Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Damnit Rhino

Sooner Benchwarmer jackietreehorn's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Damnit Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHavePride
    It looks more like the Scottish martial art... **** You.
    yeah, it's mostly headbutting and kicking people on the ground!

nice quote sir
    cellar door

Awesoministrator

vCash

Packers | Hawkins practices Wednesday
    Thu, 10 Aug 2006 00:17:10 -0700
    Cliff Christl, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers CB Mike Hawkins (knee) returned to practice Wednesday, Aug. 9.

Bears | Berrian sorer than expected
    Wed, 9 Aug 2006 23:37:19 -0700
    K.C. Johnson, of the Chicago Tribune, reports Chicago Bears WR Bernard Berrian (groin) tested his sore groin during practice Wednesday, Aug. 9, but said his groin is sorer than expected, according to head coach Lovie Smith. WR Mark Bradley would start the team's preseason game Friday, Aug. 11, if Berrian can not play.

Bears | T. Harris returns to practice Wednesday
    Wed, 9 Aug 2006 23:29:19 -0700
    Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports Chicago Bears DL Tommie Harris (hip) returned to practice Wednesday, Aug. 9.

Lions | Lehman misses practice, remains on PUP list
    Wed, 9 Aug 2006 17:41:26 -0700
    Detroit Lions LB Teddy Lehman (foot) did not practice Wednesday, Aug. 9, and remains on the team's Physically Unable to Perform list.

Awesoministrator

vCash

Lions | Lehman participates in morning drill
    Tue, 15 Aug 2006 00:20:46 -0700
    George Sipple, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions LB Teddy Lehman (foot) participated in a morning drill Monday, Aug. 14, in pads. There is still no timetable when he will play.

Packers | Hawkins misses practice Monday
    Mon, 14 Aug 2006 2102 -0700
    Cliff Christl, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers CB Mike Hawkins (knee) missed practice Monday, Aug. 14.

Bears | Dvoracek sits out practice Monday
    Mon, 14 Aug 2006 20:43:21 -0700
    Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports Chicago Bears DL Dusty Dvoracek (foot) missed practice Monday, Aug. 14.

Browns | Strait acquisition no reflection on cornerback injuries
    Mon, 14 Aug 2006 1709 -0700
    Tom Withers, of the Associated Press, reports Cleveland Browns head coach Romeo Crennel said the addition of CB/S Derrick Strait is not an indication that the injuries to CBs Gary Baxter and Daylon McCutcheon are any more serious than has been discussed. "I hope they are coming back in the time period that we are shooting for," he said. "You know how injuries are. You can never tell and it doesn't hurt to cover yourself a little bit."

Browns | Jones ahead in strong safety battle
    Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:09:51 -0700
    Mary Kay Cabot, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports Cleveland Browns SS Sean Jones has pulled ahead of SS Brodney Pool in the competition for the team's starting strong safety spot, according to head coach Romeo Crennel.

Jets | Suggs acquired in trade with Browns
    Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:23:42 -0700
    ESPNews reports the Cleveland Browns have traded RB Lee Suggs to the New York Jets in exchange for CB Derrick Strait.

Saints | J. Brown makes some mistakes Saturday
    Sun, 13 Aug 2006 22:09:34 -0700
    Benjamin Hochman, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports New Orleans Saints OG Jammal Brown gave up a sack to a No. 2 defensive player and allowed Tennessee Titans DL Antwan Odom to hurry Saints QB Jaime Martin into an incomplete pass. For the most part, Brown played consistently over the first two quarters. Brown said, " Most of the assignments I knew in this new offense. I was on the right guy most of the time. Even though I did make some mistakes here and there, I pretty much knew what I had to do. And I finished some guys on some plays, so that was real good. I felt comfortable and everything was going well. I just have to learn there's more speed guys on that side. I just have to get more depth."

Jaguars | Ingram injured in preseason opener
    Sun, 13 Aug 2006 20:12:51 -0700
    Vic Ketchman, of Jaguars.com, reports Jacksonville Jaguars LB Clint Ingram (calf) suffered a calf contusion in the team's preseason opener Saturday, Aug. 12.

