Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SAC Baseball

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Paperclip's Avatar
    vCash

SAC Baseball

Hey Ike, you out there.

OBU got a 2 hit shutout and a 4-0 win vs. SNU today in the first conference game of the season. Bobby Cox got his 800th win.

party pooper
    vCash

Re: SAC Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Paperclip
    Hey Ike, you out there.

OBU got a 2 hit shutout and a 4-0 win vs. SNU today in the first conference game of the season. Bobby Cox got his 800th win.
    thats awesome. Congratulations to coach Cox. He is a great coach and a great guy too. I haven't kept up with the entire SAC very much this year (yet), but I have been keeping an eye on my DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPION alma mater (sorry, but it just feels so good saying that). My boys have gotten off to a bit of a rocky start so far. they dropped their first 3, but then went on an 8 game winning streak before losing 2 and winning their next 2. They had Peru state today, but the score isn't posted yet, so I don't know how they fared. Since it was a night game, and our basketball team is in the NAIA tourney, I doubt our new SID will have the result up until tomorrow

we start conference play on saturday with a doubleheader against St. Gregs.
    personally, Im just a little glad that we aren't facing the likes of LCU and OBU until much later in the season. We look like we still have a few kinks to work out. But I'm confident that they will be worked out in short order.

vCash

OCU drilled the Peruvians. It's been a weird week. Peru State played OCU then went to OBU (who beat them 24-0) then back to OCU yesterday then back to OBU today. There's a single game for OCU at St. Greg's today.
    Our mutual friend proposed a wager to me for the OBU/OCU series. Since the series are only three games this year we'll have to have a winner.

vCash

Wow Ike, OCU gets a convincing 7-5 win over St. Greg's today to go 1-0 in the SAC. McLaughlin gives up 11 hits.
    I'm headed to SNU tomorrow for OBU's double-header with the Crimson Storm. Thanks to Kelvin and the boys I don't have to worry about taking a radio with me to catch the basketball game.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Mutual Friend here...

Paperclip, I still have faith that our Stars (Ike's and mine) will overcome your Bison when they play their series on April 21 & 22. As defending national champions (yes, Ike, it feels so good to say that), they will have something to prove. And they'll do it by giving your Bison a sound drubbing (he said hopefully). With Peguero gone, the Bison will be hurting.

vCash

OBU took game 1 today 7-2. Got out of a bases loaded, 1 out jam in the sixth with back to back strike outs. Tacked on a couple of insurance runs in the seventh and ball game. Gorgeous day here for baseball. 84, sunny, what little wind there was was blowing in. The wind blowing in at SNU means a plane landing at Wiley Post will be buzzing the park about every 30 seconds.
    Would have loved to stay for game 2, but didn't.
    Tell you what dad, maybe you should worry about St. Greg's before you start thinking about the Bison.

vCash

I prefer to take the long view. You "one game at a time" people have no vision.

vCash

OBU sweeps SNU, OCU sweeps St. Greg's. Both teams start off conference play 3-0. It is on!

vCash

All the SAC series were sweeps this weekend including Lubbock just destroying USAO.

3/11/2006
    Northwestern OSU 16
    Wayland Baptist 17 *

Science & Arts Oklahoma 2
    Lubbock Christian 12 *

Oklahoma Baptist 7
    Southern Nazarene 2 *

Oklahoma Baptist 14
    Southern Nazarene 3 *

St. Gregory's 2
    Oklahoma City 6

St. Gregory's 0
    Oklahoma City 10

3/10/2006
    Northwestern OSU 2
    Wayland Baptist 10 *

Northwestern OSU 2
    Wayland Baptist 7 *

Science & Arts Oklahoma 1
    Lubbock Christian 10 *

Science & Arts Oklahoma 1
    Lubbock Christian 27 *

Oklahoma City 7
    St. Gregory's 5

3/9/2006
    Southern Nazarene 0
    Oklahoma Baptist 4 *

vCash

Code:
    Team  	                  SAC  	Overall
    Oklahoma Baptist 	  3-0 	17-3
    Lubbock Christian 	  3-0 	19-5
    Oklahoma City 	          3-0 	14-5
    Wayland Baptist           3-0 	13-11
    Southern Nazarene         0-3   21-9
    Northwestern 	          0-3 	5-7
    Science & Arts Oklahoma   0-3   6-9
    St. Gregory's 	          0-3   7-13

vCash

OCU took two today from College of the Ozarks. Came from behind both times. 21-11 in the first game, 7-6 in the second.

Nice to get the wins, but giving up too many runs for my comfort.

vCash

Latest NAIA rankings just came out. Oklahoma City ranked #3 in the country, Oklahoma Baptist #20.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OCUDad
    Latest NAIA rankings just came out. Oklahoma City ranked #3 in the country, Oklahoma Baptist #20.
    That ranking is on reputation only. No way they're the third best team in the country right now.

vCash

At this point in the season, I agree rankings don't mean much. OBU is probably not the 20th best team in the country right now, either. Want some cheese with that whine?

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Yawn.

vCash

Yawn
    The chair recognizes the learned representative from East Texas. If he would now be so kind as to belch, his vocabulary will be exhausted and he is free to leave.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Belch, burp and double yawn.

vCash

OK, now that we have had the obligatory visit and useless post from the inevitable troll, can we get back to discussing SAC baseball?

OCU is 6-0 in SAC play, OBU is 5-1, and Lubbock Christian is 4-2. Those three appear to be the front-runners for the SAC championship. OCU-LCU series is this weekend, OBU-LCU is the following weekend, and OCU-OBU on April 21 and 22. Any predictions?

I'll go out on a limb and say that both OBU and OCU will at least win, and possibly sweep, their respective series with LCU, and it will come down to the OCU-OBU matchup in April.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

OCU Dad: I apologize. Obviously, SAC (Sooner Athletic Conf. I assume?) baseball is important to you good folks posting this thread. I guess I just can't see why this lovefest is going on a University of Oklahoma Baseball message board and not somewhere else. I'm also envious that there doesn't
    appear to be as much enthusiasm for Sooner baseball as for the SAC.

Again, please accept my apologies and post away about your favorite SAC nine to your hearts content.

party pooper
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoomerJack
    OCU Dad: I apologize. Obviously, SAC (Sooner Athletic Conf. I assume?) baseball is important to you good folks posting this thread. I guess I just can't see why this lovefest is going on a University of Oklahoma Baseball message board and not somewhere else. I'm also envious that there doesn't
    appear to be as much enthusiasm for Sooner baseball as for the SAC.

Again, please accept my apologies and post away about your favorite SAC nine to your hearts content.

the reason is that there are more than one regular posters on this board that have ties to more than one SAC school. Specifically, myself (I am an OU grad student and football/basketball fan). I graduated from OCU and had a baseball scholarship at that university, and am very interested in the goings on at their baseball field. That other sooner fans share similar experiences and loyalties to smaller schools as well makes this a convienent place to discuss it.

I realize you think that small school baseball must be unimportant, especially to the people who think Oklahoma only has 2 universities, but if you would take the time to actually look, you might see that there is actually some damn good baseball being played at schools you don't care about.

PS, In the last 3 years of the OCU/OU baseball series (2000-2002, before OU got skeered) OCU led the series 4-2.