Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow!

vCash

So is the Meltdown overwith now?

It's just that we still have some good basketball coming up. It would be nice to not have every thead about the women's games pot-marked with posts about the men's team. Maybe we could change focus for a bit and support our team?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: So is the Meltdown overwith now?

I think once the women start playing, the sting of the men imploding will be put on the back burner, as it should be.
    Last edited by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!; 3/17/2006 at 08:33 PM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Im in- nobody likes misery- and that would help!

Sooner All-World
    vCash

i've decided the majority of so called OU basketball fans are happy with the state of the program so what the hell does it matter

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

Boomer fuggin Sooner

Let's kick some *** ladies!!!
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

SoonerFans.com Elite Member RacerX's Avatar
    vCash

I don't think there was melt down.

It wasn't necessary.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Octavian's Avatar
    vCash

I have real mixed feelings on Sampson.

It seems ludicrous to be calling for the head of the coach w/ the most wins in BigXII history...at the same time, you can't deny that Kelvin's teams are increasingly falling short of expectations and there has never been the same flare in the Sampson Era as there was w/ Billy Ball.

I want to win a national championship. I'm spoiled, I admit that. I'm starting to lean into the camp that believes OU basketball has gone as far as it will ever go under Kelvin.

That said, how many times did the majority say the same thing about a Roy Williams team? Or a Tom Osborne team? Bowden? Mack Brown? Who knows....but at this point, we seem to be in a slump.

Of course, none of that should take away from the ladies

My personal oppinion is: A little more than five months till football

vCash

I read somewhere Kelvin has made it past the first round three times in 12 tries. Any ideas why an otherwise solid coach has a tourney record like that?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by wishbonesooner
    I read somewhere Kelvin has made it past the first round three times in 12 tries. Any ideas why an otherwise solid coach has a tourney record like that?
    Self could in a few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I may be wrong but it seems as if we may have gone for a fake PAT once since I've been at Baylor. Although I may have just been drunk and playing Xbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Back off of Bob (Barry, Sr.). He's drank more beer, pissed more blood and banged more quiff than all of you numnut's put together.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Cause he can't develop an offense that can outwit a zone defense?

vCash

He's never really had a penetrate-and-score and / or kick-it-back-out quality point guard. The closest thing he's had to a dual-threat type guard has been Quannas White. In order to beat a zone you have to collapse a zone. It order to collapse a zone, you have to have the aforementioned point guard or a dominant post player that demands at least a double team.

Also, we've managed to play some pretty good teams early, and have some pretty bad luck against them. (like that cat biting Hollis Price in 2001) Kelvin is a great coach, and I think that, if we start looking to replace him, we'll be hard-pressed to find a better one that will leave where they already are.

Sweet 16. Elite 8. Final 4. USA Basketball medals. 3 Conference Championships.

How many other coaches 1) have that kind of resume, and 2) would leave their current job for Oklahoma...?

It's a short list. I can think of zero.

the_ouskull
    Skull=the most underrated poster in SoonerFans.com history. -- gdc, 09/05

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

My staff is getting tired of me making them read your posts. -- birddog, 10/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Big Red Ron's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by the_ouskull
    He's never really had a penetrate-and-score and / or kick-it-back-out quality point guard. The closest thing he's had to a dual-threat type guard has been Quannas White. In order to beat a zone you have to collapse a zone. It order to collapse a zone, you have to have the aforementioned point guard or a dominant post player that demands at least a double team.

Also, we've managed to play some pretty good teams early, and have some pretty bad luck against them. (like that cat biting Hollis Price in 2001) Kelvin is a great coach, and I think that, if we start looking to replace him, we'll be hard-pressed to find a better one that will leave where they already are.

Sweet 16. Elite 8. Final 4. USA Basketball medals. 3 Conference Championships.

How many other coaches 1) have that kind of resume, and 2) would leave their current job for Oklahoma...?

It's a short list. I can think of zero.

the_ouskull
    I think you over-estimate Kelvin and under-estimate our Program (Money, Conference & History).

BTW, Kelvin has one conference championship and he shared it with KU. Bill self managed to tie him in his first year, what took Kelvin elevin.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,
    a thousand victories. - Sun Tzu (500 B.C.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDawg's Avatar
    vCash

He doesn't.

1995 - 4 seed, lost in first round
    1996 - 10 seed, lost in first round
    1997 - 11 seed, lost in first round
    1998 - 11 seed, lost in OT first round
    1999 - 13 seed, made it to Sweet 16
    2000 - 3 seed, lost in second round
    2001 - 3 seed, lost in OT first round
    2002 - 2 seed, made it to Final Four
    2003 - 1 seed, made it to Elite Eight
    2004 - NIT
    2005 - 3 seed, lost in second round
    2006 - 6 seed, lost in first round

That's 5 times in 11 tries. Still not stellar, but better than 3 out of 12. Maybe you read "first weekend." That would be 3 out of 11.

vCash

Kelvin, has had 12 years to get it done at Oklahoma, after his final four year and an Elite 8, we should have had a spike in the program talent wise.

I see too many transfers- and Kelvin can only RAH RAH an overachieving team to play his style of ball- the stars I don't think he can coach them.

Whichata St. Coach is someone that will be making a move somewhere.

Or do you think Wichata St has better facilities and pays more money? or can recruit better kids to the MVC..

Sooner All-World
    vCash

boy, I sure hope we can keep Kelvin, I really want a coach here that obviously doesn't wanna be here.

Administrator
    vCash

Give it a ****ing rest martin.

And if you're not gonna post about the women, stay the **** outta this thread. Go play in all the other whining, gnashing of teeth, hate Kelvin threads please.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDaugIn2000's Avatar
    vCash

from soonersports.com about the WOMEN
    "On Monday, the Sooners will have their sights set on reaching the Sweet 16. A win would put OU into it fourth Sweet 16 and first since 2002. OU has reached the second round of the NCAA Tournament seven times in nine NCAA appearances. A Sweet 16 trip would be the Sooners fourth since the 2000."

just a nice little tidbit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri's Coach Stein
    "When I heard Shaq had been traded, I was hoping it had been for the Paris twins because they are ridiculous," Stein joked. "They're probably the two toughest post players to guard in the country."
    CLICK HERE ----->http://www.myartvideo.com

OR HERE------>http://www.myartvideo.com/forums