Thread: Purple Party

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Thumbs up Purple Party

http://newyorkmetro.com/news/politics/16713/index.html

Less than a third of the electorate are happy to call themselves Republicans, and only a bit more say they’re Democrats—but between 33 and 39 percent now consider themselves neither Democrat nor Republican. In other words, there are more of us than there are of either of them.
    Go on....

We are people without a party. We open-minded, openhearted moderates are alienated from the two big parties because backward-looking ideologues and p.c. hypocrites are effectively in charge of both. Both are under the sway of old-school clods who consistently default to government intrusion where it doesn’t belong....
    I'm listening....

So the simple question is this: Why can’t we have a serious, innovative, truth-telling, pragmatic party without any of the baggage of the Democrats and Republicans?
    Indeed....

Let the present, long-running duopoly of the Republicans and Democrats end. Let the invigorating and truly democratic partisan flux of the American republic’s first century return. Let there be a more or less pacifist, anti-business, protectionist Democratic Party on the left, and an anti-science, Christianist, unapologetically greedy Republican Party on the right—and a robust new independent party of passionately practical progressives in the middle.
    Yes....

Pragmatism will be an animating party value—even when the most pragmatic approach to a given problem is radical.
    Sign me up.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

Never gonna give you up
    vCash

Re: Purple Party

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Purple Party

Can Czar not post images today? I'm beginning to think he's sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.