SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Confession of aKS supporter

Having read excerpts fron NCAA hearings and seeing what Sampson has had to say I must now consider myself a former Calvin supporter.The first thing I take issue with is that KS did not consider excessive calls to be cheating but outworking the other teams.That is flat-out wrong and is directly opppsed to what KS claimed that he was , an Honorable man who does things the RIGHT WAY.

The second statement I take issue with is the rather childish assertion that OSU RATTED THEM OUT .If you aren't doing anything wrong you can't be ratted out.

I do not what penalties the NCAA (in it's infintewisdom )will add to our self-imposed punishment but I feel the bulk if not the entirety of the wrath should fall on the man who lead the team into these violations,Kelvin himself.In fairness to OU the coaches who who did this are no longer employed by OU(Sampson,Rab,Lopes).

I always thought it strange that Lopes and Rabadeaux when given their own teams both ran afoul of the NCAA.The commonality of course is that both were long-time KS aaassistants.I gues I should seeen it coming.As has often been said the truth comes out.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Partial Qualifier's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Confession of aKS supporter

Can you imagine what'll happen if punishment follows Kelvin to Indiana? The AD there knew there was some risk of that happening but obviously he thought the risk was small.

Oh my goodness, that whole state will be in an uproar.

Sooner Spectator Editor Jay C. Upchurch's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Confession of a KS supporter

Exactly how did Jason Rabedeaux run afoul with the NCAA?

I believe you have your facts mixed up there. Rab left UTEP due to some personal issues that he got mixed up in, nothing involving breaking any NCAA rules or anything like that.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

one need look no further than Lopes.

In a year, we will probably be begging to get Kelvin back. But, we might not either. It is two early too tell.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Why exactly did Rab resign?
    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I may be wrong but it seems as if we may have gone for a fake PAT once since I've been at Baylor. Although I may have just been drunk and playing Xbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Back off of Bob (Barry, Sr.). He's drank more beer, pissed more blood and banged more quiff than all of you numnut's put together.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUGreg723's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Led Nicholas
    In a year, we will probably be begging to get Kelvin back. But, we might not either. It is two early too tell.

Nick??

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUGreg723's Avatar
    vCash

Oh nvm. Led has already been talked about on the football board. I'll go join there.

Sooner Spectator Editor Jay C. Upchurch's Avatar
    vCash

Without going into great detail, Rab left UTEP after making some poor personal choices that led to the end of his marriage, and which ultimately compromised the head coaching position.

He is has been an assistant at Marquette the last two seasons, and was recently joined by there Bennie Seltzer.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member AllAboutThe'O''s Avatar
    There she is, and I hope she's living where I is.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerJAM
    I always thought it strange that Lopes and Rabadeaux when given their own teams both ran afoul of the NCAA.The commonality of course is that both were long-time KS aaassistants.I gues I should seeen it coming.As has often been said the truth comes out.
    Don't forget Jimmy Tubbs, who lasted just two seasons at SMU before being forced out. After the football death penalty, the SMU folks are pretty sensitive about even the smallest infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerJAM
    Having read excerpts fron NCAA hearings and seeing what Sampson has had to say I must now consider myself a former Calvin supporter.The first thing I take issue with is that KS did not consider excessive calls to be cheating but outworking the other teams.That is flat-out wrong and is directly opppsed to what KS claimed that he was , an Honorable man who does things the RIGHT WAY.

The second statement I take issue with is the rather childish assertion that OSU RATTED THEM OUT .If you aren't doing anything wrong you can't be ratted out.

I do not what penalties the NCAA (in it's infintewisdom )will add to our self-imposed punishment but I feel the bulk if not the entirety of the wrath should fall on the man who lead the team into these violations,Kelvin himself.In fairness to OU the coaches who who did this are no longer employed by OU(Sampson,Rab,Lopes).

Don't feel bad, you're not the only one that was fooled by Kelvin. Fortunately, actions always speak louder than words. The truth eventually comes out. How would you like to be Indiana right now. We should be thankful they took him off our hands.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Led Nicholas
    Wow. Not only are you REALLY going out on a limb here, but you managed to mis-use variations of the word "to" twice in one sentence. Congrats.

the_ouskull
    Skull=the most underrated poster in SoonerFans.com history. -- gdc, 09/05

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

My staff is getting tired of me making them read your posts. -- birddog, 10/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jay C. Upchurch
    Without going into great detail, Rab left UTEP after making some poor personal choices that led to the end of his marriage, and which ultimately compromised the head coaching position.

He is has been an assistant at Marquette the last two seasons, and was recently joined by there Bennie Seltzer.
    Sorry Jay.Sounds like you have more info on that situaution than I do.The impression I got form the PERSOAL REASONS given for resigning was that he was pressured due to NCAA no nos.I apologize for any injury I may have done to Rab.It was a guilt by association reaction on my part.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

vCash

Talking Re: Confession of aKS supporter

[QUOTE=Led Nicholas]In a year, we will probably be begging to get Kelvin back. But, we might not either. It is two early too tell.[/QUOTE

green acres county agent