vCash

Re: Damnit Rhino

I guess I missed this:

http://www.redskins.com/team/transactions.jsp
    June 19 CB Chijioke Onyenegecha Released

Awesoministrator

vCash

Wes Sims is currently the backup to Kris Dielman at LG for the Chargers.

Awesoministrator

vCash

Michael Hawkins is currently the backup to Al Harris at RCB for the Packers.
    -Through diet and arduous work in the weight room, added roughly 10 pounds to his sinewy frame this past offseason

-Has a new-found hobby of restoring “old-school” cars, doing much of the labor himself. Earlier this year finished work on a 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, and his next planned project is to refurbish a 1976 Cadillac Coupe de Ville

Awesoministrator

vCash

Eric Bassey is currently the fourth RCB on the Buffalo Bills. It's unlikely that he'll make the final cut.

i was checking out a chicago bears message board the other day, reading practice reports......a couple of them said that JD was having a really good camp so far, making lots of good catches....Dusty also having a pretty good camp

i'll try and find the link

Awesoministrator

vCash

http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=1011
    The Cardinals will also look for second-year outside linebacker Lance Mitchell to step up after a quiet first season. Mitchell was selected in the fifth round of the 2005 NFL Draft and saw action in 12 games in his rookie campaign, primarily on special teams.

Awesoministrator

vCash

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...e.jsp?id=11061
    Cornerback Corey Ivy filled in for Rolle and put in a great performance on the edge. He was a blanket on the Ravens receivers all day and even got a hand in to break up a few passes.

Awesoministrator

vCash

Hamstring still slows Clayton
    Wide receiver expects to return from nagging injury next week
    By Jamison Hensley and Edward Lee
    August 3, 2006

Ravens receiver Mark Clayton left yesterday's afternoon practice early to see a doctor about his recurring hamstring injury.

A first-round pick in 2005, Clayton said a few hours earlier that he expected to return to practice next week after missing the past two days of practice.

There have been rumblings that team officials are concerned about Clayton's condition and could be looking at other possibilities at receiver, including a trade for disgruntled Denver Broncos receiver Ashley Lelie.

Asked if the Ravens were interested in Lelie, general manager Ozzie Newsome said, "Not at this time."

Clayton, who was the Ravens' third-leading receiver last season, has injured his left hamstring on two previous occasions before tweaking it again on Monday.

He said the problem is an "alignment" issue in his lower back, which makes one leg lower than the other and puts stress on the muscles. According to Clayton, it can be helped by a chiropractor. "I know it's a matter of time before I get over it," Clayton said. "I believe we go through things for a reason. It shows us ourselves. I'm learning from it."

The Ravens' receiving group is running thin these days.

Clarence Moore (hernia) is on the physically-unable-to-perform list, and rookie Demetrius Williams (hamstring) missed his first practice yesterday.

With Clayton and Moore out, Devard Darling worked with the starters. Darling has two catches in two seasons.

In their three-receiver sets, the Ravens used Darling, Derrick Mason and Romby Bryant, a Ravens' practice squad player last season.

To keep their healthy receivers from wearing down, the Ravens added some depth by signing little-used three-year veteran Matt Cherry, who had been released by the Carolina Panthers on May 30.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    i was checking out a chicago bears message board the other day, reading practice reports......a couple of them said that JD was having a really good camp so far, making lots of good catches....Dusty also having a pretty good camp

i'll try and find the link
    the board with more stickies than posts?

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
    the board with more stickies than posts?
    ummm, i'm not sure, my google search took me straight to the thread....i didnt venture out of it

Awesoministrator

vCash

The Baltimore Sooners

Dan Cody

Chris Chester

Kelly Gregg:

Mark Clayton:

Corey Ivy (white jersey):

Remi Ayodele:

Awesoministrator

vCash

Ravens | Ivy working with first-team defense
    Mon, 7 Aug 2006 12:25:33 -0700
    Mike Duffy, of BaltimoreRavens.com, reports Baltimore Ravens CB Corey Ivy worked with the first-team defense at cornerback during the team's morning practice Monday, Aug. 7.

