Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Drilling At A Rate Of 2.6fph

Let's see, at this rate...let me do the math really quick...713 feet to go...so that's 713/2.6...that's about 274 hrs...divide that into days...hmm, 11 days. OK, factor in 3 hrs of pump problems per day and at least one more trip costing 1 day...

Looks like I'm never going home!

Guns & God clinger-to'er.

party pooper
    vCash

Re: Drilling At A Rate Of 2.6fph

sounds like you are making an very nice ****in' hole there

lets hope it ain't all for naught.

(by the way, I was curious, what is the going rate of dry holes now in the ahl bidness? I know it used to be somewhat high, but I also know, first hand, how well seismic processing has improved, and I'm curious as to how that has translated into the rate of drilling dry holes)

Well, as far as bidness goes I've only been home for 20 days this year & the bosses have already told me not to make any plans soon...

I'm really not sure what the dry hole rate is but we track the gamma radiation to determine the different formations to get into the pay zones. There's also mudloggers on location to study the soil samples. In fact we just moved out of the zone they want to be in. We're having to steer the pipestring back up to get back into it...We're in the lateral & have steered into shale, that's why we're drilling so slow.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jerk's Avatar
    vCash

Where's your rig at?
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Fred Bastiat

I'm about 30 miles north of Pampa, TX.

Here's a pic I took from the webcam. The kids wanted to see what the rig looked like so I drove up the hill. As luck would have it my wife IM'd me & I still had a wireless signal so the kids got to see it on live video. They're impressed with the rig...I'm just bored with it. Notice the absolute nothingness that abounds.

This pic is from my trailer while they were tripping out (pulling all 9700 ft.) of the hole.

...and this is me, kinda, bored as hell in the wee hours of the morning.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

I'll have to check them out when I get home. surf control got me locked out of them pics.

did you guys get any of the snow yesterday?

Nope, just a little rain. We got to see the storms form that hit ya'll the other night though.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

dude, if you are there for another month or so you will see some serious storms. trust me.

Gawd I hope I'm not here this long. I love this job but geez everything, and I mean everything, that could go wrong on this job has...twice.

...and there ain't no holes to hide in or anywhere to escape the high winds. Last summer I over by Eufala & the winds literally tilted the trailer to one side.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

I spent a week at a time in a 21ft Amerilite travel trailer when I was taking call and there were nights I just didn't feel safe in the darn thing.
    I don't like em when I work because our electricity is so fickle that any lightening strike within a 10 mile radius blinks us and its a scramble to keep things running or getting things restarted. Its a joke

Yep, and all of our electronics are seriously scared of lightning...one close flash & we quit drilling 'til we fix it.

This trailer is about a 24 footer with a single slide out. It would be good for one person but we're having to double up on this job & it's the succ.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

you guys use local elect. or generators?

Diesel generators. Everything out here is stand alone. Each trailer even has it's own water supply and sewer. Unfortunately after about a week out here it smells like a very unclean public restroom outside.

I'm glad I brought my Satellite dish & the other guy brought his TIVO, so we don't miss anything we really want to watch. It's kind of like luxury camping, only sober.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Petro-Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Whats the TD? Target formation?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

When you strike a gusher, do you get naked and roll around in the crude???

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Be thankful that you're not out in Russia or Nigeria...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Skysooner's Avatar
    vCash

In that area they are probably going for the Granite Wash.
    Metaphors be with you!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member IB4OU2's Avatar
    vCash

Are you there yet?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Petro-Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Dads on the slope right now. Current temp, -32. WOW.