Cardinals | L. Mitchell sits out Saturday
    Sun, 13 Aug 2006 13:04:50 -0700
    AZCardinals.com reports Arizona Cardinals LB Lance Mitchell (knee) sat out the team's preseason game Saturday, Aug. 12.

Awesoministrator

vCash

http://www.nyjets.com/news/articles/...article_id=836
    "New York Jets head coach Eric Mangini announced Tuesday that Lee Suggs, who was acquired a day before in a trade with Cleveland, failed his physical. The trade is now void and defensive back Derrick Strait will return to New York.

"In terms of trade, Lee Suggs failed his physical," said Mangini. "Pursuant to any trade that is now void, Derrick Strait will be coming back here today and Lee will return to the Browns. It's just one of those things that happens. We had of a process in place medically to make sure that every player we bring in can be able to perform and it's pretty standard operating procedure."

Awesoministrator

vCash

First NFL game an out-of-body experience for Runnels
    By Larry Mayer
    August 15, 2006
    Rookie fullback J.D. Runnels, a sixth-round draft pick from Oklahoma, shares his thoughts in a weekly diary on ChicagoBears.com:

Playing in my first NFL game Friday night in San Francisco was a great experience. Reality set in for me even before I stepped on the field. It happened when I put my jersey on before the game. It was kind of an out-of-body experience, just looking around and saying, "Wow."

Offensively, I played extremely well. I played 15 snaps and graded out at 100 percent. I also played nine snaps on special teams and graded out at about a "C" average because I messed up twice. Once was on a kickoff and the 49ers ended up getting a pretty long return.

My first play on offense came right after P.J. Pope caught that swing pass down the left sideline. We were going to run an isolation play and I was getting all geared up to go knock somebody's head off and the referee blew his whistle right before the ball was snapped to review the play.

Fortunately, they upheld the call, giving us a first down, and we ended up doing the same play. So it worked out pretty well and it was all downhill from there. My first two plays actually came on punt returns, but both were fair catches so I don't really count those.

I seemed to get into a groove really early on offense and that just comes from working hard and practicing hard and knowing that I have the potential to play on this level and going out there on the field and executing.

Offensively, I knew what to expect. I studied film pretty hard-we all do as a running back corps. There was never a nervous moment on offense for me. The only nerve-wracking part was waiting for my first play on special teams. Every time San Francisco's offense would get to third down early in the game, it was like, "Oh my God, I'm about to go in on the next play."
    Traveling to the game was similar to the way it was at Oklahoma. In college, every game is so big. I'm sure it's going to be that way here too, but it was a lot more relaxed because it was a preseason game. It was a great experience and it went really well. Time just flew by.

It was really weird having life set in after the game as far as getting back into Chicago at seven o'clock in the morning after flying all night back from San Francisco.

The night before the game, I roomed with Dusty Dvoracek, my former Oklahoma teammate. We shared four good years at OU and we know each other very well. We were both so excited to get out there that we had to keep calming each other down in the room. He's a fired up guy and I am too so we had to keep saying, "Let's sit down and quit pacing around this room."

In preparing for this week's preseason game against the Chargers, the only thing that the coaches really want me to do is to keep playing with a chip on my shoulder and playing like my hair's on fire. That's all I can really do. If I do that, then everything else will take care of itself.

Awesoministrator

vCash

From their first preseason game of the year:

Corey Ivy:

Kelly Gregg:

Mark Clayton:

Chris Chester:

JD is my new favorite NFL player.......i dont remember anybody ever at OU being a bigger class act than him

Awesoministrator

vCash

Bradley, Dvoracek, Harris, Runnells:

Dusty:

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino
    Bradley, Dvoracek, Harris, Runnells:

THAT is a damn cool pic......major spek to rhino for that one

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUstudent4life's Avatar
    vCash

Is Dusty doing a horns down?

He's s'posed to wait until OU/tx weekend for that .
    The Dude abides.

