Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-World
    vCash

State Farm Insurance!

Okay, got me some hail damage on siding and roof. call up my insurance and they tell me to get the estimates and turn them in. got em and turned them in. get a call back and was told an adjuster would be out next week. fine. but then she proceeds to pretty much read me the riot act about the depreciation of the roof and my deductable and how detailed the adjuster is gonna be on what needs fixed yet they will probably only cover about 1/5 the expense in the end. if that much.. I've had state farm for my cars for 15 years and on this house we just bought. I've had 2 claims on my cars for a windshield and a rear bumper from a wreck. they never let me pick who I want to do the work. I think I've had it with em.

Like a good neighbor my ***.

I've seen other insurance companies out driving around looking over their clients houses and I have to do all the work and then wait for a week to get an adjuster.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Hamhock's Avatar
    vCash

Re: State Farm Insurance!

Quote Originally Posted by oumartin
    they never let me pick who I want to do the work. .

I think this is called "steering" and is against the law.
    heh.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sooner n houston's Avatar
    vCash

Get ready to fight the ********!!! I had roof damage during Rita, it took me 4 months to get SF to pay for my roof etc. They finally did but I had to fight them all the way. They initally offered me $1,800. I finally setted for $10,500.

Do you have replacement coverage on your house? Very important. Read you policy and see. If you have replacement damage, which everyone should, they have to pay replacement cost - no depreciation.

Don't let them pay you to "patch" damage. If you get a contractor to work with you, he can wright letters explaining why patching is not workable. Also if it will make your house look bad don't accept patch work.

My brother is still fighting them over damage to his lake house on Lake Livingston.
    "You learn so much from a loss like this," Ash said. "You learn what it takes to play at the level Oklahoma plays."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

I thought SF had some sort of 'hail clause' that said something to the effect that you're liable for 10% of the repair/replacement cost.

I vaguely remember something about that with my policy.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

no, its a cash value

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Hamhock's Avatar
    vCash

I'm pretty sure Allstate now has a separate roof/hail deductible.

Pretty soon, they won't actually cover anything.
    heh.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

if I'm out 2500-3000 I will not complain.. the roof is 7,000 to replace and the siding is 700.00.

SF is the succ. Back in high school my whole family had SF. Being young and naive, I let a friend drive my car. He hydroplaned and took out the bedroom of a neighbors house. No one was hurt. After the dust settled, SF cancelled me, my mom, brother, sister, ex-stepdad and my friend who also had SF. Some years later, still no accidents from myself, I met and married. Guess what? My wife had SF. Guess what else? Not long after they found out, they dropped her like yesterday's Duke stripper! Whenever I hear that damn jingle, I want to shoot something!!

Sooner All-World
    vCash

well, i've spent the last hour checking into new insurance

state farm's name is **** in the katrina affected areas.....

they are in deep doodoo and headed for some nasty bad faith law suits

Sooner All-World
    vCash

sounds like yet another good reason to find other insurance..

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 handcrafted's Avatar
    vCash

Just stay away from Allstate. They're worse than SF.

I happen to have SF homeowners (I refuse to have my auto policy with them). The house is replacement cost but the roof is cash value because they woudn't insure it replacment because a shingle was discovered to be broken during the pre-mortgage inspection.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by handcrafted
    I happen to have SF homeowners (I refuse to have my auto policy with them).
    Do you hate saving money?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mjcpr
    Do you hate saving money?
    No, I love saving money, which is why I have my auto through Progressive, thereby maintaining my premiums at about $400 per year lower than SF quoted me.

Just stay away from Allstate. They're worse than SF.

I happen to have SF homeowners (I refuse to have my auto policy with them). The house is replacement cost but the roof is cash value because they woudn't insure it replacment because a shingle was discovered to be broken during the pre-mortgage inspection.
    actually allstate has rehabilitated their image with their handling of the katrina claims........they're paying where the others are not

vCash

No, I love saving money, which is why I have my auto through Progressive, thereby maintaining my premiums at about $400 per year lower than SF quoted me.
    Usually you get a discount on your policies when you have multiple policies with the same carrier.......that's why I asked. Multi-line(?) I think it's called.

i have farmers at the house and USAA with the car

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mjcpr
    Usually you get a discount on your policies when you have multiple policies with the same carrier.......that's why I asked. Multi-line(?) I think it's called.
    You do. Except that SF's multi-line discount quote is still $400 higher.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    i have farmers at the house and USAA with the car
    My wife had a claim with USAA last year. They were pretty much jerks about the whole thing, though they did end up paying.

vCash

You do. Except that SF's multi-line discount quote is still $400 higher.
    Hmmm.....I haven't done it in a while but the last time I shopped insurance, State Farm was always cheaper. I had Farmer's for a while but the agent I had in Tulsa was freakin' moron so I went back to SF.