Ravens | Clayton practices at full speed
    Mon, 7 Aug 2006 12:24:18 -0700
    Mike Duffy, of BaltimoreRavens.com, reports Baltimore Ravens WR Mark Clayton (hamstring) practiced at full speed during the team's morning practice Monday, Aug. 7.

Ravens | Cody practices at full speed
    Mon, 7 Aug 2006 12:23:58 -0700
    Mike Duffy, of BaltimoreRavens.com, reports Baltimore Ravens LB/DE Dan Cody (ankle) practiced at full speed during the team's morning practice Monday, Aug. 7.

Chiefs | Wilkerson misses Saturday practice
    Sun, 6 Aug 2006 22:08:56 -0700
    Josh Looney, of KCChiefs.com, reports Kansas City Chiefs DE Jimmy Wilkerson (undisclosed) was held out of practice Saturday, Aug. 5.

Bears | Runnels misses practice Saturday
    Sun, 6 Aug 2006 09:38:03 -0700
    Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports Chicago Bears FB J.D. Runnels (quadriceps) sat out practice Saturday, Aug. 5. He is expected to return for practice Monday, Aug. 7.

Hillbilly Queen

vCash

Man, I miss Kelly Gregg.

And Dan Cody...yeah...Dan Cody...miss him...a lot...

Awesoministrator

vCash

Titans | B. Jones returns to practice
    Tue, 8 Aug 2006 12:31:39 -0700
    WR Paul Kuharsky and Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports Tennessee TitansBrandon Jones (knee) returned to practice Monday, Aug. 7.

Titans | B. Jones removed from PUP list
    Mon, 7 Aug 2006 20:49:06 -0700
    TitansOnline.com reports Tennessee Titans head coach Jeff Fisher said WR Brandon Jones (knee) has been removed from the Physically Unable to Perform list. He did some seven-on-seven drills and individual drills, but is expected to be on a one-a-day routine.

Ravens | Clayton says he will be ready by opening day
    Tue, 8 Aug 2006 09:46:13 -0700
    Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens WR Mark Clayton (hamstring) acknowledged following his first workout Monday, Aug. 7, that he is only at 70 percent right now, but that he would be fully recovered by opening day.

Bears | Runnels returns
    Mon, 7 Aug 2006 15:46:16 -0700
    Larry Mayer, of Bears.com, reports Chicago Bears FB J.D. Runnels (quad) returned to practice Monday, Aug. 7.

Hillbilly Queen

vCash

I hope Runnels does well. I always liked him...
    "And the truth is that no circumstance can ever defeat us unless we let it... Resilience in the face of failure is a manifestation of the mind..." -Wayne Coyne

Got this stuff fom another board.

Tommie and Dusty

Dusty

Quotes from the board:

Bradley still catching everthing coming his way!

Runnels looks good.

p.j.pope and j.d.runnels were looking really good today!

Runnels caught a few balls, one of them was pretty impressive and looked like it could have been a 15 yard gain or so if they were tackling live.

I watched Dusty on one play and he collapsed the pocket almost instantly, got a good push and nearly knocked his blocker over, didn't see who it was...

Bradley looks to be moving very well.

It's beginning to sound like we may have a winner in Dusty.

Dvoracek is an animal, I can't wait to watch him line up next to Tommie.

Rookie FB J.D. Runnels again demonstrated good receiving skills out of the backfield.

