SoonerFans.com Elite Member AllAboutThe'O''s Avatar
    There she is, and I hope she's living where I is.
    vCash

When will Arkansas get with the program.....

and raise its speed limit to 65? Got caught for speeding around Waldron today (driving 66 down the U.S. 71 straightaway in a 55-mph zone) and needless to say, I'm still perturbed about it. I mean, Oklahoma's 65, Louisiana's 65, Texas is 65. Why not Arkansas? Will the honorable governor stop worrying about trying to lose weight and start raising the speed limit? I swear, some of the things they say about the state of Arkansas can be disgustingly true sometimes.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member IronSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: When will Arkansas get with the program.....

I dunno, but a cop pulled me over on I-40 in Arkansas a few years ago as I was still speeding at the beginning of the construction zone. 70-ish in a 55 or 60. He said he couldn't give me a ticket (?), explained why the highway was so bumpy, and let me go. No complaints here yet.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BoogercountySooner's Avatar
    vCash

You know sometimes what people say about people and stuff from every state is true.
    Booger Kills Deer and eatsem!

Sooner All-World
    vCash

now wait a sec. they had a higher speed limit a few years back did they not?
    when I was around hoxie and walnut ridge I could swear it was 65. course i could be wrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by oumartin
    now wait a sec. they had a higher speed limit a few years back did they not?
    when I was around hoxie and walnut ridge I could swear it was 65. course i could be wrong
    I'm guessing for the non-interstate main U.S. highways that go four-lane, they raise it to 65. That's the case for U.S. 71 between Ashdown and Texarkana, it's 65 for most of the way. Also for the new bypass from Texarkana close to the Louisiana line, it's 65. But you would think that at least they could go up to 65 for all the U.S. highways in the state, two lanes or four.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

I'm just glad the Supremes said this week Arkansas had to deal with us over all that chicken poop* they're letting drain into OUr state.

(Arkie bastages contended in Federal court that we didn't have a say about it and they got slapped down.)

* the PC term is "poultry litter."
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerProphet's Avatar
    vCash

my momma was born in waldron. great grandparents used to live there, small town.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerProphet
    great grandparents used to live their
    how do you know they were so great?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerProphet
    my momma was born in waldron. great grandparents used to live there, small town.
    Well, just so you know, whenever you drive through Waldron on U.S. 71 (not exactly through Waldron, it's more a bypass than anything else), slow down on that speedway from the Ark. 80 intersection to the 71B intersection south of town.
    Otherwise, you're right, it's probably not a bad place to live.