Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner Benchwarmer soonermaticsam's Avatar
    vCash

Samspon throwing his team under the bus

KS was on the radio in Kansas City today, to me it sounded like he was blaming the players for the loss, he made several comments about how "it's a players game" and players have to do their job. I'm trying to get a transcript of the interview but I was pretty angry after hearing the interview, I know the players have to play but they gotta have a plan. If a team struggles with certain aspects of the game over most of the season is that because the players aren't performing or because the coach can't adjust or get his team to understand what he wants them to do? Every one has a bad night but our offense made me scratch my head every game. How many games this year did we have huge offensive droughts in? I just couldn't believe KS said the things he said, has anyone else heard similar things from KS recently?

Formerly OregonSooner PDXsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Samspon throwing his team under the bus

maybe he's right. at the end of the day it's hard for a coach to make a shot from the sideline.

however, calling players out is not normally considered classy.

How many years has Sampson been at OU?

And how many of his teams have underachieved?

Maybe it was the players......just sayin'

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CtheB's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonermaticsam
    KS was on the radio in Kansas City today, to me it sounded like he was blaming the players for the loss, he made several comments about how "it's a players game" and players have to do their job. I'm trying to get a transcript of the interview but I was pretty angry after hearing the interview, I know the players have to play but they gotta have a plan. If a team struggles with certain aspects of the game over most of the season is that because the players aren't performing or because the coach can't adjust or get his team to understand what he wants them to do? Every one has a bad night but our offense made me scratch my head every game. How many games this year did we have huge offensive droughts in? I just couldn't believe KS said the things he said, has anyone else heard similar things from KS recently?
    Well I distinctly remember last year that KS publicly blamed Lavender for all of the team's troubles midway through last season, then wondered why the kid felt so alienated afterwards.

That being said, as more starts to open up from inside the program, it sounds like the team and coaching staff were in complete dissension. It actually may be a good thing to "start over" with new faces, and I mean players.

check the Tramel Article thread I posted earlier. In the article there were a few "under the bus" type comments.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUGreg723's Avatar
    vCash

You guys are still talking about last season?? That was SOOO one week ago!

Quote Originally Posted by soonermaticsam
    I'm trying to get a transcript of the interview but I was pretty angry after hearing the interview
    I would like to see that transcript. If you find it, post it please. Thanks.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

Who in the world is Kelvin Sampson?
    I thought OU was coached by Calvin Simpson. and I want that guy fired.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Clearly, it is not his fault... To me that shows little class- he can call it a contradiction of words it is a players game and players have to do their jobs- what he really means is I can't manage players and they won't get excited about my system.

He should take some fault in this- if people want to believe we didn't have talent that is fine- if they want to believe the talent didn't want to play in Kelvins system- that is bad- if they players didn't understand their jobs that is bad, if they just did a bad job of understanding thier jobs- with the highest GPA we have ever had on the basketball team- that is a lie.

Sorry Kevlin- I see through your BS

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 chriscappel's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUGreg723
    You guys are still talking about last season?? That was SOOO one week ago!
    "Now I see this clearly. My whole life is pointed in one direction. There never has been a choice for me."

-Travis Bickle

BOYCOTT "I Am Legend"!!!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member RacerX's Avatar
    vCash

Thumbs up Re: Samspon throwing his team under the bus

Quote Originally Posted by CtheB
    Well I distinctly remember last year that KS publicly blamed Lavender for all of the team's troubles midway through last season, then wondered why the kid felt so alienated afterwards.

That being said, as more starts to open up from inside the program, it sounds like the team and coaching staff were in complete dissension. It actually may be a good thing to "start over" with new faces, and I mean players.
    Yeah, so coach has new players to alienate.

Good plan.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CtheB's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX
    Yeah, so coach has new players to alienate.

Good plan.
    Racer, I've been hard on KS for the past three months, and maybe its the fact that spring football has started , but I am starting to get in the "give him one more chance" camp. If he doesn't change for the kids coming in, IF they come in, then we can fully evaluate what he will and will not do.

Fair assessment?

Sooner All-World
    vCash

it doesn't matter what we want.
    he's here so we might as well get used to it. doesn't mean we can't pick on him.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Only if the next years worst case produces as many hot Coaches as this year! if not well we all know timing is everything!

Sooner All-World
    vCash

my concern is just that. OU will continue to get passed over and drop further back in the big 12.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDawg's Avatar
    vCash

Wait, so are you worried that if we wait a year, there might not be a coach as good as Sampson available?

Sooner All-World
    vCash

exactly.!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sooner518's Avatar
    vCash

maybe thats his way of saying that Terrell is an idiot for smoking weed.

vCash

I heard the team tried to throw Kelvin under the bus in retaliation, but they missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Declan McManus
    I heard the team tried to throw Kelvin under the bus in retaliation, but they missed.
    Then Kelvin held a press conference pointing out that the team doesn't have enough heart.