Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Big Red Ron's Avatar
    vCash

Pat Forde just reported on ESPN's Hot list...

that the latest incident with Eddie Sutton's DUI accident combined with his academic fraud scandal at UK will probably keep him out of the College Basketball Hall of Fame.

Again, Kharma aggies.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,
    a thousand victories. - Sun Tzu (500 B.C.)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BillyBall's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Pat Forde just reported on ESPN's Hot list...

As much as I dislike OSU, this is an extremely ****ty way to go out. I really hope it was just the meds and not booze.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBall
    As much as I dislike OSU, this is an extremely ****ty way to go out. I really hope it was just the meds and not booze.
    I don't see one as worse than the other. Both are illegal to drive on and both are legal to purchase.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

I'm suprised he didn't make the Pontiac Game Changing performance...that is if he drove a Pontiac. He could be a finalist for Miller Light Coach of the Year.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BillyBall's Avatar
    vCash

Good point, I guess it really has to do more with his history than anything.

You are right though, one isn't really "better" than the other.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

Couldn't have happened to a nicer drunken cheat.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by gdc
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer drunken cheat.
    heh
    Last edited by Big Red Ron; 2/13/2006 at 04:47 PM.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Correct me if im wrong guys, but isnt adolph rupp in the hall of fame. That guy also has a court named after him and was one of the biggest known racists of his time, if he can get all that then Im all for eddie getting in the Hall, we may make fun of him and he may have flaws as we all do, but the guy can coach. Isnt that what the hall is all about, hell bobby knight is going to get in, Eddie is ten times a better person than he is!
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

What about John Wooden, he murdered people!
    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I may be wrong but it seems as if we may have gone for a fake PAT once since I've been at Baylor. Although I may have just been drunk and playing Xbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Back off of Bob (Barry, Sr.). He's drank more beer, pissed more blood and banged more quiff than all of you numnut's put together.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Collier11
    Correct me if im wrong guys, but isnt adolph rupp in the hall of fame. That guy also has a court named after him and was one of the biggest known racists of his time, if he can get all that then Im all for eddie getting in the Hall, we may make fun of him and he may have flaws as we all do, but the guy can coach. Isnt that what the hall is all about, hell bobby knight is going to get in, Eddie is ten times a better person than he is!
    Rupp got in while racism was alive and well, Knight is an ashole for sure but he never (that we know of) cheated or had to go to the betty ford clinic and now this????
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Ron
    Rupp got in while racism was alive and well, Knight is an ashole for sure but he never (that we know of) cheated or had to go to the betty ford clinic and now this????

Precisely. Rupp wouldn't have been a Hall of Famer if he had been a modern coach. Even if he wasn't run out of town and Kentucky changed their name to the fightin' Aryans he wouldn't have won too many games.

I think there were enough people that were willing to forget that Sutton had a shady past until this came up again.

I'm waiting for the Roberyt Allen conspiracy theories where he says that Kelvin Sampson called the cops on him.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Beef's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Hard Corn Frog
    I'm waiting for the Roberyt Allen conspiracy theories where he says that Kelvin Sampson called the cops on him.
    I thought Calvin wasn't allowed to make any more phone calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean
    Him being a ****ing tard does. You don't smack down your mongoloid cousin when he spits taters across the table.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beef
    I thought Calvin wasn't allowed to make any more phone calls.
    Thus the conspiracy! Calvin called an OSU recruit who happened to be a cop who then arrived on the scene and made the arrest while Calvin was on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Herr Scholz's Avatar
    vCash

Bob Knight choked a kid.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

It was actually a text message...omg, lmfao, lol, etc...
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Keeping Eddie out of the HOF for this is roughly equivalent to keeping Barry out of the football HOF. If you think Barry never drove drunk, I've got this bridge to Ketchikan to sell you..

Just because Eddie might be a bad guy (which I don't think he is, just a really really irresponsible one) doesn't mean he's not a hell of a basketball coach.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sooner
    Keeping Eddie out of the HOF for this is roughly equivalent to keeping Barry out of the football HOF. If you think Barry never drove drunk, I've got this bridge to Ketchikan to sell you..

Just because Eddie might be a bad guy (which I don't think he is, just a really really irresponsible one) doesn't mean he's not a hell of a basketball coach.
    Barry is in the HOF. Of Course Barry also has THREE national championships to Eddie's ZERO, ZIP, SQUA****** in national championships. Besides Barry never smashed into another car then careened into a tree. Other than that, they're exactly the same.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

And Barry was kept OUT of the HOF for several years because of the perception of him as a cheater.

Apparently you have a different meaning assigned in your head to "roughly." I'll break it into smaller pieces.

Barry kept out of HOF for several years because of off-the-field stuff is not exactly but kind of similar to keeping Eddie Sutton out of the HOF because of off-the-court stuff.

Barry certainly was a very accomplished coach. So is Eddie. No, Eddie hasn't won a national championship, but he's taken four teams to the NCAA tourney-something only one other coach has done to my knowledge (Lefty Dreisell.)

By all means, the legal book should be thrown at him, but not having him in the Hall of Fame? It's not like the guy bet on OSU games or anything.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner24's Avatar
    vCash

I like Eddie Sutton and hope that everything works out for him. After all the agony he has had to endure after the plane crash it would be little wonder he started drinking again if that is the case.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sooner
    And Barry was kept OUT of the HOF for several years because of the perception of him as a cheater.

Apparently you have a different meaning assigned in your head to "roughly." I'll break it into smaller pieces.

Barry kept out of HOF for several years because of off-the-field stuff is not exactly but kind of similar to keeping Eddie Sutton out of the HOF because of off-the-court stuff.

Barry certainly was a very accomplished coach. So is Eddie. No, Eddie hasn't won a national championship, but he's taken four teams to the NCAA tourney-something only one other coach has done to my knowledge (Lefty Dreisell.)

By all means, the legal book should be thrown at him, but not having him in the Hall of Fame? It's not like the guy bet on OSU games or anything.
    It won't break my heart if he doesn't make it. Barry didn't really care either. No matter how bad you dislike a person, its almost impossible to keep them out of the HOF with four championships (One Super Bowl). Eddie may deserve but so does Pete Rose and Shoeless Joe.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,