Awesoministrator

vCash

Safety First
    Opportunity knocks for two recent second-round draft picks in the Browns' defensive backfieldBy Bill Syken

A second-round NFL draft pick expects to start, if not right away then before very long. That's how Sean Jones saw it when the Browns took him out of Georgia in 2004. Same for Oklahoma's Brodney Pool when he was Cleveland's choice in '05. Neither has gotten a start yet, but one will get the call -- and only one, because both play strong safety -- when the Browns open the season at home against the Saints on Sept. 10. The two are vying for the spot that opened up in March with the trade of last year's starter, Chris Crocker, to the Falcons. Coach Romeo Crennel says the potential he saw in the pair gave him the confidence to make that move. "Their upside was good enough that we would take that chance and coach them up," says Crennel. "At least one of them would come to the forefront."

Though Jones was drafted a year ahead of Pool, he missed all of 2004 after tearing his left ACL in a minicamp. Last year he led the Browns special teams with 20 tackles but appeared in only four games at safety. Pool was used in the dime package in 13 games, logging an interception, a sack and 26 tackles. Through the first week of camp, Crennel gave Jones a slight edge based on his superior hitting ability and deep coverage. The coach says Pool shows his lack of seasoning at times.

Of course, Cleveland hopes that pitting Jones and Pool against each other will speed both players' development. Veteran free safety Brian Russell, who'll play alongside the winner, says the two are better this year at making coverage calls, disguising coverages and moving decisively at the snap. During a seven-on-seven passing drill last week, Pool sniffed out a route and reacted in time to bat the ball from a receiver over the middle. The oppressive heat had stifled most on-field chatter that day, but Pool's play roused teammates to shout, "Yeah, Brodney!"

Jones and Pool are friends and downplay the competition. "We're both from big-time college programs," says Pool. "We competed against friends in college and in high school, so it's nothing new. It's part of football."

The starter won't be named until after each player gets his turns in the preseason games and shows how well he can run the defensive backfield. And the contest doesn't end when the season begins. Whether it's Jones or Pool who starts against New Orleans, the other will play in dime packages and continue pressing for the starting job. Says Pool, "Training camp is just the beginning of the battle."

Issue date: August 14, 2006

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Jerome Brown really got dogged down here for his game Saturday night. I didn't see the game so I don't know if that was because of the one sack and one hurry or for his whole performance. It's only his first game at left tackle so I expect JB to step it up.

Awesoministrator

vCash

Jets | Strait back at practice
    Thu, 17 Aug 2006 06:01:14 -0700
    Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports New York Jets CB/S Derrick Strait returned to practice Wednesday, Aug. 16, wearing his familiar No. 20 jersey and starting at safety. Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum said he admired the way Strait and his agent, Michael Lartigue, handled the situation of Strait's trade to the Cleveland Browns and subsequent return to the Jets.

Browns | Perkins misses practice Wednesday
    Wed, 16 Aug 2006 21:37:56 -0700
    Steve King, of ClevelandBrowns.com, reports Cleveland Browns CB Antonio Perkins (ankle) missed practice Wednesday, Aug. 16 and Tuesday, Aug. 15.

Lions | Lehman remains on PUP list
    Wed, 16 Aug 2006 19:35:01 -0700
    Detroit Lions LB Teddy Lehman (foot) remains on the team's Physically Unable to Perform list and missed practice Wednesday, Aug. 16.

Titans | B. Jones does not practice Wednesday morning
    Wed, 16 Aug 2006 18:25:17 -0700
    Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports Tennessee Titans WR Brandon Jones (knee) did not practice Wednesday morning, Aug. 16.

Saints | Police and courts: J. Brown
    Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:12:22 -0700
    The New Orleans Times-Picayune reports New Orleans Saints OT Jammal Brown, who is charged with domestic abuse battery, pleaded innocent through his attorney Wednesday, Aug. 16, in 22nd Judicial District Court in Covington, Louisiana. It is a misdemeanor offense punishable upon first offense by a prison term of 10 days to six months and a fine of $300 to $1,000. Brown's trial is scheduled for Dec. 4.

Bears | Bradley given Wednesday off; expected to play Friday
    Wed, 16 Aug 2006 15:28:52 -0700
    John Mullin, of the Chicago Tribune, reports Chicago Bears WR Mark Bradley was given practice off Wednesday, Aug. 16. He is expected to play in the team's preseason game Friday, Aug. 18.

Chiefs | Bartee does not practice Tuesday
    Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:15:01 -0700
    Elizabeth Merrill, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs FS William Bartee (Achilles') did not practice Tuesday, Aug. 15.

Bears | T. Harris thought of quitting
    Wed, 16 Aug 2006 05:34:13 -0700
    John Mullin, of the Chicago Tribune, reports Chicago Bears DL Tommie Harris thought about quitting football recently. Harris said, "Two weeks ago I was thinking about quitting. I was wondering what was wrong with me, why I didn't have the drive anymore. I talked to my Mom and said, 'I don't know if I want to do this. The love of the game is not there." Harris believes he was holding back because he was reluctant to face the risk of totally committing himself to the game. Harris added, " It's almost like I'm afraid to be great. Because if I show you greatness, then I'm going to have to be that on a consistent basis. But now I feel there's no turning back. I've made up my mind, and this is just recently, to go for broke. I've never really opened myself up to something like this before. My fear is failure. Now I'm going to see how good I can do for the first time in my life."

Packers | M. Hawkins misses practice Tuesday
    Wed, 16 Aug 2006 01:01:00 -0700
    Cliff Christl, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers CB Mike Hawkins (knee) missed practice Tuesday, Aug. 15.

Awesoministrator

vCash

Dan Cody lateralling a fumble

Mark Clayton

Bears | T. Harris thought of quitting
    Wed, 16 Aug 2006 05:34:13 -0700
    John Mullin, of the Chicago Tribune, reports Chicago Bears DL Tommie Harris thought about quitting football recently. Harris said, "Two weeks ago I was thinking about quitting. I was wondering what was wrong with me, why I didn't have the drive anymore. I talked to my Mom and said, 'I don't know if I want to do this. The love of the game is not there." Harris believes he was holding back because he was reluctant to face the risk of totally committing himself to the game. Harris added, " It's almost like I'm afraid to be great. Because if I show you greatness, then I'm going to have to be that on a consistent basis. But now I feel there's no turning back. I've made up my mind, and this is just recently, to go for broke. I've never really opened myself up to something like this before. My fear is failure. Now I'm going to see how good I can do for the first time in my life."
    Wow, hes never tried his greatest? That scares me to think of what he can do...
    Sooner born, Still being bred...

Awesoministrator

vCash

Buccaneers | D. Joseph appears to have won starting job
    Sun, 20 Aug 2006 20:45:38 -0700
    Roy Cummings, writing for the Sporting News, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers OG Davin Joseph appears to have won the starting right guard job with the team.

Packers | Hawkins does not play Saturday
    Sat, 19 Aug 2006 20:18:53 -0700
    Packers.com reports Green Bay Packers CB Mike Hawkins (knee) did not play in the team's preseason game Saturday, Aug. 19.

Chiefs | Wilkerson excused from practice Saturday
    Sat, 19 Aug 2006 18:51:35 -0700
    KCChiefs.com reports Kansas City Chiefs DL Jimmy Wilkerson was excused from practice Saturday, Aug .19, according to head coach Herman Edwards. He is expected to return Monday, Aug. 21.

i watched the bears game friday nite, JD got alot of playing time, he looked out of place at times looking for somebody to hit but did really well picking up the block others

didint see Dusty play

Awesoministrator

vCash

Mark Bradley

Tommie Harris

Awesoministrator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    i watched the bears game friday nite, JD got alot of playing time, he looked out of place at times looking for somebody to hit but did really well picking up the block others
    JD was a step behind all game long. It sucked to watch him in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino
    JD was a step behind all game long. It sucked to watch him in that game.

hopefully he'll make the roster in spite of it!