Bradley caught everything thrown his way

One of the last times rookie defensive tackle Dusty Dvoracek lined up in a one-on-one pass-rush drill was at the Senior Bowl in January. He found out Sunday night it's a new world in the NFL as the Bears conducted this drill for the first time. Winning battles at the line quickly to blow up a play in the backfield is what the third-round pick is known for. "I had a decent day,'' he said. "But I have to get better every day. Quickness, pad level, strength ... you have to use everything to be successful. I don't know all these guys, and I have to learn their tendencies.''Pro Bowl performer Tommie Harris looked as explosive as ever in the drill

J.D. Runnels displaying pillow-soft hands catching swing passes out of the backfield

Mark Bradley scorching Devin Hester on an out-and-up along the left sideline

Veteran Jason McKie and rookie J.D. Runnels will battle for Johnson's starting spot, though Runnels missed practice with a quadriceps injury. Coach Lovie Smith said he would return Monday

Dusty Dvoracek just bulldogged Travis Leffew into the ground, and needless to say, Leffew didn’t take too kindly to it. The two of them engage in a pretty heated shoving session before cooler heads prevail. It’s just a matter of time before Dvoracek and Olin Kreutz get into it, and believe me, I would pay extra for a ringside seat to that fight ...

Defensive tackle Dusty Dvoracek and guard Travis Leffew had the first brief scuffle of camp, with Dvoracek punching Leffew's facemask. They were separated quickly

Everyone had to be encouraged that wide receiver Mark Bradley practiced and looked good for a second straight day. He made a diving grab of a throw from Rex Grossman and was smooth working across the middle. The hope is he's near 100 percent come the opener in five weeks. ... Feisty defensive tackle Dusty Dvoracek got in a brief tussle with Travis Leffew. ...

I'm glad Dvoracek is getting all nice 'n angry. Should be fun come game time...

Mark Bradley looked pretty good, seems that he is regaining his burst off the line and his quickness

I was quite impressed w/ PJ Pope,and JD Runnels

And even though he played w/ the 2nd team Dusty is a beasty!

Offensively Mark Bradley, Justin Gage and especially Rashied Davis were impressive

I was keying on Dusty a bit and he looks like the real deal.

http://bears.hosttown.com/index.php?act=idx

vCash

I'm surprised this was overlooked. Well, maybe not

Falcons | Chaisson signed
    Mon, 7 Aug 2006 14:55:51 -0700

AtlantaFalcons.com reports the Atlanta Falcons have signed free agent OL Kelvin Chaisson (Texans) to an undisclosed contract.

Awesoministrator

vCash

Bears | T. Harris sits out practice Tuesday
    Wed, 9 Aug 2006 0019 -0700
    K.C. Johnson, of the Chicago Tribune, reports Chicago Bears DL Tommie Harris (hip) sat out practice Tuesday, Aug. 8, with a strained hip flexor.

Ravens | Rolle sits out Tuesday
    Tue, 8 Aug 2006 23:09:22 -0700
    Mike Duffy, of BaltimoreRavens.com, reports Baltimore Ravens CB Samari Rolle was given the afternoon practice off Tuesday, Aug. 8. CB Corey Ivy filled in for him.

Browns | Perkins expected to start Thursday
    Tue, 8 Aug 2006 20:30:56 -0700
    Patrick McManamon, of the Akron Beacon Journal, reports Cleveland Browns CB Antonio Perkins practiced with the first-team defense Tuesday, Aug. 8, because CBs Daylon McCutcheon (knee) and Gary Baxter (knee) are out. He is expected to start the team's preseason game Thursday, Aug. 10.

Packers | Hawkins sits out practice Tuesday
    Tue, 8 Aug 2006 20:24:11 -0700
    Cliff Christl, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers CB Mike Hawkins (knee) did not practice Tuesday, Aug. 8.

Titans | Woolfork needs to show more
    Tue, 8 Aug 2006 19:01:08 -0700
    TitansOnline.com reports Tennessee Titans head coach Jeff Fisher would like to see more out of CB Andre Woolfolk for the remainder of training camp, "When he gets the opportunity and the ball is in the air, he's got to make a play."

Awesoministrator

vCash

“We’re going to substitute quickly on defense,” said Gruden, mentioning fourth-year cornerback Torrie Cox as a player he wants to examine closely. “I want to see Alan Zemaitis. Anthony Bryant, the big nose tackle out of Alabama, is going to play a lot of football. We’re going to look at a lot of guys. Jamie Winborn is going to play a lot. There are a lot of guys we’re looking forward to seeing, [such as] Donte Nicholson. We want to see these guys play and see if they’ve gotten better from year one to year two.”

Two players who will be closely scrutinized by Gruden and his coaching staff Friday night are rookie offensive linemen Davin Joseph and Jeremy Trueblood. Joseph, a first-round selection out of Oklahoma, has shown flashes of his potential throughout training camp, and Trueblood, the Bucs’ second-round selection, has seen extensive playing time with the first team as a result of an injury to starting right tackle Kenyatta Walker.

“I’m really pleased with our young guys, let’s be honest,” Gruden said. “Trueblood’s out here every day. He’s taken every rep. Davin Joseph’s out here every day, taking tons of reps – and going against great players. [Greg] Spires is a hell of a football player, very physical, so I’ve got a feeling Trueblood is very sore. Hopefully, Spires is a little sore, too. Davin Joseph is in there with Hovan, [Anthony] McFarland and [Ellis] Wyms – that’s a tall order. And when Dewayne White comes out there and plays wherever he plays, it’s been tough and challenging. When you combine that with Kenyatta’s Walker absence and Torrin [Tucker]’s absence and [Toniu] Fonoti not practicing, these guys have done a good job. They need to play somebody else to see how they can adjust to a new scheme.”

Joseph and especially Trueblood will see plenty of action on Friday night, but Gruden has not yet announced a starting lineup for that front five.

“Obviously, Kenyatta is missing a lot of time,” said Gruden. “If he’s not ready to go, [Jeremy] Trueblood will start at right tackle. And Davin Joseph – I didn’t say he was starting. I don’t know if anybody did. If you’ve seen practice, he has made a strong case to become a starter. I’ve seen the films, you’ve watched practice. We’ll make those final determinations here in the next couple of days. And once again, at the end of our real preparation for this team, we’ll determine the health of the team and what lines and what players will play.”

SoonerFans.com Elite Member critical_phil's Avatar
    vCash

Runnels fired up about playing in first NFL game

August 8, 2006
    By Larry Mayer

Rookie fullback J.D. Runnels, a sixth-round draft pick from Oklahoma, shares his thoughts in a weekly diary on ChicagoBears.com:

I'm very excited about the chance to play in my first NFL game when we open the preseason Friday night in San Francisco against the 49ers. I turned on the Hall of Fame Game the other night and it really sank in. Being down here at training camp for as long as we have, I hate to say that you get used to putting on an NFL uniform, but you do get a little sidetracked from thinking about it.

When you see the Hall of Fame Game and you realize that on Friday everybody's going to be watching us. It's real humbling and it's going to be a great experience for me. It's something that you try to take and run with but you try to cherish at the same time. I'm excited and I'm thrilled to be here and I'm ready to go seize the moment.

In a sense, you try to think about it the same way as college and try not to let your head go a thousand different ways. I'm going to try to control all my emotions and play the game that I've been playing my whole life and do what I've been doing here-just at a high intensity and against another NFL team, which is something that we haven't got to do.

I always dreamed about playing in the NFL when I was growing up. I think the first time any kid sees an NFL game he's going to aspire to reach that level because it is the ultimate level.

I want to show the coaches what I've been showing them, that I'm a complete fullback and that I can really take on the complete load and do whatever needs to be done, especially in the preseason because the same things that are going to happen there are going to double when it comes to the regular season as far as blitzing, running and blocking. I just want them to know that I can handle the pressure.

I hurt my quad a little bit in last Saturday morning's special teams practice. It swelled up a little bit on me and I'd say that right now I'm about 80-85 percent.

It's one of those deals where you try to rest it, but there's only so much rest that you can do when you're up and running every day. I feel good right now and I can do pretty much what's needed. I know that I'll be 100 percent by the time game time comes and I'll be ready.

Seeing Bryan Johnson go down with a hamstring injury the other day really did hurt me. It was the point that I realized this is a business and that when one chain link is down, somebody else has to pick up the link and that's where I'm going to have to do what I have to do.