Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Delay is gone...

Very good news imo.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Re: Delay is gone...

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaTuba
    Very good news imo.
    Love the new avi OT. Is that Buckwheat or his little sis Farina?
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

Delay isn't gone.....

just late.

vCash

Well, he will be taking his time.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

I hear he procrastinates.

vCash

THANK GOD!
    That's one SOB down about 400 left to go.
    (I assume I can find at least 30 or so who are decent enough but that's a liberal number)

You can stand on it SeattleOUstudent's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sanantoniosooner
    Delay isn't gone.....

just late.

I think Im the only one that got that....but I did chuckle

party pooper
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor
    THANK GOD!
    That's one SOB down about 400 left to go.
    (I assume I can find at least 30 or so who are decent enough but that's a liberal number)
    I call fuzzy math.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

thank god, I was tired of that 5 second delay on all of that so called 'live' television programming
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

vCash

I'm quite surprised. just recently, it was announced he had a big lead in his district.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleOUstudent
    I think Im the only one that got that....but I did chuckle
    Why do you think you're the only one that got that joke? This isn't an aggy board, you know.
    Last edited by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!; 4/4/2006 at 01:26 AM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by william favor
    I'm quite surprised. just recently, it was announced he had a big lead in his district.
    He might just be taking one for the party. He's been an albatross around their necks these past few months, and the whole "culture of corruption" label/thing is hurting the Republicans a bit. Losing Delay can only help on election day '06.

And if you think about it, it's really not that much of a hit. You don't have to be an elected Congressman to be a powerbroker if you already have the people and connections in place like Delay does.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Vaevictis
    He might just be taking one for the party. He's been an albatross around their necks these past few months, and the whole "culture of corruption" label/thing is hurting the Republicans a bit. Losing Delay can only help on election day '06.

And if you think about it, it's really not that much of a hit. You don't have to be an elected Congressman to be a powerbroker if you already have the people and connections in place like Delay does.
    I'm just tired of the dims and their media smearing pubs and the pubs not having the ca*ones to take it(although I know I wouldn't want my own self to have to go through anything like the bull**** DeLay has had to deal with). I think you are right, that he got talked into or blackmailed into quitting. But,I honestly think the repubs would look stronger, and FARE BETTER if they didn't always make their people under attack quit their jobs. It's giving the dims what they want.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

But,I honestly think the repubs would look stronger, and FARE BETTER if they didn't always make their people under attack quit their jobs. It's giving the dims what they want.
    I hear you, but its the stand-up, grown-up thing to do. That matters to the GOP base. The other side just cites "vast right-wing conspiracy" or throws the race card. IMHO, that's why they aren't in power anymore.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

vCash

In keeping with the theme, it's a day late and a fortune short.

A "stand up guy doesn't go with the "it's legal and if it isn't, I was not involved" weak sauce defense.

Prosecutors charge the transfers were nothing more than a scheme to circumvent a Texas law banning corporate donations to political campaigns. But DeLay's attorneys have insisted the transfers were legal and that, even if they weren't, DeLay was not directly involved in making them
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/...ion/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill
    You go Boy trying to follow your logic here Is like chasin a chicken .

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

It's funny how the GOP jettison their problem children but the Democrats circle the wagons and fall on their swords for their corrupt politicians.

The GOP is a party of politicians in the classic sense....everyone looking out for their own self-interest. The Democratic Party, OTOH, reminds me of a cult.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sanantoniosooner
    Delay isn't gone.....

just late.
    I TRIED to ignore that. Oh, how I really, really tried.

You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

I'm glad. I would not have voted for him. Nor would I have voted for the dim running...I hope his strategery works in keeping the seat with the repubs...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet
    I'm glad. I would not have voted for him. Nor would I have voted for the dim running...I hope his strategery works in keeping the seat with the repubs...
    If I was in his district, I would have voted for him. It's pathetic that such a *rick as Ronnie Earl can so brazenly destroy someone by just charging them with something. I think the Republicans are fools here. They are just trying to silence the dims and their media, and SHOULD KNOW THAT SACRIFICING THE TARGET WON'T WORK. It never has before. In fact, this will embolden the dims. They will have a big victory party, and move on to destroy their next political target.

vCash

It's pathetic that such a *rick as Ronnie Earl can so brazenly destroy someone by just charging them with something.
    Yeah, and Marion Barry was just an innocent victim of The Man.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.