Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Screw Kelvin Sampson

The JUCO comment pushes me over the edge. I now officially am on record as not liking him.
    The human torch was denied a bank loan.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Screw Kelvin Sampson

I'll make a note of that.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUGreg723's Avatar
    vCash

I'm with you there. That JUCO comment was uncalled for. Maybe it was him who couldnt recruit. And when he finally lands some great players he bails on em'.

I'm soooo over Kelvin. Coach Capel any day of the week.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

guess i missed something. what was said

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

It's cool when Stoops staff brought over recruits, but NOBODY should take one of ours.

Seem like Kelvin brought Nate Erdman with him when he came also. I bet we hated that.

vCash

Here you go Martin--

From William Brasky:

KS on his thoughts of recruiting JUCO players to IU:
    "I don't think you have to at Indiana."

What does he do? His first signee is a JUCO guy he was recruiting to possibly come to OU: Mike White, 6'6" Power Forward from a JUCO in Texas.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

yeah, my bad, I went back and looked and got caught up..
    I'm getting more pumped having coach Capel!

vCash

No doubt.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Stanley1's Avatar
    vCash

If you guys don't see the truth in his statement, you are blind.

vCash

That ****es me off too, and I have always liked KS. I hope we get a blue chip out of Indiana next year. . . and then we can see what he says.

vCash

WTF

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...rdp/index.html
    ???.you dont have to do that here?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

While I'll agree that his statement was pretty silly... why does this **** us off? I mean, it's not like the kid had committed, right? He was a Sampson recruit, and now Sampson is at IU. Now, if he stole some that had already committed, that would be low, considering he's already leaving us with probation.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Newbomb Turk's Avatar
    vCash

He's been at IU for about two weeks. He sees a need for next year, so he gets a juco. What's he suppose to do?

Now if two years from now he's still recruiting jucos, then there's an issue with what he said.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okienole3's Avatar
    vCash

The only reason he had to recruit JUCOs here was to fill in for the HS guys that he ran off the team after two years.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Newbomb Turk
    He's been at IU for about two weeks. He sees a need for next year, so he gets a juco. What's he suppose to do?

Now if two years from now he's still recruiting jucos, then there's an issue with what he said.
    Xactly. I didn't hear him promise he would never sign a Juco. If every recruit he signs is a Juco it doesn't bother me.

I'm just waiting for the phone bill....

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

As I hear more and more of these comments from you all, and as I learn more about his contracts both here and there, I think he left for one reason:

the fan support.

The university bent over backwards to encourage students to come - front sections at midcourt on both sides.

The university started offering incentives for using season tickets (which pretty much means MEN'S BASKETBALL)

Despite this, the only games that were full were the in-conference rivals. Plus, I have a hunch that he has somehow heard about the "Calvin Simpson" thing... and not laughed, but rather, thrown a chair a la Big 12 Championship halftime speech.

It must have taken a toll on him to the point of going to a place with less pay, worse facilities and no star recruiting class that he must have worked his butt off to get (...either convincing them to come here, or convincing donors to write checks... but I'm not sure. Nothing's beyond a guy about to get sanctioned, right?)

And now, the fans up there are shunning him. If you haven't seen it yet, this site is a gem:

firekelvinsampson.com

I feel bad for the guy, but on the other hand, I can't feel bad for somebody about to make $1.1 million this year (and $1.8 mil last season).

So, I guess I'm torn - but, I think it's clear that he left because of the fan support. It's the one thing that is consistent. Kelvin wins 20 games or maybe he wins 25. He draws good JUCO stars... or maybe he'll go for HS recruits. He throws off his suit coat when he gets angry at Big 12 refs... but then sometimes he throws off his tie. He blows "easy wins," or maybe he'll just win by a point. However, one thing is consistent - FIRE CALVIN SIMPSON.

Like I said, check out the site. It's funny.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

As I hear more and more of these comments from you all, and as I learn more about his contracts both here and there, I think he left for one reason:

the fan support.

The university bent over backwards to encourage students to come - front sections at midcourt on both sides.

The university started offering incentives for using season tickets (which pretty much means MEN'S BASKETBALL)

Despite this, the only games that were full were the in-conference rivals. Plus, I have a hunch that he has somehow heard about the "Calvin Simpson" thing... and not laughed, but rather, thrown a chair a la Big 12 Championship halftime speech.

It must have taken a toll on him to the point of going to a place with less pay, worse facilities and no star recruiting class that he must have worked his butt off to get (...either convincing them to come here, or convincing donors to write checks... but I'm not sure. Nothing's beyond a guy about to get sanctioned, right?)

And now, the fans up there are shunning him. If you haven't seen it yet, this site is a gem:

firekelvinsampson.com

I feel bad for the guy, but on the other hand, I can't feel bad for somebody about to make $1.1 million this year (and $1.8 mil last season).

So, I guess I'm torn - but, I think it's clear that he left because of the fan support. It's the one thing that is consistent. Kelvin wins 20 games or maybe he wins 25. He draws good JUCO stars... or maybe he'll go for HS recruits. He throws off his suit coat when he gets angry at Big 12 refs... but then sometimes he throws off his tie. He blows "easy wins," or maybe he'll just win by a point. However, one thing is consistent - FIRE CALVIN SIMPSON.

Like I said, check out the site. It's funny.
    With these guilt trips, you're going to be a good mother.

Really, I think it has more to do with him just wanting to move on. He had a frustrating year with bad seniors, probation, bad media attention, and the restless fans as always.

As for the "The fans only show for conference rivals" we both saw how many showed for the KState game, and that game was supposed to stink.

In the end, there's only one guy who really knows why he left.
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

vCash

...........who cares hes gone--I was ****ed, but if he doesnt want to be part of Oklahoma--so be it. He has moved on, and so has the university.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

All I know is that excitement for OU basketball seems to be higher now than anytime outside of the Final Four under Calvin.
    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I may be wrong but it seems as if we may have gone for a fake PAT once since I've been at Baylor. Although I may have just been drunk and playing Xbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Back off of Bob (Barry, Sr.). He's drank more beer, pissed more blood and banged more quiff than all of you numnut's put together.

He realized it was time to move on. The Sampson era had run its course. He lost control of his players and he lost many of the fans. It seemed like from a recruiting standpoint, he was always in a crisis mode. Walker is a good example. You can't build a successful long term program relying on juco players. They won't put up with that kind of recruiting nonsense at Indiana. He's going to find out what real expectations are at IU. The media won't give him the softball treatment and they won't be his good buddy like the clowns in OKC. They actually have legitimate sports journalism up in that part of the world.

We are fortunate to get a young guy like Capel. I'm looking forward to JC taking us to the next level beyond first round losses in the tourny. Thank goodness the Sampson era is over. Thank you Indiana for taking him off of our hands. Let the Capel era begin.