Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey OUThunder

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jerk's Avatar
    vCash

Hey OUThunder

You'll be sad to know that Oklahoma has a D- from the Brady Center.

Of course, you can move to Washington DC where they have a 'B.' The only reason they don't have an 'A' is because Congress can repeal all of their laws. Wouldn't you feel more safe there?

Oh....Just remember, Washington DC has a murder rate of 48 per 100,000.

Oklahoma has a murder rate of 5.3 per 100,000

http://www.bradycampaign.org/legislation/state/

Oklahoma

They don't have a similar page for D.C. I wonder why?

Just trying to help you out. Hell, I'll even drive the moving truck for you if you pay for the fuel.
    Last edited by Jerk; 3/12/2006 at 01:02 PM.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Fred Bastiat

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Hey OUThunder

yeah....bait much?
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

vCash

Heh, what a numbskull... I don't even live in Oklahoma.
    My kids rock the flock!

vCash

Where ever it is, as long as it's not here, dipsh*t.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Fred Bastiat

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Newbomb Turk's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jerk
    now that's not very nice.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BudSooner's Avatar
    vCash

W00t! Nachos with ketchup!!!!

Ooops, sorry, wrong thread.

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

I guess Thunder has something against a gun that fires 1800 rounds a second or something.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooneron
    I guess Thunder has something against a gun that fires 1800 rounds a second or something.

Not even close. Unregistered machine guns are already illegal, and new machine guns have been illegal since 1986.

Aimed rifle fire is much more deadly, anyway.
    - Fred Bastiat

vCash

Let me get this straight... You're driving a truck for a living while I have a Pharmacy and a Business degree hanging on the wall and i'm the dip****?

You are one funny beyonce!

BTW, Why don't you go play with one of your toys and hopefully it will go off accidently while you're cleaning it!
    My kids rock the flock!

vCash

Good for your degree. I have one, too- liberal arts- mostly history. I would never bring that up, though, only asswhipes like to brag about their credentials to win a debate- which, by the way, you've never answered my original post in Presidential Poll thread, nor have you made an argument as to why states with strict gun control have more crime, which is apparant to anyone who visits the Brady site and reads their state by state grades, and I even provided the link for you.

As for trucking, I enjoy it. I got into driving a truck because I couldn't take sitting in an office all day. I probably enjoy it alot more than I would sitting in a pharmacy all the time. If it gives you a sense of superiority, fine. It doesn't mean a flying f*** to me.

Back to the point: it is obvious you know nothing about firearms laws yet you advocate certain legislation (AWB) and you don't even know what it really did and what it was about. The feminine-like reaction you had with your cliche's and the insults really showed your lack of knowledge. What's next? Are you going to critique my spelling? All you know is guns=bad, but you have no depth in your thinking. Maybe some day you'll be stuck in a bad situation, like a robbery or a rape, and be totally defensless. I'd laugh my *** off, because no one would deserve it more.

btw- your more likely to die in a car accident than I am to have an accident with a gun.
    Last edited by Jerk; 3/12/2006 at 08:54 PM.
    - Fred Bastiat

vCash

Good for your degree. I have one, too- liberal arts- mostly history. I would never bring that up, though, only asswhipes like to brag about their credentials to win a debate- which, by the way, you've never answered my original post in Presidential Poll thread, nor have you made an argument as to why states with strict gun control have more crime, which is apparant to anyone who visits the Brady site and reads their state by state grades, and I even provided the link for you.

As for trucking, I enjoy it. I got into driving a truck because I couldn't take sitting in an office all day. I probably enjoy it alot more than I would sitting in a pharmacy all the time. If it gives you a sense of superiority, fine. It doesn't mean a flying f*** to me.

Back to the point: it is obvious you know nothing about firearms laws yet you advocate certain legislation (AWB) and you don't even know what it really did and what it was about. The feminine-like reaction you had with your cliche's and the insults really showed your lack of knowledge. What's next? Are you going to critique my spelling? All you know is guns=bad, but you have no depth in your thinking. Maybe some day you'll be stuck in a bad situation, like a robbery or a rape, and be totally defensless. I'd laugh my *** off, because no one would deserve it more.

btw- your more likely to die in a car accident than I am to have an accident with a gun.

