Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: air travel

air travel

so my job requires me to travel to houston now and then......so this morning i venture to love field to experience the "southwest commuter flight"

let me say this......there is nothing that comes as close to perfection in air travel like what southwest airlines has....it could not be any simpler

ok, so explain to me why people are unable to get their fat asses out of airplane seats without grabbing on to the seat in front of them (mine) and pulling on it till my back is parallel with the floor........how the EFF do these people get out of their chairs at home?

so i'm done with my meeting a little after 1pm and i'm reserved to come back on the 5:30 flight.....i walk into the terminal at 2 and at 2:30 i'm seated on the next flight back waiting for us to back up from the terminal

no wonder SWA pwns all the other airlines

so then mr important business commuter is sitting next to me talking on one cell phone while looking up stuff on his blackberry.....the flight attendant has to tell him 3 DAMN TIMES to turn off the damn thing

geez louise mister, i know how important you are, but rules are rules......and im sure you'll be ok for the 40 minutes that you have to turn off your damn cell phone....

Administrator
    vCash

Re: air travel

Southwest is pretty much meh. But I guess if you're just commuting between Dallas and Houston it's the way to go.

Flying from OKC to Seattle, or NY, or Boston on SW can be done. If you don't mind going through KC, Las Vegas, Phoenix, LA, and Sacramento on the way.

I'm an AA guy. When you die and go to hell, you still gotta go through Dallas on the way.....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    so then mr important business commuter is sitting next to me talking on one cell phone while looking up stuff on his blackberry.....the flight attendant has to tell him 3 DAMN TIMES to turn off the damn thing
    There was jackhat on my flight home from Atlanta last week that had to have his Blackberry taken out of his hands and stuffed into an overhead bin by the flight attendent.

I thought those things didn't work anymore?
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

oh i like AA as well....but from dallas to houston, you cant beat love field to hobby

if i had to go thru D/FW this morning, would have been much more "painful"

i did think it was funny as we were flying into dallas this afternoon, we went right over the "American Airlines Center"....lol...right in the flight path of Southwest!

Brewmaster

vCash

I've actually had the best luck with United, but I mostly travel to the Chicago/New York area, and Southwest doesn't seem to go there much.
    ... that's not food.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHavePride
    I've actually had the best luck with United, but I mostly travel to the Chicago/New York area, and Southwest doesn't seem to go there much.
    Southwest flies to Chicago, and they fly near New York City.

Brewmaster

vCash

Yeah, but it's not usually any cheaper than United.
    ... that's not food.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHavePride
    Yeah, but it's not usually any cheaper than United.
    But SWA employees don't have sticks up their asses like most other airline employees. The drawback to flying on Southwest used to be that they skimped on the in-flight food, but everybody does that now.

Hey airline executives, I'll gladly pay an extra $1 if you give me a normal size bag of pretzels and the entire damn can of Coke.

vCash

Being able to check in/print out your boarding pass at home was the best invention of all time. Especially when you don't have to check any bags.

here's the other thing

what is it about being on a 40 minute flight that makes people feel THEY MUST have a small drink of soda?

seriously.....is the free coke that big a friggin deal? are you dying of thirst? you've barely got room to cross your arms and now you want to unfold that damn tray and hold onto a 4 ounce plastic cup until she comes around with the trash bag

really, its ok to say "no thanks" when they ask you if you want something

you can get a grown up size drink when you land

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

I've preferred United and America West for a few years now. I haven't flown since AWA merged with USAir yet so the jury is out on them again. I do know that I once vowed to never fly USAir again.

northwest is the airline that i'll avoid at all costs

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Bob's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    here's the other thing

what is it about being on a 40 minute flight that makes people feel THEY MUST have a small drink of soda?

seriously.....is the free coke that big a friggin deal? are you dying of thirst? you've barely got room to cross your arms and now you want to unfold that damn tray and hold onto a 4 ounce plastic cup until she comes around with the trash bag

really, its ok to say "no thanks" when they ask you if you want something

you can get a grown up size drink when you land

I've thought that several times myself . . . especially on an AA flight from OKC to DFW.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner_Bob
    I've thought that several times myself . . . especially on an AA flight from OKC to DFW.

Atlanta to OKC, Houston to San Diego--give me the whole damn can!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mdklatt
    Atlanta to OKC, Houston to San Diego--give me the whole damn can!

That I can understand and have often asked for the whole can . . . especially on a Delta flight from ABQ to Salt Lake then on to Anchorage.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

I like SWA, but I keep thinking I'm about to see someone bring aboard a live chicken in a cage, like on a Mexican bus. (Sorry if you've heard that before.) I really do think that some folks either need to travel lighter or check their stinkin bags.
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OUHOMER's Avatar
    vCash

I used to hate all the carry on baggage. used to just drive me crazy. until contenintal(SP) put my bag on a later flight. That was not cool. i was on my way home and my trucks were in the bag.

vCash

What I hate is the dude who sits in 27F and puts his bag above 12F.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mdklatt
    But SWA employees don't have sticks up their asses like most other airline employees. The drawback to flying on Southwest used to be that they skimped on the in-flight food, but everybody does that now.

Hey airline executives, I'll gladly pay an extra $1 if you give me a normal size bag of pretzels and the entire damn can of Coke.

Continental is now giving out a little half sandwich and bag of chips if you are on a flight that is during dinner or lunch.

Its pretty good.

Brewmaster

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TUSooner
    I really do think that some folks either need to travel lighter or check their stinkin bags.
    I usually check everything but my trombone. Last time I checked my trombone, the airline baggage handlers managed to crush the bell - I had a concert the next day; it cost serious bucks to get it fixed in a hurry. After that I shelled out $400 for a case that's streamlined enough to go in the overhead bins, and if it won't go there, they put it in the coat closet.
    ... that's not food.