. Hannah Storm hosted the World Series and the NBA Finals for NBC, but no woman has been the main anchor on a Super Bowl.

HUH??!??? Pam Oliver or Jeanne Zelasko??????????????????

Re: Fox NFL Pre-Game host replacement

yeah, Terry, Jimmy and Howie will just love that......

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

That would RUIN the Fox pre-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BudSooner's Avatar
    vCash

NOT Zelasko and NOT Myers, those two are part of the reason the FOX Nascar broadcasts have sucked *** in years past.

That and D.W, Larry Mac, and Hammond...ok, in general FOX broadcast of Nascar sucks. Their football is damn good, but give me ESPN(only)for Nascar.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

I've always thought that the people in the booth should actually have been there. I don't have anything against women anchors in general, but women are just eye-candy in football, if you're looking for in-depth analysis.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.