Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Anybody Else Used To Be A Republican?

After seeing George Bush's handywork on the economy and the impact of GOP rule on civil liberties over the past 3 years I have officially switched to Independent.

Too damned bad the Democrats are too incompetent to take full advantage of the GOP's massive shortcomings.

Oh, and I am very tired of demagogues llike Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly. O'Reilly is especially a muckraking tool.

There, now I feel better.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member RacerX's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Anybody Else Used To Be A Republican?

I tuned it all out a long time ago.

I think I'll register indifferent.

vCash

If you change to Libertarian I think you get to smoke weed or something.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

I predict: 8 pages

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

i used to be a dem.

Never gonna give you up
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mjcpr
    I predict: 8 pages

I'll take the over.

vCash

IBTT

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Czar Soonerov
    I'll take the over.
    I should've laid down some guidelines.

40 posts per page

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 1stTimeCaller's Avatar
    vCash

I was in Oklahoma. In Missouri you don't choose and now in Texas I will be an Indie.
    one day

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Howzit
    If you change to Libertarian I think you get to smoke weed or something.
    At least then you don't care if the politicians are screwing you over.

Seriously, Bill O'Reilly scours the earth to find the lonely wacked-out judge that lets off a heinous criminal or the isolated cases of the Department of Human services letting a case fall between the cracks and he demogoues the occurences unmercifully. This only serves the purpose of giving cover to the other extreme: overly aggressive prosecutors with timid judges and overly aggressive social regulatory agencies.

Lest any of you think you have nothing to worry about regarding over-zelous social agencies and over-zelous local district attorneys go check things out in your local counties if you live in a county in which one party controls the entire local government and talk to families that have been victimized by these government agencies.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

There is no way a politician is going to be 100% of what you want. It will never happen. Bush is mildly conservative at best, a good mix between Clinton and Reagan me thinks. I think that is fine for this time of in history as he has helped the economy recover and kept us safe.

As for me, I am a Christian conservative (religious zealot fundamentalist in liberalese). I am for whom ever best represents my Christian view, keeps me safe and keeps my taxes low.

Cut the taxes, confirm the judges, kill the terrorists. Thats all I asked for.

vCash

Whenever a boy comes you should always have something baking.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaTuba
    There is no way a politician is going to be 100% of what you want. It will never happen. Bush is mildly conservative at best, a good mix between Clinton and Reagan me thinks.

As for me, I am a Christian conservative (religious zealot fundamentalist in liberalese). I am for whom ever best represents my Christian view, keeps me safe and keeps my taxes low.

Cut the taxes, confirm the judges, kill the terrorists. Thats all I asked for.
    Then you are a Libertarian. All the politics in this country have devolved into which party can demogogue their hot-button issues the best. The GOP's penchant for increasing the scope and power of the executive branch scares me more than the Democrat's insistence on laying down a code of political correctness. Neither is good for the country or civil liberties but at least one usually doesn't lose their freedom for violating the code of political correctness.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma
    Then you are a Libertarian.
    Okay, I'm upping the ante.

10 pages.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OUAndy1807's Avatar
    vCash

Seriously, Bill O'Reilly scours the earth to find the lonely wacked-out judge that lets off a heinous criminal or the isolated cases of the Department of Human services letting a case fall between the cracks and he demogoues the occurences unmercifully. This only serves the purpose of giving cover to the other extreme: overly aggressive prosecutors with timid judges and overly aggressive social regulatory agencies.
    You're kidding yourself if you think this is a one way street. While vacationing last year the resort where we stayed had a little library and I read Franken's book (the Liars one). He literally had 17 (I'm pretty sure this was the number, it's close anyway) Harvard students donated to him to research. How did he use them? He had them go through republican speeches and pundits statements and find any faulty statements. I'm talking about taking one line that was said during a television interview and spending a chapter dissecting the statement and proving why it was false.

They're all dispicable in my book, both sides. The world would be a lot better place if these pundits were all gone, but that's not going to happen.

vCash

As stated before, except in instances of terrorist attack directly against the United States, the only difference between the Republicans and Democrats is the special interest groups to which each party kowtow.

The country as a whole, has become of secondary importance behind each party's thirst for power for its special interest groups. Self-preservation and the acquisition of power are the main goals now.

Each party is convinced they are absolutely right and the other party is absolutely wrong.. from taxes to domestic policy to welfare to foreign policy, the measuring stick is no longer what is in America's best interest as a whole. but... what position is going to make "My" party look the best and as such, be able to accumulate more votes, more representation, more power.

There is no more "Loyal Opposition."

It is simply... My Party.. My Power.
    humph....

In Pacem Requiescat --- October 5, 2003 - October 18, 2010.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member IronSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Didn't we used to have a no politics day?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUAndy1807
    You're kidding yourself if you think this is a one way street. While vacationing last year the resort where we stayed had a little library and I read Franken's book (the Liars one). He literally had 17 (I'm pretty sure this was the number, it's close anyway) Harvard students donated to him to research. How did he use them? He had them go through republican speeches and pundits statements and find any faulty statements. I'm talking about taking one line that was said during a television interview and spending a chapter dissecting the statement and proving why it was false.

They're all dispicable in my book, both sides. The world would be a lot better place if these pundits were all gone, but that's not going to happen.
    At least Franken is going after politicians and pundits. O'Reilly is trying, quite successfully, to intimidate local governments and effect a change in the way they deal with the local citizens. This is simply astounding. Leave the local politics up to the locals. Let them decide what type of judges and prosecutors they want in their county.

vCash

Then you are a Libertarian. All the politics in this country have devolved into which party can demogogue their hot-button issues the best. The GOP's penchant for increasing the scope and power of the executive branch scares me more than the Democrat's insistence on laying down a code of political correctness. Neither is good for the country or civil liberties but at least one usually doesn't lose their freedom for violating the code of political correctness.
    I do not consider myself a Libertarian. I am 100% on the side of the government should stay the hell out of my life, except in times of national emergencies and wars. I feel the government is justified in taking actions as it has done successfully since the founding. I think that differs from a Libertarian POV.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member crawfish's Avatar
    vCash

I was independent for years, but registered Republican to vote for a friend in the primary.

However, I still THINK independent.