Thread: Kerry Wood

Dangd o man drinkin beer with Hank, Bill, and Dale man!
    vCash

Kerry Wood

Imagine that! We aren't even two games into Spring Training and he is already having surgery!!!!

We should have dumped him this off-season!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2352970

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Kerry Wood

Sounds like Gagne is a mess also.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

at least a good note for Cub fans I guess is that at least it isn't his arm this time
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

surgery to the knee was very very minor. But, still...this guy just cant stay healthy!

At least the Cubs appear to no be counting on Wood...they've got like 7 Starters on the roster.

Dangd o man drinkin beer with Hank, Bill, and Dale man!
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKGOLD
    surgery to the knee was very very minor. But, still...this guy just cant stay healthy!

At least the Cubs appear to no be counting on Wood...they've got like 7 Starters on the roster.
    Yep and with Glendon Rusch and Jerome Williams getting hammered the last two days...things are looking way up! Now if we can get Maddux's ERA below 4.5 we will be looking at least a .500 year.

Can someone please explain to me why we didn't go after Jared Washburn and Kevin Millwood this offseason? The only starter I have confidence in is Carlos Zambrano.