Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerShark's Avatar
    vCash

Oklahoman: Brokeback Cowboys Rat Out Sooners

http://newsok.com/article/1820988/?template=sports/ou

Sampson: "OSU turned us in"

By George Schroeder and Mike Baldwin
    The Oklahoman

NORMAN - OU-OSU extended into the NCAA’s investigation of the Oklahoma basketball program.

Former Oklahoma coach Kelvin Sampson told NCAA investigators that Oklahoma State coach Eddie Sutton once called out Sampson for the actions of an assistant coach. And Sampson said he first had an inkling his program was under NCAA investigation when recruits said OSU coaches had told them that.

“Every kid that we were recruiting... Oklahoma State told them that we were going to be banned from this or put on probation for that if we were getting investigated,” Sampson told NCAA investigators during the second of four interviews. “Every kid that we recruited, they had told them that.”

Sampson said he heard similar stories from recruits over the course of several years. The NCAA investigation began in 2001; OU did not receive the official notice of inquiry until May 2004.

Sampson, who took the Indiana job last month, is scheduled along with OU officials to meet with the NCAA committee on infractions committee on Friday in Park City, Utah. There, they will be questioned about allegations of more than 550 impermissible telephone calls to 17 recruits from 2000-04. According to transcripts of interviews obtained under terms of the state’s open records law, Sampson said Sutton approached him in an airport and informed him that then-assistant Ray Lopes had made an improper phone call to speak to juniors in a hotel room during a summer tournament.

Sampson also said then-SMU coach Mike Dement had informed him of a rules violation involving then-OU assistant Jim Shaw.

Eddie Sutton, who has taken a leave of absence while facing DUI charges related to a car accident, was not available for comment. But his son, OSU interim coach Sean Sutton, acknowledged his father’s conversation with Sampson.

“We had some concerns what was going on with some phone calls that had been going on during the summer,” Sean Sutton said Wednesday. “I know my dad had a conversation with Kelvin to address those concerns. We were told Kelvin was not aware of those things taking place, that he would address it and it would not be an issue in the future.”

Although Sampson said Eddie Sutton approached him only once, he said “Oklahoma State turned us in on a bunch of stuff, I know that.’ And he said OSU coaches routinely engaged in “negative recruiting” against OU, saying among other things, they told recruits OU was a football school and OSU was a basketball school.

Sean Sutton declined comment when asked if OSU turned OU in to the NCAA. He denied OSU coaches told recruits OU was going on probation - “We never said that,” he said - and said the OSU staff had not engaged in negative recruiting.

“That is not true,” Sean Sutton said. “One thing we believe in very strongly is we do not negative-recruit people. We have one of the best places in the country to go to school to play basketball... We never spend time downgrading other schools.”

Sean Sutton did say OSU sometimes would “show a recruit the facts.”

“But it’s more a positive about your school than a negative about another school,” Sean Sutton said. “When you have one of the best arenas in the country, win championships and have players in the NBA and good graduation rates, you want to showcase those things compared to other schools.”

Sampson told investigators OU coaches did not negatively recruit. And he said OSU was the only school that consistently negatively recruited.

“It’s only one school,” Sampson said. “It’s never Kansas. It’s never ... Texas ... O-State was the only one. The only thing I surmised out of that, well, who knows with those people."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerShark's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Oklahoman: Brokeback Cowboys Rat Out Sooners

Seriously, why would anyone go to OSU? Have you heard Sean speak? He sounds like one of Nicholas Cage's characters. I cannot see the dope dealers that OSU recruits putting up with that if something shoddy were not going on up there. It cannot be Eddie's pulling out his willy and urinating on public middle schools that draw them, though Byron Houston commented that is why he continues to be proud of his affiliation with the Brokebacks between probation appearances for his numerous felonious transgressions.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Taxman71's Avatar
    vCash

Another example of why the pukes are beneath us in every way. The penis envy of OU now extends to the Sutton family.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Sampson: OSU turned us in - The DO

This is merely one raison d'etre I hate these aggie c@cksckers and their legendary inferiority complex...

False indignance from an alchoholic hypocrite...the lady he ran into shOUld sue the drunk scumbag, osu and his car door head son just for being one of the ugliest human beings I have ever seen and whose pathetic replies in this article make me think even less of him than I did before

By George Schroeder and Mike Baldwin
    The Oklahoman

NORMAN - OU-OSU extended into the NCAA’s investigation of the Oklahoma basketball program.
    Reynolds asks out of letter of intent

Former Oklahoma coach Kelvin Sampson told NCAA investigators that Oklahoma State coach Eddie Sutton once called out Sampson for the actions of an assistant coach. And Sampson said he first had an inkling his program was under NCAA investigation when recruits said OSU coaches had told them that.

“Every kid that we were recruiting... Oklahoma State told them that we were going to be banned from this or put on probation for that if we were getting investigated,” Sampson told NCAA investigators during the second of four interviews. “Every kid that we recruited, they had told them that.”

Sampson said he heard similar stories from recruits over the course of several years. The NCAA investigation began in 2001; OU did not receive the official notice of inquiry until May 2004.

Sampson, who took the Indiana job last month, is scheduled along with OU officials to meet with the NCAA committee on infractions committee on Friday in Park City, Utah. There, they will be questioned about allegations of more than 550 impermissible telephone calls to 17 recruits from 2000-04. According to transcripts of interviews obtained under terms of the state’s open records law, Sampson said Sutton approached him in an airport and informed him that then-assistant Ray Lopes had made an improper phone call to speak to juniors in a hotel room during a summer tournament.

