SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Bob's Avatar
    vCash

MPAA admits to unauthorized movie copying

Heh . . .

What happens when an organization that is best known for inveighing against the unauthorized copying of movies gets caught doing exactly that? The Motion Picture Association of America was caught with its pants down, admitting to making unauthorized copies of the documentary This Film Is Not Yet Rated in advance of this week's Sundance Film Festival.
    It's difficult to see how This Film Is Not Yet Rated—which ended up with an NC-17 rating for graphic sexual content—is being harmed. If nothing else, Dick is reaping a bountiful crop of free publicity on the eve of the Sundance Film Festival. The MPAA's decision to make copies of the film without the copyright-holder's permission reinforces the documentary's message that the MPAA's actions often reek of self-interest and hypocrisy.

So this means the normal end-user can just claim "I didn't copy the DVD for financial gain" and the MPAA can't prosecute them, right?

vCash

Re: MPAA admits to unauthorized movie copying

oh, i'm sure someone will say, but because you didn't purchase the movie, it's a financial gain, or some ****

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerWood's Avatar
    vCash

Re: MPAA admits to unauthorized movie copying

IBTM