Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Oklahoma vs. Kansas.....

..predictions

OU-75
    KU-72

KU is down a little this year, and OU is coming off a big win. I see OU taking control of the game, but They will slow it up at the end and KU will make a run at the end to give OU a close one. I wish that I could go to the game, it should be a good one.

Sooner Spectator Editor Jay C. Upchurch's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Oklahoma vs. Kansas.....

Better take care of Texas A&M first....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jay C. Upchurch
    Better take care of Texas A&M first....
    true...

vCash

With us beating A&M there and them almost losing to Baylor last weekend, I don't many possibilities that we could lose to them. Especially the way we have been playing lately.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

We've won the last 2 against A&M by a total of 5 points, & quite frankly, were lucky to win the last game at all. The guys would do VERY well not to overlook the Aggies.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Stanley1's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Salt City Sooner
    We've won the last 2 against A&M by a total of 5 points, & quite frankly, were lucky to win the last game at all. The guys would do VERY well not to overlook the Aggies.

I understand your point, but I wouldn't say we were "lucky" to win the last one. We played damn good defense, and couldn't buy a shot. Also played without one of our best players.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 NickZeppelin's Avatar
    vCash

If Everett's shot misses we lose that game. A&M plays great D and is well coached. That'll be a tough game. Next 3 games will all be tough. If we go 1 of 3 against A&M, @ KU, and @ OSU that's pretty good.

vCash

[QUOTE=NickZeppelin]If Everett's shot misses we lose that game. [QUOTE]

He didn't though. He made a pretty wide-open shot. Not that big of a deal. I don't consider that lucky.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Gandalf_The_Grey's Avatar
    vCash

According to Nick we are just lucky to be Americans after that whole Cold War Fiasco crap job Reagen did

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 NickZeppelin's Avatar
    vCash

I don't think we lose more then 3 road games the rest of the year(5 losses in conference total is pretty good) but I think going to Lawrence, Stillwater, and Austin are tough games.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by NickZeppelin
    I don't think we lose more then 3 road games the rest of the year(5 losses in conference total is pretty good) but I think going to Lawrence, Stillwater, and Austin are tough games.

Next to playing in Austin, the KU game will be the toughest one of the year for us to win. KU is playing really well right now, not that we aren't. We've definitely turned a corner since Neal is back but we probably will still have 2-3 nights that we don't have our A-game. KU is far from unbeatable but if you were to offer me right now that we would beat A&M, lose @KU and win @OSU I would take it.

vCash

[QUOTE=Stanley1][QUOTE=NickZeppelin]If Everett's shot misses we lose that game.

He didn't though. He made a pretty wide-open shot. Not that big of a deal. I don't consider that lucky.
    Everett entered that game shooting all of 25% from behind the arc (12-48). It was a good look, but it was also another 3-4 feet in back of the stripe. If it'd been someone like a Neal shooting it, I'd be a bit more willing to chalk it up to skill, but with Everett (& esp. a struggling Everett), not nearly as much. The 3 is one of the weaker (if not the weakest) parts of his particular game. He can get streaky at times, but on average, he's 100x better slashing to the hoop for a layup or hitting the mid-range jumper from 15 feet.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

As for the A&M game, the point isn't really whether it was a lucky shot, a clutch shot or a monster dunk right before the buzzer. It was that there was almost no margin for error in winning that game. Remember A&M had a decent look at the buzzer and the guy tossed up an airball from the lane.

It was a game that we had to scratch and claw from behind just to win. It would have been nice had we been playing better and Neal had been healthy. Maybe we win more handily. Still, you don't have to apologize for winning a close game on the road. If it is pointed out that we could easily be 3-3 right now then it is just as valid to say we could (and probably should) be 6-0.

I hope that we have a good home crowd on Wed night and that the home fans don't take the win for granted. Wish I could be there but it is a 7-hour round trip from here.

vCash

"Remember A&M had a decent look at the buzzer and the guy tossed up an airball from the lane."
    GREAT point. If the floor doesn't reach up & trip Jones, he's got a layup attempt at worst because he had Book beat & nobody came over to help in time.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 chriscappel's Avatar
    vCash

i just hope we beat Kansas so i have bragging rights with my dad
    "Now I see this clearly. My whole life is pointed in one direction. There never has been a choice for me."

-Travis Bickle

BOYCOTT "I Am Legend"!!!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

I assume the negspek jihad is still in full effect? I guess that means I have to say OU will win every game for the rest of eternity. It's like Pleasantville around here.

vCash

I assume the negspek jihad is still in full effect? I guess that means I have to say OU will win every game for the rest of eternity. It's like Pleasantville around here.

vCash

sorry guys. not trying to prove a point. computers just whacked out...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Salt City Sooner
    GREAT point. If the floor doesn't reach up & trip Jones, he's got a layup attempt at worst because he had Book beat & nobody came over to help in time.
    Yea, b/c there are alot of PF/C's that can dribble the length of the floor at full speed, in 6 seconds, and make a tough shot.

Fact is, we still weren't shooting well at that point, and were playing without Neal. Also a fact is that our defense was GREAT that game, and we rebounded well. We've turned the corner whether some of you want to admit it or not. We may not beat KU, but I certainly like our chances.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 stonecoldsoonerfan's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley1
    Yea, b/c there are alot of PF/C's that can dribble the length of the floor at full speed, in 6 seconds, and make a tough shot.

Fact is, we still weren't shooting well at that point, and were playing without Neal. Also a fact is that our defense was GREAT that game, and we rebounded well. We've turned the corner whether some of you want to admit it or not. We may not beat KU, but I certainly like our chances.
    it's not about "admitting" we've turned the corner or anything else. we won a hard fought game, but we were still lucky to win. it doesn't matter how well a pf/c dribbles or not. he was point blank at the basket after beating bookout and slipped. hard to say that's not lucky. that "pretty wide open shot" everett took was about a 24 footer. having someone that averaging 1 of 4 from that part of the court isn't your first choice. those aren't easy shots to make at that length. although we played tough, we were a bit on the lucky side to win that one. salt city is right on that.
    "Your argument based on the facts is not a valid one."-Hookem Horns, 3/7/03.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do you have any old OU athletic events on video? i trade for them. Please email or PM me if you do.

OU game videos