Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BASSooner's Avatar
    vCash

ludicrous statement from whorn board

YourBrainOnDrugs:

I'm sure they're are alot of detailed analysis of strengths and weaknesses out there, but there exists one tried and true predictor, the team that runs the ball the best, wins the RRS.
    The biggest reason for OU's success '00 to '04 was not some mystic voodoo curse, it was because Texas couldn't run the ball and OU could. We failed to run the ball, failed to control the clock and failed to win the battle of field position.
    My football knowledge isn't unlimited, but I do know one thing. Teams that lose 4 starters off an already bad offensive line don't magically improve over night. OU fans seem to think that Peterson will be able to break 12 tackles every play.
    Texas has a better oline, and while no single back we have is better then Peterson, our depth and combined talent is superior. The team that runs the ball the best will almost always win the RRS. OU's success against us was a product of a superior running game, nothing more and nothing less. Texas has the far superior oline, better depth at RB. We'll win because we can run the ball, and OU won't be able to.
    From '98 to 2006 the team that ran it better won the RRS every single time, and I'm sure if you go back farther you'll find similiar results throughout the RRS.
    This guy's sn should've been MyBrainOnDrugs. I just about fell on the floor laughing when I read this statement. Although upon reading this, this guy missed one HUGE thing. Anyone tell me what it is?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BOOMERBRADLEY's Avatar
    vCash

Re: ludicrous statement from whorn board

Well.....in the 65-13 game a few td's were thrown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member XingTheRubicon's Avatar
    vCash

that Texas won't have a 6'5" cheetah spreading out the defensive assignments?

....and now please direct your attention to the field and J. Clayton Feaver will lead us in a moment of prayer...

"......please protect these young men from injury and for one and all to exhibit good sportsmanship.....IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY AMEN

-J Clayton Feaver

Enjoy

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 NickZeppelin's Avatar
    vCash

Some of his points are right. Run game has been the difference. I'm still not 100% sure we can run it on Texas this fall. It's a younger OLine then we had last year.

vCash

Well...I noticed that he never talked about defense....

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

We are going to run all over them because if they Stack the Box just throw it up to one of 3-4 6-4/6-5 recievers or a 6-7 tightend/Slot. If they cover that slant Jauquin behind a linebacker for an 80 yard touch....

Butt Boy Mccoy and Snead- are going to get killed- and they will not just be able to hand the ball off- I don't think they will be able to make the throws and reads they will have to make and will likely get picked 5 times if they get down early..

We are going to be f'n sick - trust me!

vCash

I'll say this. saxet will rely heavily on their running game for production. Throwing against OUr secondary with a brand new QB is complete suicide but they may have a chance with short passes.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BOOMERBRADLEY's Avatar
    vCash

I'm calling it....

We pick two passes off

Sooner Starter
    vCash

If they establish the run early, we probably will only get one or maybe two interceptions. If they have trouble however, I say we pick three or four and recover a fumble or two.
    "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
    Romans 5:8

vCash

Texas won't likely move it on us at all. Our offensive line is still a question mark. They did look better in the spring but they still weren't tested in the ground game.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

He might be right about the offensive line since I'm not sold on our offensive line. But I don't think of any of the Texas runningbacks will run on OU. Should be an interesting game.
    7 Time National Champions, 42 Time Conference Champions, most Orange Bowl wins and appearances of all time, 5 Heisman Trophy Winners. That's Oklahoma Football for you!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CatfishSooner's Avatar
    vCash

AD will have 200 yards even if he does have to break a dozen tackles every run....
    Wakey Wakey Eggs & Bakey...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Big Red Ron's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BASSooner
    This guy's sn should've been MyBrainOnDrugs. I just about fell on the floor laughing when I read this statement. Although upon reading this, this guy missed one HUGE thing. Anyone tell me what it is?
    Uhm. our O-line doesn't play against their O-line?
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,
    a thousand victories. - Sun Tzu (500 B.C.)

vCash

Arnt ALL whorn statements " ludicrous " ?
    Just askin
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 bigdsooner's Avatar
    vCash

i just remember that they're whorn fans and that they cant help being fu**in stupid

1991SOONER

Quote Originally Posted by bigdsooner
    i just remember that they're whorn fans and that they cant help being fu**in stupid

They're up there when talking about delusional fans. I'm glad they are talking so soon. Shows that they are scared. I admit it, I've gone over to their boards and checked out what they have to say. They are not breathing a word about our defense and thats what is scaring them. Our D will be rock solid. The RRS this year will be won by the D.

vCash

Last time I checked, the years we had a good defense, we beat them

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash

We ran the ball in 2000, 2001, and 2002? Huh. I don't remember that. Well, maybe in 2002, but it's a little foggy.

I am also not convinced that they have the better overall backfield, as that poster said.

Our RBs include: AD, Allen Patrick, DeMarco Murray, Moses Madu, and Jacob Guitierez. The potential is fantastic, but yes, these guys are largely unknown quantities. I am sure there are others that I am not naming that are in the lineup as well. These guys look pretty damned good to me and I look forward to seeing what they have to offer on the field.
    Last edited by Jason White's Third Knee; 4/18/2006 at 12:11 AM.
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.

vCash

Against Texas we had 6 rushing TDs in that game. And about 100 yards rushing. Texas had -6. In 2001 our yards weren't that good but our only TD offensively was off a option play. I think Jason had about 30 or 40 yards rushing that game also. Q didn't have a good game outside of that TD.

Q had 248 yards rushing against Texas his senior year. Which is 2nd all time by a Sooner in that game. Parker is first with 291.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by NickZeppelin
    Against Texas we had 6 rushing TDs in that game. And about 100 yards rushing. Texas had -6. In 2001 our yards weren't that good but our only TD offensively was off a option play. I think Jason had about 30 or 40 yards rushing that game also. Q didn't have a good game outside of that TD.

Q had 248 yards rushing against Texas his senior year. Which is 2nd all time by a Sooner in that game. Parker is first with 291.
    Q's senior year was spectacular, but until that time, I was kinda thinking we should have benched him. I was really glad to be wrong about that. Until that time, our running game was very suspect. I will say that the shuttle passes to Q were pretty much an adaptation of the running game and that seemed to work pretty well. I was really tired of watching those telegraphed passes to the flat get tipped or picked. I wanted more running. We eventually got it.

The 6 rushing td's were fun, but as I recall, the majority were just punching it in.

I remember Parker having the game of his life against texas and everyone was talking aobut how great Ricky Williams was after the game. Parker outrushed him by 5 or 6 yards and had a LONG assed run called back. Dangit.
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.