Sampson also said then-SMU coach Mike Dement had informed him of a rules violation involving then-OU assistant Jim Shaw.

Eddie Sutton, who has taken a leave of absence while facing DUI charges related to a car accident, was not available for comment. But his son, OSU interim coach Sean Sutton, acknowledged his father’s conversation with Sampson.

“We had some concerns what was going on with some phone calls that had been going on during the summer,” Sean Sutton said Wednesday. “I know my dad had a conversation with Kelvin to address those concerns. We were told Kelvin was not aware of those things taking place, that he would address it and it would not be an issue in the future.”

Although Sampson said Eddie Sutton approached him only once, he said “Oklahoma State turned us in on a bunch of stuff, I know that.’ And he said OSU coaches routinely engaged in “negative recruiting” against OU, saying among other things, they told recruits OU was a football school and OSU was a basketball school.

Sean Sutton declined comment when asked if OSU turned OU in to the NCAA. He denied OSU coaches told recruits OU was going on probation - “We never said that,” he said - and said the OSU staff had not engaged in negative recruiting.

“That is not true,” Sean Sutton said. “One thing we believe in very strongly is we do not negative-recruit people. We have one of the best places in the country to go to school to play basketball... We never spend time downgrading other schools.”

Sean Sutton did say OSU sometimes would “show a recruit the facts.”

“But it’s more a positive about your school than a negative about another school,” Sean Sutton said. “When you have one of the best arenas in the country, win championships and have players in the NBA and good graduation rates, you want to showcase those things compared to other schools.”

Sampson told investigators OU coaches did not negatively recruit. And he said OSU was the only school that consistently negatively recruited.

“It’s only one school,” Sampson said. “It’s never Kansas. It’s never ... Texas ... O-State was the only one. The only thing I surmised out of that, well, who knows with them people.
    The Road Goes on Forever and The Party Never Ends...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Newbomb Turk's Avatar
    vCash

I didn't really need another reason to hate the aggies.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sooner518's Avatar
    vCash

“When you have one of the best arenas in the country, win championships and ....
    wtf?

since 1970, they've won one outright conference championship and shared another.

vCash

Re: Sampson: OSU turned us in - The DO

The article did get one thing right OU is a football school and the other isn't

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

From another site...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

So, not only is eddie a drunk, he is a POS drunk.

And to think I actually liked the guy at one time. What an ***.

vCash

son of a btch. didnt texas tell on us with darrell royal on our football program. i think payback is a btch, and we should hire investigators to find sht on their programs.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash

Illegal phone calls. Ooooo boogey boogey boogey.
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I hate Aggy more than anyone or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I may be wrong but it seems as if we may have gone for a fake PAT once since I've been at Baylor. Although I may have just been drunk and playing Xbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Back off of Bob (Barry, Sr.). He's drank more beer, pissed more blood and banged more quiff than all of you numnut's put together.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

He's always been a piece of shiite. A drunk and a cheater. What could be better?
    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I may be wrong but it seems as if we may have gone for a fake PAT once since I've been at Baylor. Although I may have just been drunk and playing Xbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Back off of Bob (Barry, Sr.). He's drank more beer, pissed more blood and banged more quiff than all of you numnut's put together.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUstud
    He's always been a piece of shiite. A drunk and a cheater. What could be better?
    Okay, I'm sure I'm in the minority on this but does it seem strange to anyone else to call Sutton a cheater in a thread where he allegedly turned us in for........cheating?

I hate aggy as much as the next guy but I'm kind of thinking that if you don't want to get turned in for NCAA infractions, you might want to consider not committing them. Maybe it's just me.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

I can't believe the world of **** OU is in for some extra phone calls while Texas is buying houses and vehicles for parents of recruits and nobody gives a second thought about that. ****ing bull****.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDaugIn2000's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Sutton
    “When you have one of the best arenas in the country, win championships and have players in the NBA and good graduation rates, you want to showcase those things compared to other schools.”
    Can't.......stop......laughing.......

Quote Originally Posted by Sampson
    “It’s only one school,” Sampson said. “It’s never Kansas. It’s never ... Texas ... O-State was the only one. The only thing I surmised out of that, well, who knows with those people."

TEEEHEEEHEEEHEEE
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri's Coach Stein
    "When I heard Shaq had been traded, I was hoping it had been for the Paris twins because they are ridiculous," Stein joked. "They're probably the two toughest post players to guard in the country."
    CLICK HERE ----->http://www.myartvideo.com

OR HERE------>http://www.myartvideo.com/forums

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

Little know fact:

once worked as a fluffer on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.

I find nothing in this story suprising, except the fact that Sutton bothered to talk to Sampson at all.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member crawfish's Avatar
    vCash

Sutton obviously doesn't regard the laws against drunk driving as important enough to follow...not sure why he cares about phone calls.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Crimsontothecore's Avatar
    vCash

Not surprising at all. The phone calls were illegal...period, but what about head coaches drinking on campus? What about campus police helping a staggering-drunk coach get into his car and allowing him to drive away? What about all those assistants (Sean?) who were part of the cover-up? Oh...I forgot...osu did an investigation and found no wrong doing on the part of ANYONE! unbelievable. Just another illustration of how classless the "Jealous kid sisters" are.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Crimsontothecore's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by crawfish
    Sutton obviously doesn't regard the laws against drunk driving as important enough to follow...not sure why he cares about phone calls.
    TRIPLE-DOUBLE DITTO!!