Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-World
    vCash

Sutton admits he is still on the bottle!!

wow

Re: Sutton admits he is still on the bottle!!

I was hoping that wasn't the case. I hope my fellow Sooner fans will handle this with some class.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner Born Sooner Bred's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by oumartin
    wow
    That's kind of an unfair statment to say "still." He said he backslid.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

I apologize for that.

I am just stunned.. I hope he gets better and his alma matter falls apart.

we should send him a card

vCash

Oh I agree, I wish him the best. Anyone can "succomb to temptation." I pray he gets the help he needs.

I also hopes osux loses all their games from here until eternity

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

i can't believe you guys.....he could have killed someone!!!! he's a piece of **** and deserves everthing that is coming to him!!!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Despite what you think of the man, you at least have to give him props and admire his guts for standing up and admitting that he has problem, that's he's going to get help, and doesn't BS the situation.

I mean, he was to-the-point on the issue and didn't make any bones or confusion about it. Except for the whole retirement vs. extended medical leave thing.....

NOW GO AWAY OR I SHALL TAUNT YOU A SECOND TIME!

vCash

Yea it was kind of a let down. I was hoping they would try to cover it up and get caught. But after listing to him I hope he licks the problem. And OSU never wins a another ballgame. I think he was still drunk! He said Shawn could be a better coach than he ever was.

vCash

How about the woman that was in the other car? She's been all over the media griping that Sutton and the university hadn't called her. I think she said something to the effect of, "The news stations all found my number. Why can't he?"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you are NOT supposed to have contact with an opposing legal party? I mean, contacting and apologizing is the same as admitting guilt (of course, that's a moot point now). But talk about someone just trying to ride the coattails of someone famous and milk him for all he's worth.

I mean, when my mom was in a car accident, she never received a call or flowers from the opposite legal party when she had to have neck surgery as a result.

NOW GO AWAY OR I SHALL TAUNT YOU A SECOND TIME!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jimminy Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by walkoffsooner
    I was hoping they would try to cover it up and get caught.
    Like the first 9-1-1 call and refusing to submit to a blood test?

Eddie could make a buttload of money endorsing a cab company.

I should be in Advertising.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jimminy Crimson
    Like the first 9-1-1 call and refusing to submit to a blood test?
    That first call had to be someone on staff.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jimminy Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner Born Sooner Bred
    That first call had to be someone on staff.
    Maybe he was calling himself in?

vCash

"Sir, what is your name?"

"Um it rhymes with 'Lames Picky"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUTromBoNado
    Despite what you think of the man, you at least have to give him props and admire his guts for standing up and admitting that he has problem, that's he's going to get help, and doesn't BS the situation.

I mean, he was to-the-point on the issue and didn't make any bones or confusion about it. Except for the whole retirement vs. extended medical leave thing.....
    Excuse me, it was out their for Stoolwater and the world to see. He couldn't escape it - so the mea culpa.

He should have retired immediately, but no, he is still trying to get to that coaching milestone...That is really telling.

So what about the white trash woman wanting an apology from LosuR. Hello, LosuR didn't hit her, Eddie did. She would be seen in a better light saying nothing and letting the Lawyer handle it in the background...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Big Red Ron's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUTromBoNado

Bull Crap! He had a blood test done God and everyone was about to know. He had no choice but to tell.

It reminds me of Clinton's denial of having "sex with that woman," until the cum stain on the dress and subsequent DNA test. His story changed rather quickly when he new the gig was up.

Any of us here would be on our way to prison for this deal.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,
    a thousand victories. - Sun Tzu (500 B.C.)

CEO, Devastation, Inc. John Kochtoston's Avatar
    vCash

As far as I'm concerned, if Eddie wants sympathy, he can look between "sh*tfaced" and "totaled" in his OED. He has gotten a free pass from local media for close to 15 years on his shady dealings at Kentucky, and I almost got diabetes from the sugar coating of what a great coach and person Sutton is. Now he gets liquored up, hopped up on pain killers, jumps behind the wheel, and comes close to killing someone.

If this was just limited to his alcohol abuse (i.e. if he had a relapse without adding the DUI to it), I could be somewhat sympathetic. But his exit from Kentucky and this incident seem to reveal his true character.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by John Kochtoston
    As far as I'm concerned, if Eddie wants sympathy, he can look between "sh*tfaced" and "totaled" in his OED. He has gotten a free pass from local media for close to 15 years on his shady dealings at Kentucky, and I almost got diabetes from the sugar coating of what a great coach and person Sutton is. Now he gets liquored up, hopped up on pain killers, jumps behind the wheel, and comes close to killing someone.

If this was just limited to his alcohol abuse (i.e. if he had a relapse without adding the DUI to it), I could be somewhat sympathetic. But his exit from Kentucky and this incident seem to reveal his true character.
    Well said.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,

vCash

I didnt see many OSU fans on here praising Dusty D. when he admitted he had a problem and sought help. Its hard for me to have sympathy for the man, In the press conference he admitted to taking a bunch of pills and they didnt work. That shows me that he was addicted to the pills already. Instead of seeking help for that problem, he chose to drink. I have serious doubts this was the first time he'd taken a drink recently. There would be no reason to check yourself into a clinic for one "backslide".

Keep in mind, he was on his way to the airport to board the team plane. What if he hadnt wrecked? He would have been drunk and on pain killers in front of his players. Now that's a role model. How many times had this happened in the past?

I have a hard time having sympathy for the man right now. I hope he gets his life straight but it scares me that he was the head coach at a major University with these kinds of issues.

vCash

Eddie Sutton is making Barry Switzer look like an Angel. I'll give him props for that.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,