Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 The Consumate Showman's Avatar
    in the backfield with "indian" jack jacobs
    vCash

Update on Walker tomorrow, not good (if true)

On the animal this evening, Albert reported that Brandon Walker will announce tomorrow morning at around 8:15. He reportred that Bobby Bowden is scheduled to arrive in Coffeyville tomorrow, shortly after Wlaker is scheduled to announce. Now, the accuracy of this info is called into question automatically because one, Al's not always the best source of info, and two, Bowden may have scheduled this flight a week ago and could be cancelling it tonight.......c'mon Walker...BOOMER SOONER BABY!!

Also, I haven't seen it posted here and haven't checked the FB board yet, but apparently Miami posters are saying that Gresham is going to commit to Miami. This, I believe, is the sheer cockieness of Miami coming into play. They probably think that they can get any TE they want any year because of their "history" of raising TE's at Miami. OU has a pretty good run of TE's, Zabel, Jackson, Alexander, and Smith.....Go to hell Miami ba$tardZ!!!!!!
    I have too much sympathy for myself to feel any for you......

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BASSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Update on Walker tomorrow, not good (if true)

yeah I heard about him announcing tommorow but I did not hear anything about bowden arriving afterwards. That's pretty cheap...too bad it won't be worth it when he wears his sooner cap.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ruuuuuufus's Avatar
    vCash

Bowden is actually supposed to be in there at 7AM before Walker announces.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Why do the Miami Cocaine fans think Gresham is going to Miami?

vCash

beacause they try to get greedy. With bowden showing up for walker's announcement, i think that is REALLY dumb because that just applies pressure for walker.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

Is it physically possible for Bowden to be up that early ????

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jdsooner's Avatar
    vCash

When you're the top junior college offensive lineman in the nation on the board, the pressure to make a decision can be intense. The pressure is magnified even further when you're being recruited by Bobby Bowden and Bob Stoops. But the end is near and a decision is forthcoming for four-star junior college offensive lineman Brandon Walker of Coffeyville (Kan.) Community College.

Rivals.com

Brandon Walker will announce his decision on Friday.
    Walker will announce his decision to world Friday at 8:15 a.m. cst on Rivals Radio (http://rivalsradio.com). It's a decision that he's still wrestling with now, even though he's less than 48 hours from making his announcement.

"I don't think I know what I'm going to do," Walker, who is 6-foot-3 and 315 pounds, said. "Right now it's still about 50-50 between Oklahoma and Florida State. Tonight I'm going to pray on it, tomorrow I'm going to think about it, and then Friday I'm going to announce it on Rivals.com."

Walker said he's hoping to have all of his friends and family back home in Detroit listening to the broadcast, and there will be hundreds of Seminole and Sooner fans waiting on the big news. The announcement itself will be exciting, but making the eventual choice has been agonizing.

"Everybody in Coffeyville has an opinion and they're telling me about it," he said. "Since we're closer to Oklahoma, I get a lot of people telling me I should go to Oklahoma. I have to do what's best for me, though. They'll support me no matter what I do, but there's no question they want me to be a Sooner."

Walker went over the positives of each school one more time, talking about the Sooners first.

"Kevin Wilson has been recruiting me for a while, and he's probably built the best relationship of all the coaches recruiting me," he said. "He's just expressed they have a major need for offensive linemen and I could go down there and play right away. He's also done things the right way and made it clear to me that I'm an important guy for them.

At Florida State, Walker is being recruited by Kevin Steele, Rivals.com's 2005 recruiter of the year, and Mark McHale. Florida State also has plenty of positives that impress the nation's No. 12 juco player.

"They're also low on numbers, and they're talking about me coming in and playing right away," he said. "I want to be somewhere where I can play right away. Florida State has also got the warm weather, the ladies, and they're one of the all-time best programs out there."

Wilson from Oklahoma visited with Walker on Tuesday and the Florida State coaches were originally set to visit with him earlier this afternoon. But he did get a message on his cell phone telling him that Bobby Bowden will now visit with him on Friday morning before he's set to announce.

Walker, though, dismissed talk that the visit is a clue as to where he's leaning toward.

"I think he's just trying to get the last word," Walker said. "I wouldn't say that it's a clue as to what I'm thinking. I know the Florida State coaches said they knew I was announcing Friday morning, but I guess that was when it was best for them to get the head coach out there. I don't know if it'll make much of a difference, because I'll have my mind made up by then."

Now the world just has to wait and see what that decision will be.

vCash

Even though he is telling this to the public he probably has a budha statue in his closet with the OU logo on it's head

vCash

Reportedly he told the Florida St. coaches not to show up tomorrow.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Gandalf_The_Grey's Avatar
    vCash

I hear he is committing to to Southeastern Oklahoma State University Savage Storm...cuz they have a sweet nickname...that is what i hear...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf_The_Grey
    I hear he is committing to to Southeastern Oklahoma State University Savage Storm...cuz they have a sweet nickname...that is what i hear...
    yeah they are hard to compete with...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 KingDavid's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ruuuuuufus
    Reportedly he told the Florida St. coaches not to show up tomorrow.
    please tell me you're not just f)(*ing with us on this statement. i can't take it.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

He is not messing with you. No Bowden visit tomorrow. Walker is all but in the bag.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

have you been following this antonio logan el saga?

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Not really-didn't he commit to Penn State?
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf_The_Grey
    Yeah, I bet he was mesmerized by their beautiful campus!!

Walker is a sooner!!

vCash

Welcome to OU Brandon

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 TripleOption14's Avatar
    vCash

GREAT!! more running lanes for AD and co.!!!!
    Hard work will defeat talent everytime talent doesn't work hard!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Enjoy your trip to Norman Mr. Walker...we are waiting for great things from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.