party pooper
    vCash

grad/law student challenge

This one is mostly aimed at Homey, but really any of the students, grad, law or even undergrad, that post here can participate.

The challenge is:

Find a way to cite this paper in your thesis, dissertation, capstone, or any other piece of writing you produce.

Obviously, law and psych people will probably have an easier time finding an excuse to cite it than I will in my field of experimental high energy physics, but dammit, I'll try to bury it in the references section of my dissertation. I have over 150 so far, so that part shouldnt be hard...its the actual citing of it that is.

vCash

Re: grad/law student challenge

I don't think I can work this into my paper on the market demand for combines, maybe I could work into my operations paper in a very oblique way.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

I could do it pretty easily if i wanted to--re: media ethics/regulation/free speech/censorship type stuff. or even racier....techno-sexual fetishization.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member IronSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Not sure how that applies to biology or mechanics of materials, but it would certainly make for a more interesting paper than what I'm about to spit out after 4 months.

Brewmaster

vCash

I could get that in a paper. All it would take is a paper about church law prohibiting the tri-tone (The "Devil's Interval") from appearing in church music back in the middle ages. Relate it to modern-day sociological phenomena, and there you go: one good ****-paper citation.
    ... that's not food.

vCash

Citing that at Baylor=explusion.

party pooper
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor
    Citing that at Baylor=explusion.
    However, I bet you could get the papers author to represent you when you sue the school for billions. maybe even pro-bono.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ike
    This one is mostly aimed at Homey, but really any of the students, grad, law or even undergrad, that post here can participate.

The challenge is:

Find a way to cite this paper in your thesis, dissertation, capstone, or any other piece of writing you produce.

Obviously, law and psych people will probably have an easier time finding an excuse to cite it than I will in my field of experimental high energy physics, but dammit, I'll try to bury it in the references section of my dissertation. I have over 150 so far, so that part shouldnt be hard...its the actual citing of it that is.
    Sorry Ike. While it is an amusing idea, I can't, I'm Baptist.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Hatfield's Avatar
    vCash

i like U2...does that make me pro bono?
    In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 49r's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hatfield
    i like U2...does that make me pro bono?
    maybe, but then again it wouldn't necessarily preclude you from being anti-bono either, I suppose.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Always wear a helmet when you ski.
    - Sonny Bono
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes