And now for something comletely different

Players in bold have hired an agent and are no longer eligible.

What do you guys think the Big 12 basketball will look like overall next year with the graduations and if all the following who are "testing the water" of the NBA draft actually leave..... Aldridge, Gibson, and Tucker from UT, Blaylock and Stinson from ISU, Gardner from Mizz and Roby from CU? I don't know who all graduated besided ours so I can't list them.
    If all leave I think it will definitaly think it will be a down year for the Big 12 as well as us with our various problems. We are such an unknown at this point that I can't even speculate.

Well I can't edit the title sorry, my teachers always complained I could not spell.
    Last edited by lubbocksooner; 6/19/2006 at 10:23 AM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SleestakSooner's Avatar
    In a cardboard box... down by the Dempsey Dumpster.
    vCash

Re: And now for something comletely different

Well I can't edit the title sorry, my teachers always complained I could not spell.
    LOL

If all of the kids mentioned above took off then KU would walk thru the conference like Gretzky skated past... anyone in the NHL!

The fight for second would be interesting though. Tech or OSU might be in the running for that. Would be a crazy year for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokefun
    it is not natural to be optimistic and a cowboy fan unless it is the off season.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

KU might be the only one in the tournament, then lose to MD-Eastern Shore in the first round.
    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I may be wrong but it seems as if we may have gone for a fake PAT once since I've been at Baylor. Although I may have just been drunk and playing Xbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Back off of Bob (Barry, Sr.). He's drank more beer, pissed more blood and banged more quiff than all of you numnut's put together.

Updated with agent signings.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by lubbocksooner
    Updated with agent signings.

Aldridge signed with an agent some time ago. I'm pretty sure Stinson did last week. Thomas Gardner did today.

RHCF,

Thanks, I could not find an article on Gardner. I will check back tomorrow, until he is bold and gone form NCAA.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

Rush from KU hasn't? Wow. They must be paying him a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUstud
    KU might be the only one in the tournament, then lose to MD-Eastern Shore in the first round.
    No, no, you're not seeing the pattern.

Butler Bill...
    Bradley Bill...

Next year I'm guessing... Binghamton Bill?

I had missed that Alexis Maric from Nebraska had also declared but has not hired an agent. This is one that will probably come back I am thinking. Have not heard anything about him in the pro workouts. Here is a link to the whole list on SI.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ies/index.html

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

lubbock: on the internet you can always beg off spelling....by calling it a "typo".

live and learn.

i read a link at draftexpress that has Roby not impressing in workouts (but still in the top 30ish)....though going back to a Patton coached team that loses 9 seniors (3 of whom skipped the senior banquet)....can't be all that appealing to face a season of double teams on a team that would be lucky to win 6 conference games.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

As far as Big 12 guys go, nbadraft.net has
    5. Aldridge
    32. Tucker(2nd pick of 2nd rd)
    43. Blalock
    48. Gibson
    52. Taj
    And thats it, if this holds true then it looks like several big 12 guys made bad decisions i.e, Stinson, Gardner, Gibson, Tucker, Blalock
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner95's Avatar
    vCash

Seen Aldridge go as high as #2. One thing is for sure, the draft is weak this yr. Raptors might go overseas with #1..

As for Big12, yea might be a down yr, then again, with all that leaving, perhaps it will be extemely competitive and might even do some of the teams some good come tourney time?
    ========================================
    Bleeding Sooner Red on the East Coast since 2000.

vCash

Im telling you guys, outside of the traditional powers...
    Kansas-great
    Texas-good
    Oke state-good
    OU-Decently good
    ...Its gonna be a tough year for spots 2-10
    Weve got
    Kstate-alot better and they were decent last year
    Mizzou-I think He will turn things around faster than most think, that is a style that just needs athletes and while mizzou doesnt have any great bballers right now, they have athelete
    A&M-Great
    Colorado-depends on Roby but decent if he comes back

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

Colorado is .500 in coference with Roby....at best. without Roby...2-4 wins in conference.

K-State should have been improved but losing Martin, Taybron etc. is a ? but, who knows what being suspended in the "off-season" means to Huggy.

vCash

Exactly, a 500. record in the big 12 probably gets CU 20 wins and a shot at the tourney

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Collier11
    Exactly, a 500. record in the big 12 probably gets CU 20 wins and a shot at the tourney
    i should have been more clear. i think CU would have overacheived mightily to go .500 in conference....with Roby. team lost 9 seniors, they will need freshmen to get serious minutes at a couple spots on the floor. no post play, and no pg.

that's why i say "at best". i live in Colorado...and i don't see this team being anything other than the final nail in the Ricardo Patton era (he's had some off-the-court problems surface in the last month or so that will not help his cause with the new, PR first, proactive AD). though, the incoming recruiting class is supposed to be pretty good.

vCash

Patton has had a few "final nails in the coffin" hasnt he, its kinda like the nebraska situation, LOL

~ Ivan Maisel

Well at final count only Roby came back from my initial list. Should be an interesting year next year.