Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 NickZeppelin's Avatar
    vCash

Opinions on the Spring Game?

QB-Neither QB played that well. But Bomar was the better QB by far. He still made a lot of bad decisions but he looked better in the 2nd half. It's really tough to judge the QBs against those corners. Our corners are becoming more and more of a strength.

RBs-I wish they could have just made it to not tackle AD instead of the touch treatment he got. It would have made it more fun. Patrick had a couple impressive runs.

WRs-Paul Thompson was impressive. Outside of that the WRs weren't all that good. Strong dropped atleast 3 or 4 balls maybe more. Malcolm Kelly and Iglaseas were rarely thrown to. Although Iglaseas had that impressive catch. I think Johnson had a coach also. Outside of that I don't remember much. It'll be tough with all those young recievers. Hopefully they can step up in the fall.

TEs-Not enough to really judge from. The restrictions against AD didn't allow to see much of the outside blocking. It looked like most of Patrick's runs were in between the tackles so you can't tell how good the TEs are blocking. I don't remember any catches from the TEs.

OL-They were pretty impressive for a spring game. You are gonna allow a lot of sacks in a spring game only because it's touch football out there. But I thought they held their own much of the game. That may not say much about our DLine right now. But the QBs seemed to have quite a bit of time a lot today even on some of the "sacks"

DL-The Ends are awesome but we all know that. They were helped a lot by the QBs wearing the blue. The Tackles worry me a bit. Bennett was pretty good but outside of that I was underwelmed at tackle. I know we get Pendelton back during the fall. And we'll see how good McCoy is but the DTs overall weren't that good.

LBs-I don't think Alexander played for most of the game but the LBs still played well. Pleasant led the way with the INT and some good hits. He was the most impressive guy out there. I was eager to see Reynolds but he didn't seem to have his name called as much as I thought he would. Lofton played well.

DBs-Reggie Smith was the most impressive player on the field. He did get the phantom interference call and he fumbled a punt return but he was impressive. Even on the Paul Thompson catch he defended that one as well as anyone could. Wolfe made some good tackles also. I don't think he did anything bad in coverage. Bowers made a couple good players at corner to. So did Holmes. He was in the right place at the right time for the game TD that put the game away but he looks comfortable at DB. Nic Harris had a great game at safety. He had the 2 INTs. I wasn't really too impressed by the other safeties as much. Williams was in a bad position.

Kicking game-Hartley has a leg but he still needs to work on his accuracy. I liked Knall as a punter. I don't think we'll miss Freeby much.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Opinions on the Spring Game?

I couldnt wait to get home to see what nick thought

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

I thought the DTs played pretty well. Only once in a while do you get someone that is a true monster at that position. Maybe Granger or McCoy will step into that. They held the inside pretty well and tied up the pass blocking to free up the LBs and DEs.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by oufan1
    I couldnt wait to get home to see what nick thought

Actually Nick has a pretty fair assessment of it all. No gloom and doom we're all gonna die crap.
    posse member

other than Bomar looked worse in the 2nd than the 1st!

Reggie is a stud and will lock down one side of the field and, the oline was really impressive they had to play the entire game! I was very impressed the all aspects except the punting and the dropped balls. If Strong learns how to catch he will be good, was open every time.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 NickZeppelin's Avatar
    vCash

Bomar looked a bit more under control in the 2nd half. Outside of the TD in the first half he didn't look that good in the first half. I thought Halzle got worse as the game went on but he seemed confident atleast. He's a capable backup. This might be the first time since 2000 that we don't really want to see the backup over the starter.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

hold up there nick****!

kelly and inglesias we know what they can do. It was obvious they were working to get the young guys more looks today..

Bomar looked like he did last fall before the improvments IMO.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Newbomb Turk's Avatar
    vCash

My impression of the spring game is that it is what it is...a scrimmage.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Newbomb Turk
    My impression of the spring game is that it is what it is...a scrimmage.
    Sheeet! That didn't count?
    posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Newbomb Turk's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Flagstaffsooner
    Sheeet! That didn't count?
    Well, you can count it. Just like Bob could change the score during that scrimmage.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Newbomb Turk
    Well, you can count it. Just like Bob could change the score during that scrimmage.
    During the season that is a power that only Big XII refs from Lubbock have.
    posse member

Bomar looked pretty decent out there, Halzle didn't look that good. He was off target with most of his throws.

vCash

The funny thing is no matter which side of the ball you think didn't do well...

They are playing against OUr team.

So if one side didn't look great...that's because the otherside of the ball did.

Enjoy some damn football folks...

We have a long wait till fall ball starts...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup

We have a long wait till fall ball starts...
    Yup September 2
    posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

I thought it was a very encouraging performance, in all aspects, with the possible exception of punting....

vCash

It was good to watch some football on a Saturday for a change.

Other than what's been said so far...

-I thought Bomar looked a little green in the 2nd half, but started the first half pretty sharp.

-I don't know what plays were called so this may be a reach. It seems that RB still doesn't check very far past the first receiver. Halze is willing to get rid of the ball, but maybe too quickly.

-We had a couple problems with high or mishandled snaps. That worries me.

-A couple of times we either didn't get set before the snap (offense) and once a wideout looked to be lined up offsides.

-Both sides of the ball look they they are getting to the line and lining up more quickly than in recent years. I've worried about our defense seeming to be way out of position at the start of the play in the past and I'm still convinced that this made us vulnerable to some big play exploitation.

-Some new difference makers are emerging:
    Allen Patrick, Reggie Smith, and Demarrio Pleasant were bright spots.

-I had a hard time telling much about the O line. On one play they would pass block very well and the next get beat, especially by the ends.

-Same thing with interior D line. I didn't see much penetration in the middle and on the few occasions we tried to run inside it seemed that they were pushed aside too easily. Maybe our O line is better'n I thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill
    You go Boy trying to follow your logic here Is like chasin a chicken .

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SCOUT's Avatar
    vCash

My daughter had a soccer game today so I missed the game. Anyone know if they are going to rebroadcast it?

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

they are going to rebroadcast on espnu...whatever it is

knall concerns me....coach must be concerned too..said he going to bring a couple of guys in to try out i guess.. center-qb exchange problem made me throw up in my mouth a little....290 % better than last years game....i think the safeties are better this year..15 dollars for 2 baby pizzas and a coke....not so great.....no one got hurt which is nice...it only takes dusty d 3 bites to eat a cheeseburger from o connells..

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 toast's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SCOUT
    My daughter had a soccer game today so I missed the game. Anyone know if they are going to rebroadcast it?

ESPNU Sunday morning at 8:00 or 9:00 and Monday evening at 10:00 p.m. I believe.

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

sunday at 9 am