Lid is the one that critiques spelling and grammar not me.

BTW, Mr. Liberal Arts (Degree for dumbasses) I own a handgun. My point was simply this: Why would anyone in the private sector need to own any type of firearm besides a handgun for self defense or a shotgun for hunting. The people buying anything more are probably trying to make up for small penis size and the fact that mommy didn't give them enough titty when they were a baby.

It seems that you may fall in the category of both.

BTW, do you drive a Frito Lay truck or Pepsi truck, because I could use a snack and something to drink.
    My kids rock the flock!

vCash

I drive a tanker truck, but anyway...

Thanks for finally coming around to debating your position, but you really need to stop obsessing about the size of my dick.

I hope you get the bird-flu when all those sick people come in your store needing medicine.
    - Fred Bastiat

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Newbomb Turk's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder
    Why would anyone in the private sector need to own any type of firearm besides a handgun for self defense or a shotgun for hunting.
    or a rifle.

and the answer to this is....?

Lid is the one that critiques spelling and grammar not me.

My point was simply this: Why would anyone in the private sector need to own any type of firearm besides a handgun for self defense or a shotgun for hunting. The people buying anything more are probably trying to make up for small penis size and the fact that mommy didn't give them enough titty when they were a baby.
    Maybe because it's my right as an American? The Constitution didn't need to be ammended or a Supreme Court decision made for that one.

But, while we're on the subject, why do people need to take so many pills? Pills and medicines can weaken the body's natural immune system and therefore making them a neccesity for life. Doctors should be regulated on what and when they can prescribe drugs. Just taking a contrary position that hits a little close to home for you, so don't get your panties in a wad.

Guns & God clinger-to'er.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BeetDigger's Avatar
    vCash

BTW, do you drive a Frito Lay truck or Pepsi truck, because I could use a snack and something to drink.

I am not getting into this debate. I just want to comment on that last line. Just fwiw, those people can make good money and they don't have to have a degree. I don't think that route drivers for Pepsi, Coke, Frito-Lay, Wonderbread,.... should be put down. I hope that is not your intention. They are hard working people who provide a necessary service. Where they stand on gun-control, I have no idea. Now, back to the thread at hand.....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    My take on this. At the time this was written we had no National Guard, no Coast Guard and certainly didn't have any sort of formal military. IMHO this provision was written in an effort to ensure that should a time arise that a militia or an army became necessary that the populace would be able to band together as it had during the American Revolution.

As the United States grew into a more solid, more established sovreign entity one of the biggest mistakes it evar made was not doing away with the 2nd amendment. Now it's untouchable.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Here's my take. When I can rest assured that a 911 call will result in a cop at my front door within 30 seconds, maybe then we can then talk about repealing the 2d amendment. Until then, its a non-starter. period.

Also, in every jurisdiction in this nation there are statutes that permit victims to defend their lives and those of their families with deadly force. Without gun ownership, just how are we supposed to do that? baseball bats? swords? kung fu? sheesh.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBorn68
    Maybe because it's my right as an American? The Constitution didn't need to be ammended or a Supreme Court decision made for that one.

But, while we're on the subject, why do people need to take so many pills? Pills and medicines can weaken the body's natural immune system and therefore making them a neccesity for life. Doctors should be regulated on what and when they can prescribe drugs. Just taking a contrary position that hits a little close to home for you, so don't get your panties in a wad.

When did I ever say that people should take tons of medication?

To steal a phrase from jk: READING COMPREHENSION
    My kids rock the flock!

vCash

PS. This thread cracks me up and the main reason why people hate political debate threads.
    My kids rock the flock!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMack
    My take on this. At the time this was written we had no National Guard, no Coast Guard and certainly didn't have any sort of formal military.
    Sorry...in 1789 when the Bill of Rights were ratified, every state had a militia analagous to the modern National Guard, the regular Army existed (since 1775 in fact) and so did the Navy, Marine Corps and the US Customs Service (the "afloat" portion of which was the Coast Guard.)

next?
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes