Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

2 Questions Regarding The Latest Bomar Incident

Should the panther **** they sell at public events in Oklahoma even be considered beer?

If you were one of Bomar's parents how you would handle his latest faux paux?
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: 2 Questions Regarding The Latest Bomar Incident

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma
    If you were Bomar's parents how would handle his latest faux paux?
    Blame it on the coaching staff for making him compete with ENA for playing time during Spring practice.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

if i were his dad, i'd chew on his ear long and hard and tell him how close he is to ****ing away the opportunity of a lifetime.......then i'd shut up about it and never mention it again

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

I'd explain to him his responsibility as a public figure in Oklahoma and in the national media. I'd tell if he's going to have a cold one on occasion, do it in private and do it when it's legal. Don't drink and drive.
    I'd tell him it's ok to run out of bounds on occasion.
    I'd apologize again for naming him Rhett.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Hatfield's Avatar
    vCash

i guess i haven't heard anything about this.
    In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Pieces Hit's Avatar
    vCash

Why do you hate Brett Romar?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

My dad and I discussed this over the weekend. He thought Bomar should have been left alone. I reminded him that the QB is the team leader, and that Huepel, Hybl, and White were never caught in similar public situations.

My first semester of college, I got a minor in possession because I was sitting in a car with an empty beer bottle behind the passenger seat. But, I wasn't the QB at Oklahoma, so no one knew about it or cared. Sure, in the scheme of things it's no big deal. However, Bomar and all athletes in big time programs have to be aware that little things they do in public are going to be nitpicked.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Let's see...our most recent "Blue Chip" QB prospects have been Bomar (worrisome), Grady (gone), Rawls (enough said), and the dude that got arrested for breaking into a house and then told the police he was only trying to get his marijuana back. This is why recruiting is so overrated. I'd prefer "nobodies" like Heupel and White.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mdklatt
    Let's see...our most recent "Blue Chip" QB prospects have been Bomar (worrisome), Grady (gone), Rawls (enough said), and the dude that got arrested for breaking into a house and then told the police he was only trying to get his marijuana back. This is why recruiting is so overrated. I'd prefer "nobodies" like Heupel and White.
    White wasn't a nobody.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

It was a knuckleheaded entitled brat sort of thing to do.

Seriously.

Kid's a heck of a quarterback, don't get me wrong. But the event staff had warned him a couple of times ALREADY about it, and he just kept doing it.

I don't understand how alcohol becomes such a big part of someone's life that they just HAVE to have it everywhere they go. Drink a damn soda or some water.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by picasso
    White wasn't a nobody.
    Compared to Bomar, Grady, and Rawls he was, right?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

I wouldn't say that.....he chose between OU and Miami.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Pieces Hit's Avatar
    vCash

On the other hand, if the alcohol allows his bones to stay as flexible as last year, I'm all for it.

vCash

not sure, I'm no recruiting nerd but I know Miami U somehow found him in small town Tuttleville.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sooner
    It was a knuckleheaded entitled brat sort of thing to do.

Seriously.

Kid's a heck of a quarterback, don't get me wrong. But the event staff had warned him a couple of times ALREADY about it, and he just kept doing it.
    This is problem with giving young kids so much attention. First, every college is treating you like a king, and then once you get to campus things get even better for you--especially when you start winning games. Most people that age have no concept of consequences, and that's only magnified when you're BMOC.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mjcpr
    I wouldn't say that.....he chose between OU and Miami.
    I don't remember all the hype for White that there was for Grady and Bomar.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Hatfield's Avatar
    vCash

uhmmm/....what did he do
    In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

vCash

well you can't complain about getting high profile recruits. some pan out, some don't. I'd say Bomar is approaching his hype on the field.
    that Bradford kid we got in the latest class wasn't hyped too entirely much.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

White was being recruited by Miami, Florida State, and Tennessee. Huepel was the true diamond in the rough. Hybl and White were known entities and expected to do well no matter where they went.

Along the lines of what Frozen said, years ago Kim Mitchell would have told Bomar, might as well go for a soda, it's better than slander, it's better than lies.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 1stTimeCaller's Avatar
    vCash

To try to answer the first question it's pretty tricky in Oklahoma. I could be dead *** wrong here but I don't think I am. In OK 3.2% beer is by legal definition a non-intoxicating beverage. It's not 'non-alcoholic' but it is 'non-intoxicating'. I'm not sure how you can be charged with public intoxication when drinking a non-intoxicating beverage. The MIP I can see. Any of you legal beagles out there know and understand how that can be?
    one day