Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Do you take cell phone to movies?

On the news today movie owner's say cell phone's are the reason people won't go to movies.I think it's because they want 8 bucks to get in.They also want permission to block call's during show's.

Re: Do you take cell phone to movies?

i think its because they charge 4 bucks for 50 cents worth of coke.....

my guess is that the theatres make very little off ticket sales, and make up for it with the concessions

SoonerFans.com Elite Member mrowl's Avatar
    vCash

no, I just don't go to the movies.

vCash

What is this going to the movies you speak of?
    My kids rock the flock!

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

The biggest problems with theaters are:
    -the cost for what is craptastic product these days
    -the cost for high fructose corn syrup laden products
    -the other *******s that are talking each other, making comments, etc or talking on the phone
    -small children that have no business being at the movie I am watching- 5 year olds at ROTS for instance.
    -the smell
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Pieces Hit's Avatar
    vCash

PEOPLE TALKING AND TALKING ON CELL PHONES AND RETARDED PEOPLE MOANING AND BABIES CRYING AND PEOPLE KICKING MY WIFE'S SEAT AND MY WIFE COMPLAINING AND ME HAVNG TO DEAL WITH IT AND PEOPLE JUMPING THEATERS AND CHILDREN RUNNING AROUND AND CHILDREN DUMPED THERE WITHOUT SUPERVISION AND PUNKS ON DATES ARE A PROBLEM FOR ME.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

Yes, but I turn it off.

vCash

i'd love for them to block cell phones... if your calls are so important, rent out your own theater, Bruce

for concessions, i just don't buy their overpriced crap...

i fill up on cupcakes before i get there

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 ultimatesooner1's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    i think its because they charge 8 bucks for 10 cents worth of coke.....
    fixed
    ------------------------------------------------------

Therefore, as a result of their instate role as perennial losers in the series, the Cowboys have been consigned to the role of bridesmaid within the borders of the state for the past one hundred and two years, forcing them to relinquish the vast majority of the glory and fame to their rivals in Norman.

-Wann Smith

vCash

what in the hell did people do for emergency situations prior to cell phones?
    When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooneron
    The biggest problems with theaters are:
    -the cost for what is craptastic product these days
    -the cost for high fructose corn syrup laden products
    -the other *******s that are talking each other, making comments, etc or talking on the phone
    -small children that have no business being at the movie I am watching- 5 year olds at ROTS for instance.
    -the smell

This is why we wait for it to come out on PPV. Plus there have honestly been very few movies that i'm just dying to lay dow that kind of cash for. I'd rather take the wife out to a nice lunch or dinner and have a few drinks anyways.
    My kids rock the flock!

vCash

This entire issue is retarded -- movie theaters are entirely capable of blocking cell phone signals -- all they need to do is put some copper mesh in their walls.

Petitioning for permission from the gummint is assinine. There are no laws stating you can't insulate your building from EM radiation -- and said insulation would kill cell phones deader 'n hell.

They also wouldn't interfere with cell phones outside the theater (well, depending on which direction the towers were), or have any other unintended consequences. Legalizing jammers opens up jammers to the market in general - making it more likely we'll see them showing up where we don't want 'em.

Like hotels, which are already rumored by business travelers to employ 'em to force guests to use the hotel phones and their exorbinant charges.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Bob's Avatar
    vCash

We don't go to a ton of movies, but when we have been I can only think of one or two instances where someones phone went off. The first time the person quickly turned it off and then the second time it was this teenage chick who was sitting on the back row and answered her phone and talked the entire way out of the theater.

If we do go, we usually try and hit a matinee and I'll put my phone on vibrate, but usually ignore all calls.

As far as the super high priced refreshments . . . do your dates even carry purses? The bigger the better. I know you've all heard bottles/cans of pop being opened in the theater.

vCash

i've had a guy in our group answer his phone(not on vibrate) and have a conversation... twice in the same movie

we almost killed him

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 handcrafted's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by afs
    what in the hell did people do for emergency situations prior to cell phones?
    My wife called me on my work phone every 15 minutes to ask me a question, thus tying up the line. Now she calls me on the mobile.

Oh, wait. You said emergency.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

In the rare case I get to see a movie at the theater, I turn mine on silent, and if I get a call, I exit to talk. Happened twice during King Kong and I also sit where I can exit easily without disturbing others.

vCash

i am occaisionally on-call (2 weeks a month ) and i'll leave my phone on vibrate, i've only had to leave the theater once, luckily it was a movie i had already seen

turned out to be a bogus call though

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Taxman71's Avatar
    vCash

People who answer cellphones in movie theaters and golf courses should be shot for their blatant stupidity. You might as well answer the phone during sex (assuming it was good Angelina Jolie sex and not cardboard Jennifer Aniston sex).

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Taxman71
    People who answer cellphones in movie theaters and golf courses should be shot for their blatant stupidity. You might as well answer the phone during sex (assuming it was good Angelina Jolie sex and not cardboard Jennifer Aniston sex).
    Some of us have no life. I would only answer a call from someone I knew to be a possible emergency.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BeetDigger's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner_Bob
    We don't go to a ton of movies, but when we have been I can only think of one or two instances where someones phone went off.
    Same here. Most people have been very embarassed about it too. The younger the patron, the more likely they are to be

If we do go, we usually try and hit a matinee and I'll put my phone on vibrate, but usually ignore all calls.
    I do to. Besides being more courteous, it is also more fun.

As far as the super high priced refreshments . . . do your dates even carry purses? The bigger the better. I know you've all heard bottles/cans of pop being opened in the theater.
    Pop my butt.