Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

I know someone who won't be getting a Couric Christmas party invite this year

I love old people. Like little kids, they speak the truth despite any attendant consequences.

Andy Rooney to Katie: Welcome to CBS, Now Get Out
    Posted by Brian Boyd on April 5, 2006 - 12:17.

In an appearance today on "Imus in the Morning," Andy Rooney quickly turned down the temperature in the CBS newsroom.

Don Imus: "So what do you think of these changes at CBS News?"

Andy Rooney: "I’m not enthusiastic about it. I think everybody likes Katie Couric, I mean how can you not like Katie Couric. But, I don’t know anybody at CBS News who is pleased that she’s coming here."
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

Re: I know someone who won't be getting a Couric Christmas party invite this year

Well, I can't imagine the old schoolers in the news room- Safer et al, being too positive about Moonves latest ratings grabber idea.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

3. 4/6/2006, 04:18 AM

vCash

Re: I know someone who won't be getting a Couric Christmas party invite this year

Her tiny cuteness has worn out. She'll do ok until people realize the details are all they need after work. Unfortunately, the evening "news" could become the equivalent of the morning fluff shows; full of intimate interviews with people who's life and misfortune don't personally effect anyone watching. This is exactly the direction news is headed. Sensational, ain't it?

If it works, Katie, bar the door.
    Last edited by 12; 4/6/2006 at 06:18 AM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 12
    Her tiny cuteness has worn out. She'll do ok until people realize the details are all they need after work. Unfortunately, the evening "news" could become the equivalent of the morning fluff shows; full of intimate interviews with people who's life and misfortune don't personally effect anyone watching. This is exactly the direction news is headed. Sensational, ain't it?

Could she become the white Oprah?
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

But I hear she's been working on her "serious & concerned" face.
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jeremy885's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jaux
    Shiefer took the high road even tho he got screwed.
    IMO, Rooney is an asspot old curmudgeon kinda like me. I don't like me.
    I heard on NPR that Shiefer didn't want the job and was fine with being a temp until they found someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetdigger
    Given that 90% + of the comments on this board are not serious, I think that the true error is to assume that someone IS serious when they make a comment. Rather, assuming they were NOT serious should be the bias. The fabric of the board is really not too complex

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Bob's Avatar
    vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy885
    I heard on NPR that Shiefer didn't want the job and was fine with being a temp until they found someone.
    Shiefer really hasn't been the same since his coverage of the Spanish American War.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member VeeJay's Avatar
    vCash

On the bright side, after the report of leading economic indicators and the probability of the feds moving the interest rates up another quarter of a percent, we'll be treated to a live make over session, or better yet, a camera team catching her next mammogram.
    Posse resident guru on police brutality, Lady Gaga and lawnmower repair parts

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BeetDigger's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jaux
    I don't like me.

Welcome to the club.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BeetDigger's Avatar
    vCash

What's CBS paying her? NBC was shelling out $16 million for her on Today. I understand that she's a real bitch to the people who work for her.

vCash

She might be difficult, but what other news personality will let us tour their colon?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member VeeJay's Avatar
    vCash

It would be awesome to get her to participate on the poop threads.

I bet she's been known to royally stink up the ladie's room outside Studio 1A at Rockefeller Plaza

No wonder Rooney don't want her over there.
    Posse resident guru on police brutality, Lady Gaga and lawnmower repair parts

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jeremy885's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BeetDigger
    What's CBS paying her? NBC was shelling out $16 million for her on Today. I understand that she's a real bitch to the people who work for her.
    She's making the same at CBS. From what NPR was saying, it sounded like she wanted the prestige of doing the nightly news over extra money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetdigger
    Given that 90% + of the comments on this board are not serious, I think that the true error is to assume that someone IS serious when they make a comment. Rather, assuming they were NOT serious should be the bias. The fabric of the board is really not too complex

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

I predict male America watching TV News after work will abandon CBS in droves and they will tank further into the third place they are currently in...

CBS had a deecent thing in Sheiffer (sp?). Vargas on ABC is no better.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OU Adonis's Avatar
    vCash

She might be difficult, but what other news personality will let us tour their colon?
    I dunno about news personality, but Richard Simmons will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley1
    Middle age is when high school chicks stop checking you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo
    Ones that big disgust me.
    http://www.myspace.com/ou_adonis

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Taxman71's Avatar
    vCash

Does anyone still watch the evening news anyway? Even if I were home by 6:00, I would not waste the remaining daylight hours watching something I can get 24/7 on 20 other channels or the internets. Especially, if the anchor is a smurf.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rooney
    Now don't get me wrong, I looove the ladies, I mean, they rev my engine! But they DON'T belong in the NEWS room!
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

The CBS News dept. is so depressing, even the local CBS station's local news here in PHX(ch 5) is perpetually on a downer.

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BeetDigger
    60K a night.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene