Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OU committ Dameion James reconsidering..

Just heard from his own mouth that he can change schools now if he decides to because of the coaching change. He said he would "more than likely stay" if OU was to hire Indiana's former coach Mike Davis. The 6'9 250 lb. All-American would be a huge loss if they don't choose wisely.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Re: OU committ Dameion James reconsidering..

if we hire Mike Davis, I'm never watching another OU game in my life.

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

no chit
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by eastxsooner
    Just heard from his own mouth that he can change schools now if he decides to because of the coaching change. He said he would "more than likely stay" if OU was to hire Indiana's former coach Mike Davis. The 6'9 250 lb. All-American would be a huge loss if they don't choose wisely.
    Not really. All the recruits have signed LOI's. The school would have to let them out of them. If they transfer, they have to sit a year.
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Gandalf_The_Grey's Avatar
    vCash

I am sure the NCAA would let them out because of the coach leaving, because it is kind of shady. I wouldn't blame the kid for wanting to go somewhere else. The kid didn't come to play at OU, he came to play for Sampson.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jimminy Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by King Crimson
    if we hire Mike Davis, I'm never watching another OU game in my life.
    No kidding.

James needs to get his head on straight.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf_The_Grey
    I am sure the NCAA would let them out because of the coach leaving, because it is kind of shady. I wouldn't blame the kid for wanting to go somewhere else. The kid didn't come to play at OU, he came to play for Sampson.
    this crap happens every year. you sign the LOI for the school, not the coach. they aren't going to let him out without making him sit out or got to juco for a year.

vCash

I don't think so. Anyone eles witha a better knowledge know?

I think they are stuck. The Baylor kids got a special reprive, but I don't think if your coach leaves, you can walk free. It happens too often.
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

vCash

the baylor kids got a reprieve because baylor was put on probation. you are free to leave without penalty when that happens. they also had a special big 12 ruling that allowed them to transfer within the conference without penalty that allowed pokey state to get to the final 4. at this juncture, we aren't being put on probation so that won't apply.

LOIs aren't administered by the NCAA, they are administered by a college association. they are pretty hard to break...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
    the baylor kids got a reprieve because baylor was put on probation. you are free to leave without penalty when that happens. they also had a special big 12 ruling that allowed them to transfer within the conference without penalty that allowed pokey state to get to the final 4. at this juncture, we aren't being put on probation so that won't apply.

LOIs aren't administered by the NCAA, they are administered by a college association. they are pretty hard to break...
    also lawrence roberts to mississippi state had a pretty big effect as well. how good would that baylor team have been...

there was talk last year of greg oden and mike conley being let out of tosu committments as well if their probation was.... anything more than the sweet nothings they received.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

Awesoministrator

vCash

this same story was posted by gdc this morning
    James, like Tony Crocker, Keith Clark, Jeremy Mayfield and McDonalds All-American Scottie Reynolds, signed national letters of intent with the Sooners. That binds them to OU for a scholarship year, unless the school agrees to release them from their agreement. If they decide to transfer, they would also lose eligibility.

Awesoministrator

vCash

gdc beat me to the punch himself.

vCash

Guess they are stuck. Woo hoo! Someone help me here, but was it Nate Erdmann that came with Sampson from WSU? I know he was a player and not a recruit, but I am assuming he had to sit out a year as well? Anyone think any players/recruits will follow Sampson to IU?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerlaw
    Guess they are stuck. Woo hoo! Someone help me here, but was it Nate Erdmann that came with Sampson from WSU? I know he was a player and not a recruit, but I am assuming he had to sit out a year as well? Anyone think any players/recruits will follow Sampson to IU?
    Nate was w/ Sampson at Wazzu, played here at Hutch for a year, & then transferred to OU.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

vCash

If they asked I think I would release them just because it isn't their fault this situation occurred and if they didn't want to be here, I wouldn't want to force them.

vCash

If they asked I think I would release them just because it isn't their fault this situation occurred and if they didn't want to be here, I wouldn't want to force them.
    the only thing the release does is allow them to get financial aid at their new school. they still have to sit out a year because once they signed that document the NCAA considers them to have attended with non-qualification the only way out.

vCash

What if you knew they were going to a team in your conference?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by eastxsooner

A couple things. 1. I would NEVER, repeat NEVER hire a head coach based on what a player, especially an incoming recruit wants. I really hope we get James but we aren't hiring Mike Davis and no player is worth tying the hands of the athletic dept 2. It is a non-issue until we get our new coach and we know if we get additional penalities because otherwise he would have to sit out a year. I'm more interested in what the recruits say AFTER we have a coach.

All that said, I think if the coach leaves the player that was recruited SHOULD be able to go. (with the exception that colleyville pointed out, not in the same conference).

We could of course under the same scenario get a transfer or two ourselves. Again, depends on the scholarship situation.

vCash

Cool, I did not know all of that JKM, learn something new everyday I wouldn't care if they went in conference, at this point I would be more willing to do the right thing.