Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Damnit Rhino

Adminstrator of PAIN
    vCash

Damnit Rhino

Aren't you supposed to like have a thread stating where all the sooners are in the nfl, including the rookie free agents, or something? WHAT THE HECK ARE WE PAYING YOU FOR?

Slacker.

Adminstrator of PAIN
    vCash

Re: Damnit Rhino

I like the way I use "Damnit" and "HECK" in the same post.

Awesoministrator

vCash

Redskins | Team invites UDFA C. Bush
    Thu, 4 May 2006 19:18:38 -0700
    Redskins.com reports the Washington Redskins have invited undrafted rookie free agent OL Chris Bush (Oklahoma) for a tryout at this weekend's minicamp.

Bears | Runnels to wear No. 48
    Thu, 4 May 2006 19:08:14 -0700
    Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports Chicago Bears rookie FB J.D. Runnels will wear No. 48.

Bears | Dvoracek to wear No. 98
    Thu, 4 May 2006 19:02:13 -0700
    Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports Chicago Bears rookie DT Dusty Dvoracek will wear No. 98.

Chiefs | Contract update: J. Wilkerson
    Thu, 4 May 2006 16:04:59 -0700
    Kansas City Chiefs DL Jimmy Wilkerson signed his one-year, $721,600 tender offer to remain with the Chiefs.

Texans | UDFA Chiasson signs
    Thu, 4 May 2006 13:01:22 -0700
    HoustonTexans.com reports the Houston Texans have signed undrafted rookie free agent OG Kelvin Chiasson (Oklahoma). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Browns | Wilson may be pressed into action
    Thu, 4 May 2006 09:21:51 -0700
    Jeff Walcoff, of ClevelandBrowns.com, reports Cleveland Browns third-round draft pick WR Travis Wilson may find himself on the field earlier than expected. If No. 1 WR Braylon Edwards (knee) does not recover in time for the season, Wilson could be pressed into action. "We say that (Wilson) is more of a developmental guy but, I've also said that if Braylon doesn't make it on the field, he'll be playing," Browns head coach Romeo Crennel said. "We'll see if he's developmental or not. He might come in and be better than some other guys we got."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member soonerhubs's Avatar
    vCash

I liked that old Sooners in the NFL thread. Someone needs to bump that thing back to the front. I'll go looking. Never mind.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jimminy Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Other numbers:

Davin Joseph - 75
    Travis Wilson - 81
    Clint Ingram - 51
    Chris Chester - 65

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

Ugh. Of course the Texans sign the worst blocker we've had in forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 The Consumate Showman's Avatar
    in the backfield with "indian" jack jacobs
    vCash

^ Didn't I hear that he graded out only a few points below Chester? Amazing if he did....
    I have too much sympathy for myself to feel any for you......

Awesoministrator

vCash

NFL dream becomes reality for wide-eyed Bears rookies
    By Larry Mayer
    May 5, 2006

LAKE FOREST, Ill. - Fullback J.D. Runnels didn't catch a pass, throw a block or even step on the field, but Thursday was one of the most monumental days of his football career.

The sixth-round draft pick from Oklahoma was among more than two dozen Bears rookies who arrived at Halas Hall in advance of this weekend's minicamp to get fitted for equipment, tour the training facility and meet with their new coaches.

Top Bears draft pick Danieal Manning of Abilene Christian gets fitted for a helmet at Halas Hall.

"It's great when you see your name go across (the television screen), but when you actually get in and see the locker room and start putting your helmet on, today was the day where everything started setting in for me," Runnels said.

"It was just a great day to finally get back into the football swing of things and get a family atmosphere around you."

Rookies who will practice once a day Friday, Saturday and Sunday include seven draft picks, 13 undrafted free agents and several others who will participate on a tryout basis.

"It's kind of overwhelming," third-round draft pick Dusty Dvoracek said after arriving at Halas Hall Thursday, "to drive up and see these awesome facilities and (realize that) I'm a part of this now. It's really neat and special and I'm excited."

Bears top draft pick Danieal Manning is eager to return to the field today after spending the last few weeks traveling around the country to meet with NFL teams in advance of the draft.

"I want to show my athleticism and that I'm ready to play," he said. "It's been a while since I've been out there running. I told coach (Lovie) Smith that I'm ready to start working out."

Runnels is determined to show coaches that "I'm mentally and physically ready to play."

Rookie Dusty Dvoracek spent part of his first day at Halas Hall in the weight room.

"I want to show them that if I can balance both of those and learn the playbook that I'll be ready to play this year," he said.

"I definitely think I can be an asset on special teams and I want to show them that early. I want to show that I'm ready and that they made the right choice in the sixth round."

No rookie is more ecstatic about playing football in Chicago than Dvoracek, a lunch-pail defensive tackle who played alongside Bears defensive tackle Tommie Harris for three seasons at Oklahoma.

"I'm excited about coming to the best defense in the NFL last year, getting into this scheme and getting to play with Tommie again," Dvoracek said.

"We run a real similar scheme at Oklahoma and I'm going to work hard and play football. I'm just excited to get this opportunity."

The 6-3, 306-pounder from Lake Dallas, Texas, had spoken to the Bears on several occasions before the draft and was hoping that he would be heading to Chicago.

"I couldn't have come to a better team," said Dvoracek, who was selected by the Bears with the 72nd overall pick. "It's such a good fit because it's a blue-collar town and I'm a blue-collar guy.

"I love football and Chicago is one of the most football tradition-rich places you can go. If you take all 32 teams, this is the best spot for me by far. It just worked out perfectly."

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

BSG nip.
    Well, crap.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Oops, that might be misinterpreted. I meant "nip" as in "catnip."
    Well, crap.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Because BSG (BlondeSoonerGirl) really loves Dusty, BTW.
    Well, crap.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

heh
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

Hillbilly Queen

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedJed
    BSG nip.
    *SQUIRT*

Heh.

Oh, and h3ll yes - I'mmina be a Bears fan this year. They seem to like them some Oklahoma boys...can't say that I blame them...

The Skinny on Bills Undrafted Players

Below we provide some of the career highlights on each of Buffalo's rookie free agent prospects.

CB - Eric Bassey - 6'1" 200 - Oklahoma
    An athletically gifted cornerback that didn't get a lot of playing time at Oklahoma due to injuries and talented players ahead of him in the lineup. Played in 11 games last season as a sub-package corner posting 15 tackles and a pass defensed. In 49 games for the Sooners he finished with 112 tackles, three interceptions, 16 pass breakups, three forced fumbles and a fumble recovery.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Jello Biafra's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino

sweet. I have that same shirt......my nipples are hard
    Ole Vet Posse SGT-AT-ARMS.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Holy crap! Is that all that he's squatting? I'm afraid he has a conditioning problem.
    Well, crap.

Hillbilly Queen

vCash

Compression shorts are a great thing.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Not according to my What a ****ing hillbilly should know... thread.
    Well, crap.

Hillbilly Queen

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedJed
    Not according to my What a ****ing hillbilly should know... thread.
    Oh, I meant for sewing the legs up, hanging and storing your onions in. Not for actual wearing.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Why all of the football talk suddenly here in the South Oval?
    Well, crap.