Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner Starter Since71ASooner4Life's Avatar
    vCash

Question DeMarcus Granger - last years #1 DT

Sad to say that living hear in Detroit I don't get to catch too many Sooner games unless they are highly rated and on Nationally televised games. This year I only got to see one game. It's awaful - I've sat in front of my PC hitting the refresh button to "watch" the play-by-play results electronically many times!

I was just looking over defensive statistics from last season, and didn't see Demarcus Granger having recorded a single tackle, so I'm wondering if he was injured and didn't play at all, and I didn't even know it? I thought I had read comments somewhere that he played well this year, but having recorded zero tackles doesn't sound like I heard correctly!

Someone please fill me in .... thanks in advance

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 NickZeppelin's Avatar
    vCash

Re: DeMarcus Granger - last years #1 DT

He came in hurt and redshirted. He'll have a shot at starting next year.

vCash

Nick,

Can you tell me what type of injury, is 100% recovery expected, etc ... ?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Nick, where you at?I'd like the answer too.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

vCash

Blood clot in his leg. He couldn't run for 5 or 6 weeks early in the year. He came in overweight 350+ lbs but has worked hard from day one and is in good shape now He's around 310 now. It'll be between him Bennett and if we get McCoy for the DT spot opposite Pendelton

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I would love to see a team try to run up the middle on McCoy and Granger....

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CatfishSooner's Avatar
    vCash

i think they will be go outside...
    Wakey Wakey Eggs & Bakey...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Seamus's Avatar
    vCash

I think they'll have little choice. But we will have excellent speed to the corners, and running on this defense will be very difficult.

I'm hoping Granger and McCoy can consistently collapse the pocket.

vCash

I think we'll see Pendelton in there more then we'll see Granger and McCoy on the line at the same time. Pendelton is a very good talent and will be a 3 year starter.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

wait i haven't been on the boards in awhile, did mccoy commit?

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Since71ASooner4Life
    Sad to say that living hear in Detroit I don't get to catch too many Sooner games unless they are highly rated and on Nationally televised games. This year I only got to see one game. It's awaful - I've sat in front of my PC hitting the refresh button to "watch" the play-by-play results electronically many times!

I was just looking over defensive statistics from last season, and didn't see Demarcus Granger having recorded a single tackle, so I'm wondering if he was injured and didn't play at all, and I didn't even know it? I thought I had read comments somewhere that he played well this year, but having recorded zero tackles doesn't sound like I heard correctly!

Someone please fill me in .... thanks in advance
    Dood, it's called a sports bar and they have MANY Sooner games on Saturday. I don't think that I missed a single OU game in NYC.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

SoonerFans.com Elite Member boomersooner28's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by starclassic tama
    wait i haven't been on the boards in awhile, did mccoy commit?

not YET!

vCash

WE can rotate them the entire game and be fresh every single play it will be absolutely sick what we can do with that. They can all get substantial PT and we can be aggressive on every play- no breaks...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooneron
    Dood, it's called a sports bar and they have MANY Sooner games on Saturday. I don't think that I missed a single OU game in NYC.
    trust me...if they can find any excuse to show a big-10/11 game instead of anything else in sports bars up here they do it.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ruuuuuufus's Avatar
    vCash

Reportedly halfway through the year Granger had made enough strides that the coaches were thinking seriously about pulling his redshirt. He really started to tear up the scout team in the 2nd half.

vCash

Yep I think Granger and Pendelton probably start even if McCoy comes.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 RedStripe's Avatar
    vCash

The way we rotate the DT position we basically have 4 DT's starting. In crunch time we play the best 2.

vCash

Talking Re: DeMarcus Granger - last years #1 DT

Quote Originally Posted by sooneron

Believe it or not, some of us Sooner Fans are tired old 45 year olds who work demanding jobs that have us away from our families every week flying around the country (and the world) visiting customers. And some of us tired old people waited until we were too old to have children (mine are 5 and 7), which when young, occasionally want attention when we return home on the weekend. Amazingly, that lifestyle doesn't lend itself to spending too much time hanging in Sports Bars checking out the hotties - can you believe that?!!! I wasn't always the pathetic old guy that I've become .... believe it or not I was once a hip college student with long hair and an earring (even before they were cool) that got drunk and high at frat parties and then took girls home to my place for meaningful one night relationships!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUGreg723's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Since71ASooner4Life
    Believe it or not, some of us Sooner Fans are tired old 45 year olds who work demanding jobs that have us away from our families every week flying around the country (and the world) visiting customers. And some of us tired old people waited until we were too old to have children (mine are 5 and 7), which when young, occasionally want attention when we return home on the weekend. Amazingly, that lifestyle doesn't lend itself to spending too much time hanging in Sports Bars checking out the hotties - can you believe that?!!! I wasn't always the pathetic old guy that I've become .... believe it or not I was once a hip college student with long hair and an earring (even before they were cool) that got drunk and high at frat parties and then took girls home to my place for meaningful one night relationships!
    Whoooaaah....I hope I can be that cool some day!

vCash

People People, could someone kindly make a recomendation for Fox Sports Network Direct TV, All OU GAMES are on it, you may have to chunck another 125 year for ESPN package- figure it as one nice dinner for the kids and family.